Final count - 831 International Free Agents that I saw based on $20M in my International Scouting budget.
5/16/2024 11:24 PM
Curious how many of them you thought should receive $10M signing bonsuses.
5/17/2024 9:54 AM
On the other side of the spectrum..... I am in a couple worlds where in recent seasons we have had more teams with $20M int scouting budget than there were ML quality Int FAs. When you have 12-14 teams with $20M Int budget and the world only sees a total of 9-10 Int FAs who have a chance to make the majors, there are usually a couple teams that end up with a large chunk of prospect budget unused.

I am not saying every team should be able to sign a ML quality Int FA every season but being stuck with $19M unused prospect money like I was last season in one of my worlds really sucks. A slight bump in the number of ML quality Int FAs a world sees each season would be nice.
5/18/2024 5:17 PM
Posted by dyoungquist on 5/18/2024 5:17:00 PM (view original):
On the other side of the spectrum..... I am in a couple worlds where in recent seasons we have had more teams with $20M int scouting budget than there were ML quality Int FAs. When you have 12-14 teams with $20M Int budget and the world only sees a total of 9-10 Int FAs who have a chance to make the majors, there are usually a couple teams that end up with a large chunk of prospect budget unused.

I am not saying every team should be able to sign a ML quality Int FA every season but being stuck with $19M unused prospect money like I was last season in one of my worlds really sucks. A slight bump in the number of ML quality Int FAs a world sees each season would be nice.
I would actually love it if this was a new normal. It allows teams to play with different strategies and an influx of talent isn't a bad thing. It's the unexpected one off massive anomaly that's annoying.
5/24/2024 11:31 AM
I have always thought the IFA pool is a bit sparse as it is. Would be nice if there were 1 or 2 more high impact guys and then a half dozen more solid ML contributors.
5/26/2024 3:01 PM
My guess as to the projected OVR rating of the latest IFA prospect to show up - 39. Turned out to be 41 (with $20M budget). It is sad when they are predictably bad. Why even waste our time with prospects so bad that nobody will sign them?
5/26/2024 11:40 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.