Savage XIV Rosters/Commentary Topic

Posted by dBKC on 2/22/2024 5:09:00 PM (view original):
Him having more than 5 usable seasons that are all different styles (some better at D+boards, some better at passing+O) to give you flexibility when building teams is a big advantage imo
Interesting. I tend to just look at the five best seasons when evaluating and perhaps should change my perspective.
2/22/2024 5:14 PM
That's a 1st world perspective. Some of us schlubs get confused by flexibility. Options are the enemy of the feeble mind.
2/22/2024 5:16 PM
Posted by ashamael on 2/22/2024 5:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dBKC on 2/22/2024 5:09:00 PM (view original):
Him having more than 5 usable seasons that are all different styles (some better at D+boards, some better at passing+O) to give you flexibility when building teams is a big advantage imo
Interesting. I tend to just look at the five best seasons when evaluating and perhaps should change my perspective.
I only do it for a couple of people but Magic is one of them
2/22/2024 5:20 PM
*VOLUNTEERS NEEDED*

So robusk is once again tasked with evals as our league champion. If you've ever done evals you know how it goes - excited to start them, then you get a little tired of it, and finally it becomes a chore by the time you get to the end. And I'm just talking about written ones here. Rob has been dishing out 2 hour youtube videos lately haha. So I think he might need a break with evals this time.

So here's what I'm thinking...

I need 5 other owners who wouldn't mind doing evals. Those 5 and myself will do evals for 4 teams each. Feel free to do them in any style you like, but it should be more then a sentence or two. The sections will be split by draft order so 1-4 will be a group, 5-8 etc. If you want to be part of the evals, please let me know here or by sitemail and let me know which section you wish to do. I'll take the remaining one. I'll keep track of it on page 1 of this thread under the rosters.

2/22/2024 5:37 PM
oh and obviously dont pick the section that you are in
2/22/2024 5:40 PM
I was mulling over the idea of springing Ed's Uneducated Man Savage Analysis on the world, but it wouldn't start until each owner had made 3 picks.
It was going to be an assessment of the picks through the eyes of someone that has no clue. Like 3 players that universally get looked at as great fits, but to me make no sense because I don't see enough defense.
I will be trying to go back and see what pairings have already happened historically and how they fared, keeping in mind that 3 guys in Rob's hands have a better chance of succeeding than the same 3 guys in mine.
2/22/2024 5:56 PM
I could find time for 4. although I'm not sure if I'm worthy of an opinion.
2/22/2024 6:08 PM (edited)
Idk if Luka’s usage made sense with mchale and Barkley but honestly I didn’t care. 4 seasons I really like. Fulfills some rebounding and assist problems I was running into when I was looking at Stockton or the other guy I wanted.
2/22/2024 6:12 PM
I feel like this is two seasons in a row where I have to compete on two different fronts. 1) having to try and make a good team 2) having to deal with you all determined to draft so awful that it almost seems like you are purposely ensuring that Ben gets the best team to spite me
2/22/2024 8:15 PM
Posted by ashamael on 2/22/2024 5:07:00 PM (view original):
I'm not sure where I have Magic in my hierarchy of PGs. He's so good at so many things, but he's also not good at so many things (very inconsistent with both 3s and defense, awful at turnovers). I feel like mid 2nd seems right. I think there's been a couple of PGs taken ahead of him I wouldn't have taken, but there's also one or two that haven't been taken that I would take ahead of him, so idk.
Code for...Malone took GP too soon
2/22/2024 8:18 PM

Quote post by robusk on 2/22/2024 8:13:00 PM:

Ben takes Jimmy Butler walking dog sm for me
Welp.

We're ******.

Cya next year.
2/22/2024 8:19 PM
Posted by robusk on 2/22/2024 8:15:00 PM (view original):
I feel like this is two seasons in a row where I have to compete on two different fronts. 1) having to try and make a good team 2) having to deal with you all determined to draft so awful that it almost seems like you are purposely ensuring that Ben gets the best team to spite me
While Ben is better looking and more charismatic, when it comes to taking home the crown, in Rob we trust.
2/22/2024 8:22 PM
Posted by ashamael on 2/22/2024 8:19:00 PM (view original):

Welp.

We're ******.

Cya next year.
Unbeatable in the small minutes those 3 give at least.
2/22/2024 8:30 PM
Posted by steelers821 on 2/22/2024 8:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 2/22/2024 8:19:00 PM (view original):

Welp.

We're ******.

Cya next year.
Unbeatable in the small minutes those 3 give at least.
I think the tank commander can manage.
2/22/2024 8:36 PM
Seriously though I have a first round grade on Embiid and a mid 2nd round grade on Butler. As bad of a fit as Butler is with Jordan maybe I should have taken him just as defense.
2/22/2024 8:38 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...31 Next ▸
Savage XIV Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.