RIP Marinerrott Topic

Marinerrott passed away yesterday.

Tigerrott had posted it in the $120M league forum, but some of us don't check the league forums regularly or are in round 2, which is why I'm posting it here.

My condolences to Tigerrott and his family. Marinerrott was a beloved member of our WIS/WISC family. He had qualified for round 2 of the tournament but backed out for health reasons.
11/20/2023 4:05 PM
One of the true joys (for me) of WIS is the people whom I never met but still somehow consider to be friends. Marinerrott was (and Tigerrott is) a person of deep integrity and a great competitor. I enjoyed every interaction with him on this site.

My best wishes to the family.
11/20/2023 4:55 PM
My condolences to Tigerrott and his family.
11/20/2023 5:03 PM
My condolences. My father passed away about a year ago. So I can feel your loss.
11/20/2023 5:17 PM
Mine two years ago. He never shared my passion for baseball (like marinerott evidently did) but I did take him to a game in 2015 when he was down visiting. It was the beginning of the year and Jays mania hadn’t hit yet and we had great seats because Rogers Centre was mostly empty. I remember trying to explain why I was excited about the team that year and the great trade they had made in the offseason for Josh Donaldson. Donaldson hit two homers that game and we had a great time.
Enjoy the memories.
11/20/2023 6:08 PM
My condolences. It's really great and unique that both Marinerott and Tigerrott regularly finished in the top 24 in this tournament.

I also bonded with my dad over baseball. Even when he got sick and was near the end, the first thing he wanted to talk about was baseball (or hockey).
11/21/2023 9:46 AM
My condolences to Tigerrott and his family. I lost my dad on November 4, so I know how it feels, sadly.
11/21/2023 1:23 PM
RIP Marinerrott Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.