Rd2, League 3 Draft (Expos*, Royals*) - DONE Topic

Nice card, pedro. Nice story, redcped.
4/9/2024 8:25 PM
Nice story indeed.

I was covering the Memorial Cup (Canadian Hockey League championship) as a journalist in 2008. I was covering my hometown Kitchener Rangers, who were hosting the tournament. I was in the media room for lunch before a game and two guys sat at the table next to me. I was reading my notes and didn’t look up. After a few minutes of them talking, one guy’s voice sounded really familiar. I look over and George Brett is sitting right next to me. He was an owner of the Spokane Chiefs, the team that won the Memorial Cup that year.
4/9/2024 8:57 PM
2023 Bobby Witt Jr.
4/9/2024 8:57 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 4/9/2024 8:57:00 PM (view original):
Nice story indeed.

I was covering the Memorial Cup (Canadian Hockey League championship) as a journalist in 2008. I was covering my hometown Kitchener Rangers, who were hosting the tournament. I was in the media room for lunch before a game and two guys sat at the table next to me. I was reading my notes and didn’t look up. After a few minutes of them talking, one guy’s voice sounded really familiar. I look over and George Brett is sitting right next to me. He was an owner of the Spokane Chiefs, the team that won the Memorial Cup that year.
Very cool. The Brett family owned the team I covered too! The High Desert Mavericks (RIP). His brother Bobby ran the business. George didn’t come out a single time in the four years I was there. But I did attempt to interview him once by phone. I got Bobby instead.
4/9/2024 9:04 PM
2018 whit merrifield
4/9/2024 11:21 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9
Rd2, League 3 Draft (Expos*, Royals*) - DONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.