Site Update HD Poll Topic

Hello everyone,

Per the post made in the whatifsports forums here is the link for the HD poll: CLICK HERE
3/26/2024 11:27 AM
You need access to be able to view this poll.
3/26/2024 11:53 AM
This is flawed polling methodology. You need a "none of the above" option. I would prefer you utilized your limited resources and have your one WIS developer actually work on items that improve gameplay. The first choice is the only one that might improve the game - it's not my choice, but I understand that some might think it's a good option. I don't have enough information to know, or understand what the 2nd choice would mean for gameplay. The other three choices would have no real impact on actual gameplay functions.

Which implementation would you like to see?
New "injection of talent/recruits" during RS2
Add a "create/edit your own player" feature
Add a new world
Create a temporary world for a short number of seasons "Race to DI title"
Create a "Champions League" world where a certain number of title is required to join but rewards are better
3/26/2024 12:40 PM
Hi jholthus,

There are two problems with this poll.

1. The “Other” field is not a text box. It requires a number value greater than 1 to submit. I would like to submit my vote for eliminating baseline prestige and that is impossible with this poll.
2. I don’t want to see any of these changes, but I cannot submit the poll if I do not choose one of the options and there is no option to select none of the above.

Best,

Spiro
3/26/2024 1:32 PM
I'll cast another vote for "none of the above" here
3/26/2024 6:45 PM
None of the above

Adding a new world makes no sense when most worlds are already 75-80% sims. Do we want to dilute the ratio of human to sims even more?
3/26/2024 7:29 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
The "other" response currently seems to be expecting only a number.
3/26/2024 7:48 PM
It wouldn’t let me put my own in the ‘add your own’. But I would like to not be able to see the top 100 prospects in DII and DIII. Would be much easier to scout if I didn’t have to go through the top 100 guys first.
3/26/2024 8:46 PM
Really poor poll. Doesn't give me much faith that the development team has a good handle on what the community wants. Not that I could easily specify them since the other box is only asking for numbers. Not interested in any of the others without more info.
"New "injection of talents/recruits" during RS2. " Are you going to increase the number of total recruits or just making some only recruitable in RS2? Are they going to be HS and Juco or just one or the other? Will these be viewable and scoutable upon recruit generation? If not, will more scouting budget be given between RS1 and RS2 to scout these players? I could go through all 5 like this but you get the point. Conducting detailed chats to flesh these ideas out more will get you a lot better results. As is, this reads like a middle schooler made the poll. That's unsurprising based on how limited interaction has been with the user base for years. An attempt to do something is a step in the right direction but this is too far off to even approach being useful.
3/26/2024 8:53 PM
In addition to #1, I sitemailed jholtaus to add the following requests to my poll given the Other field did not seem to like text.

6. role player improvement for all divisions
-and-
7. a hidden gem feature where some player skills suddenly are realized to be better than initially projected like in HBD
3/27/2024 3:03 AM
Posted by hockey1984 on 3/26/2024 8:46:00 PM (view original):
It wouldn’t let me put my own in the ‘add your own’. But I would like to not be able to see the top 100 prospects in DII and DIII. Would be much easier to scout if I didn’t have to go through the top 100 guys first.
pretty sure that's the point of seeing the top 100.

if you want to scout D1 on a D2/D3 budget, you gotta pay the piper. it's a good feature imo, bc it shouldn't be easy for D3 teams to recruit D1.
3/27/2024 8:05 AM
Posted by cwaldenj on 3/27/2024 3:03:00 AM (view original):
In addition to #1, I sitemailed jholtaus to add the following requests to my poll given the Other field did not seem to like text.

6. role player improvement for all divisions
-and-
7. a hidden gem feature where some player skills suddenly are realized to be better than initially projected like in HBD
DITR makes sense for HBD bc draft picks outside of round 1 would be worthless without it. It gives you incentive to care about the later rounds and micromanaging your farm system.

In HD, if somebody needs a surprise boost to be good, you shouldn't be recruiting him in the first place. It would add extra variance for no reason.
3/27/2024 8:10 AM
I give CS credit for trying but none of these options excite me. It seems like any hope of serious updates to the code are dead. The two around the edges updates Ive always pushed for to help D1 are:

1. Introduce the firing plan at D1
?2. Make promises be honored after the first season

The first one is needed to get more churn at the top schools. We hashed out a plan that really made sense and then it was scraped. I know that was a revenue protection thought, but I think if more people had access to high prestige teams, it would actually help world populations.

The second is necessary because all of the A+ teams offer minutes and starts to every player and then bench them in the tournament and then in future seasons. Its a talent hording strategy that could be easily negated.
3/27/2024 9:53 AM
This is a terrible, terrible poll. Since I couldn't use the text field to share my opinions ("value greater than 1") I simply abandoned the poll.

1. New "injection of talents/recruits" during RS2... I do not see the point. That's not the issue with recruiting. The issue is the quality and disbursement of recruits across the 3 divisions and the sniping from D2/3 upwards. There's no point to a D3 pool when the a) talent sucks and b) sniping upwards is so incredibly easy. That puts (more) pressure on the D2/D1 recruits to be good...and they're not. The sniping also causes issues at D2/3 where the same teams fielding D1 talent every year just steamroll everything. It's incredibly boring. Strive for better parity within the divisions, make sniping up a high-risk, high-reward proposition. Lower the recruit quality gap so that coaching matters.

2. Add a "create/edit your own player" feature? Absolutely not. Then you'll have to police names, etc. And once I start seeing "Joe Lickmynuts" on someone's team I'm ******* out of here. This is a TERRIBLE idea.

3. Add a new world. Are you high right now? That's ABSOLUTELY INSANE. You should be looking at 2 worlds, RIGHT NOW, to sunset. Give the coaches on those worlds 4 free seasons on their account and state that in 4 seasons, those worlds will close. Make the rest of those seasons on that world free (so coaches can play out). Those coaches can take their 4 free seasons to a new world and essentially start a rebuild for free. You need to be populating worlds, not thinning them out even further.

4. Create a temporary world to "Race to D1 title"...again, no. Why? What's the point? Why spend money on a team you can't keep? This makes no idea. In fact, this question (and poll) really shakes my faith that the WIS staff understands why people play this game.

5. Create a "Champions League" w/ better rewards. Also a terrible idea. So let the elite coaches play on their own elite server with their own elite rewards. No. Just, no.

I can't believe this is the best that WIS could come up with. First, sunset worlds and consolidate the playerbase. Fix a few bugs. Add some QoL items we've been asking forever. Iterate and make better, that's ALL you need to do. The stuff on this poll doesn't make the game better at all.
3/27/2024 11:05 AM
12 Next ▸
Site Update HD Poll Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.