3 2023 Pro Teams - Scout and Then Draft Topic

Well...here I come once again to the Progressive League Classifieds with hat in hand...

Whether you're an experienced progressive league owner or someone looking to gain progressive league experience, the Big League now has 3 teams available for the 2023 season - check out the rosters below...

The Big League is one of the oldest progressives in existence (started by seaphil in December 2004)

We don't start until May of the following season so owners can do some early season "scouting" about how players may perform in the coming season...

By taking a 2023 team, you're getting the opportunity to play WIS much like a fantasy team...the draft will be challenging since unlike most progressives, there is a relatively short track record on which to base your selection - in other words, you're drafting much more - as in real life - on what you think a player might do in the future than on what you know he will do

The league plays on an annual basis so you get to watch "your" players (if they) play for you in the real season to build up the numbers you will be using in the WIS season

League rules include a requirement of 40 wins by Game 162 to qualify for 1 of the top for picks in Round 1

there is a lottery held among the bottom four qualifying teams to determine first pick in Round 1 in the regular draft

draft order is determined by the Game 162 standings

There is a supplemental AAA draft of real life players - where you can pick up to 5 position players and up to 5 pitchers - they are eligible to be kept for future seasons

there is a maximum of 25 keepers with 1 draft pick for each less than 25 keepers

Players without a current season, but with a future season, may be placed on the IR...no limit on number of players who may be on the IR

DH in both leagues

No WW

If you have any questions about the league, please sitemail me

If you would like to claim a team, just post your claim and/or sitemail me

Thanks for looking....
4/27/2024 9:55 AM (edited)
2023 Los Angeles Dodgers – plays at Dodger Stadium - 30 potential keepers – maximum of 25 - 1 draft pick for each less than 25 -

C – Willson Contreras, Joey Bart

1B – Josh Naylor, Derick Hall

2B –

3B – Patrick Widsom, Jarren Duran

SS – Ha-Seong Kim

OF – J.D.Martinez, Anthony Santander, Taylor Ward,Michael Brantley, Myles Straw, Garrett Mitchell, Alex Thomas, Kerry Carpenter

DH – Justin Turner

Ps – Sonny Gray, Nathan Eovaldi, Carlos Rodon, Max Fried, Dakota Hudson, David Bednar, Bailey Ober, Robert Suarez, Josh Hader, Pablo Lopez, Cole Irvin, Jordan Hicks, Luis Severino, Johan Oviedo

I/R – Gavin Lux 2B, Oneil Cruz SS

Trades – None

Los Angeles has 14th pick in the 2023 draft
4/9/2024 3:52 PM
2023 Texas Rangers – play at Globe Life Field - 29 potential keepers – maximum of 25 - 1 draft pick for each less than 25 - CLAIMED by yates33

C – Tyler Stephenson, Gary Sanchez, Franciso Mejia

1B – Jose Abreu, Rhys Hoskins

2B – Brendan Rodgers

3B – Josh Jung, Ryan McMahon,

SS – Wander Franco, Thairo Estrada, Nick Allen

OF – Adolis Garica, Teoscar Hernandez, Brandon Nimmo, Nick Gordon, Micky Moniak,

DH –

Ps – Zac Gallen, Julio Urias, Blake Snell, Jordan Lyles, Seth Lugo, Jhoan Duran, Evan Phillips, Alex Vesia, Domingo German, Adam Wainwright, Edward Cabrera, Matthew Boyd, Tyler Rogers

I/R – Rhys Hoskins 1B, Matt Bush P, Garrett Crochet P, Robbie Ray P, Shane Baz P

Trades – None

Texas has 15th pick in the 2023 draft
4/17/2024 7:26 PM (edited)
2023 Baltimore Orioles – play at Camden Yards - 31 potential keepers – maximum of 25 - 1 draft pick for each less than 25

C – Alejando Kirk, Jonah Heim

1B – Garrett Cooper

2B – Brandon Drury, Christopher Morel, Kolten Wong

3B –

SS – C.J. Abrams, Vaughn Grissom

OF – Mike Trout, Lane Thomas, Ian Happ, Jesus Sanchez, Isiah Kiner-Falefa, Leody Taveras, Chris Taylor, Manuel Margot

DH – Daniel Vogelbach

Ps – Spencer Strider, Shane McClanahan, Christian Javier, Kenta Maeda, Nick Pivetta, Emmanuel Clase, Collin McHugh, Tanner Houck, Griffin Jax, Bryce Elder, Yusei Kikuchi, Kyle Nelson. Joe Mantiply, Sam Hentges

I/R – Jazz Chisholm OF, Tommy Milone P, Jeffrey Springs P, Dylan Lee P, Wil Crowe P,

Trades – None

Baltimore has 19th pick in the 2023 draft

2023 Cleveland Guadians – play at Progressive Field - 33 potential keepers – maximum of 25 - 1 draft pick for each less than 25

C – Matt Thaiss

1B – Spencer Torkelson, Ryan Mountcastle, Yuli Gurriel

2B – Michael Massey

3B – Rafael Devers, Alex Bregman, D.J. LeMahieu

SS – Bo Bichette

OF – Daulton Varsho, Seiya Suzuki, Andrew Benintendi, Steven Kwan, T.J. Friedl, Bryan De La Cruz, Tyler O'Neill, Juan Yepez, Nate Eaton

DH –

Ps – Zach Wheeler, Cal Quantrill, Devin Williams, J.P. Sears, Lance Lynn, Seranthony Dominguez, Colin Holderman, Hector Neris, Michael Kopech, Tyler Matzek, Drew Smith, Steven Wilson, Ryne Stanek, Taylor Rogers, Keegan Thompson

I/R – German Marquez P, Keegan Akin P

Trades – None

Cleveland has 13th pick in the 2023 draft
4/27/2024 9:54 AM (edited)
I will try the Rangers if that's ok
4/17/2024 12:50 PM
Posted by yates33 on 4/17/2024 12:50:00 PM (view original):
I will try the Rangers if that's ok
sent you a sitemail
4/17/2024 7:21 PM
3 2023 Pro Teams - Scout and Then Draft Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.