Site Update Topic

I just had a talk with my two friends who play with me in simleague baseball on occasion. We are going to finish our league and then drop out again for a while. The one guy didn't even make it to the end of the league and he is already done looking. Maybe we will be gone a few months, maybe a few years, maybe forever. This is all money lost for WIS.

The issue is this site isn't only competing with other websites and apps, it's also competing with video games and their own dynasty modes. When I play those games, I don't see the same 10 players on every team and feel deja vu in every league. Simple fix, bump up a player's salary by $50k each time he's used. You just forced variety into leagues, it would be so exciting. Rather, I see the same players on every team in first place in my league, this is not an exaggeration, I wish it was. There have been over 20,000 players in MLB history and most of them have multiple seasons of play. If the game only allows 100 players of specific seasons to be utilized to remain competitive, it is broken and a recipe for becoming stale quickly. This is a root issue with how the game is coded, they code needs to change to allow for greater variance or have dynamic salaries if the variance is too challenging to implement. If salaries are determined by a player's attributes, any player of $4MM should bring equal benefit to a team. Imagine if using the entire pool of $4MM first basement yielded similar results, each league would be a smorgasbord of player variety. Finding a jewel in the rough can still be a strategic aspect of the game, but after the guy is used 50 times then he becomes priced appropriately. Time to search for a new jewel in the rough, now that's fun and exciting! It's a race to trying new players and being the first to find the next Ketel. And guess what? If people need to create more teams to explore players more, that's more money for WIS... which means more resources for further improvement.

I looked at joining theme leagues, the same problem exists. Each era has its own cheese players, theme leagues just make it so you have a smaller pool of them to pick from. If salary changes come back, you'll get 10 leagues out of me each year. Probably 10 from my friends too. I know $400 a year isn't huge money, but this is the real impact a broken game is having on paying players.
4/14/2024 1:32 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10
Site Update Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.