Yost: no post-gm change in attributes, form IQ Topic

Just played an exhibition game in Yost, and there was no change in players’ attributes or formation IQ — even among redshirt freshmen, who typically gain 2-3 points of FIQ after the first game.
Anyone else experiencing this?
4/18/2024 11:26 AM
I thought its usually the second game in my experience? Its likely cycled after 3:06 EST time tho too I would expect
4/18/2024 11:51 AM
I noticed that as well, you always see some IQ progress after the first game but not this season for whatever reason.
4/18/2024 5:21 PM
I was told by WIS that if any one exhibition game in the world fails to run, then it prevents any growth for any players in that world. I don't think that's an acceptable answer, but that's the answer I was given.
4/19/2024 2:09 AM
That would make sense why there were straight zeros across the board for formation IQ changes.
then after the second game, they were up 3, 4 and in some cases 5 points! Lol
4/19/2024 3:21 AM
Jordan at WIS confirmed that there was a missed game in the Yost. Unfortunately, there's no remedy.

"We don't have don't have a fix for this issue unfortunately. It is something that is on the agenda to be corrected once the currently being worked on updates are complete."

So, we correctly ID'd the problem -- hopefully it'll get solved at some point.
4/19/2024 1:48 PM
Why was there a missed game? What's up with that?
4/19/2024 6:10 PM
I think there is more at play here than just failed exhibition games. I think WIS has done something to tamp down player growth from exhibition games.

I recently returned to GD after taking a year off and there is noticeably less growth now than there was back in 2022. Back then, I would start my new freshmen in two exhibition games and they would all get more growth in those two exhibition games than they do now. I’m talking like 1-2 points in work ethic and 2-4 points in most of the other traits. I was keenly aware of their growth in just the two exhibition games because I was trying to maximize their growth, especially in work ethic, before I applied their redshirts.

Now, growth is significantly reduced compared to a couple years ago. For example: Over the past two days in Yost, I started my freshman QB in two exhibition games. He threw 67 passes for 734 yards and 10 TDs. He got the two green checkmarks for “starts.” I expected him to grow by 1-2 points in work ethic and 2-4 points in most of the other traits. Instead, he grew only 1 point in work ethic and that’s all - no growth at all in any of the other traits.

WIS (Jordan) told me that if there was any growth at all, then that was an indicator that the growth engine worked and there weren’t any failed games causing the growth engine to fail. OK, so where is all the growth that we used to see a couple years ago?

https://www.whatifsports.com/gd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?pid=17440560
4/20/2024 12:35 PM (edited)
This next bit is pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if WIS is doing something to tamp down player growth in exhibition games because SIMs don't schedule exhibition games. Growth in exhibition games is one way that human-coached teams begin to separate from SIM-coached teams. As the number of human-coached teams dwindles, more and more of our games are played versus SIM-coached teams. I wonder whether WIS is tweaking things to try to make SIM-coached teams more competitive, which in turn makes our games against SIMs more competitive and more interesting. If that's what they're doing, OK, but just say so.
4/20/2024 11:59 AM
For at least a year now I've been using the Exhibitions as a way to dramatically increase FIQ because of this
4/20/2024 12:11 PM
Posted by Armchair on 4/20/2024 11:59:00 AM (view original):
This next bit is pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if WIS is doing something to tamp down player growth in exhibition games because SIMs don't schedule exhibition games. Growth in exhibition games is one way that human-coached teams begin to separate from SIM-coached teams. As the number of human-coached teams dwindles, more and more of our games are played versus SIM-coached teams. I wonder whether WIS is tweaking things to try to make SIM-coached teams more competitive, which in turn makes our games against SIMs more competitive and more interesting. If that's what they're doing, OK, but just say so.
The simple solution would be to automatically schedule exhibition games for every team.
4/20/2024 12:51 PM
Yost: no post-gm change in attributes, form IQ Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.