anyone use dime anymore? Topic

My 3-4 Wayne State team in Stagg got smoked in the playoffs by a shotgun team....giving up 800 yards passing.....my D is pretty good but I was helpless regardless......anyone know if dime is worth it these days? Even if for a 3rd down option?
4/14/2024 1:30 PM
if i had someone in my conference fairly formidable who ran a shotty all pass and who needed to be beat by me fairly often

i would run a dime as a secondary defense

but if you are also gettin your *** kicked by the wishbone run fairly and fairly

then you got your work cut out

4/14/2024 2:58 PM
Only when I flip a coin
4/15/2024 3:37 PM
Ahh yes... The Shotgun offense dilemma... it's a beautiful thing...
4/15/2024 4:47 PM
cats, cant believe you got shut down by a 4-3....wtf did I do wrong?? LOL Good luck next season bro
4/15/2024 6:36 PM
Posted by raginirish on 4/15/2024 6:36:00 PM (view original):
cats, cant believe you got shut down by a 4-3....wtf did I do wrong?? LOL Good luck next season bro
I agree. Soupy’s squad was really good. They stopped me cold. I tried “conserving clock” to fatigue his defense, but that backfired. Oh well…back to the drawing board!

maybe next time I will run 100% using shotgun just to confuse people…but that will probably be a disaster
4/15/2024 8:05 PM
I am not sure you really get much of a bonus for defensive formation tbh. If everything works off averages and formations probably only do the most on fitting your best average to your recruiting style. Nickel seems to do fine against shotgun when I have played but you dont get nearly enough benefit playing nickel against ND or WB it seems even when they throw 100% imo
4/16/2024 11:22 AM
anyone use dime anymore? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.