HD Firings (take 2) Topic

Posted by fd343ny on 9/11/2021 7:22:00 AM (view original):
watch out or listing for Michigan will be simply "the school up north"!
“Chris Webber Played Here U”
9/13/2021 9:17 AM
Posted by shoe3 on 9/13/2021 9:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by fd343ny on 9/11/2021 7:22:00 AM (view original):
watch out or listing for Michigan will be simply "the school up north"!
“Chris Webber Played Here U”
My fav of them all!
9/13/2021 10:47 AM
whoa nellie, time out please
9/14/2021 10:10 PM
My dirty a$$ is getting fired
9/15/2021 1:29 PM
Whats up with this? further news?
9/20/2021 8:26 AM
Folks may have talked about this before, but I I think it’s really vital that if and when you go through with this, to make sure there is a mechanism to alert coaches when they are on “the hot seat”. Most users don’t follow the forums, and we can’t assume everyone knows about this change. Of those who do, many will be unaware of where exactly their team is on the tier list.

Once the decision has been made to implement, every coach who has a school on “the list” should get an email from the fake AD detailing the expectations. And every coach who is a season away from being fired should get an email explaining what will need to happen in the upcoming season to keep the job.
9/20/2021 10:35 AM
Posted by shoe3 on 9/20/2021 10:35:00 AM (view original):
Folks may have talked about this before, but I I think it’s really vital that if and when you go through with this, to make sure there is a mechanism to alert coaches when they are on “the hot seat”. Most users don’t follow the forums, and we can’t assume everyone knows about this change. Of those who do, many will be unaware of where exactly their team is on the tier list.

Once the decision has been made to implement, every coach who has a school on “the list” should get an email from the fake AD detailing the expectations. And every coach who is a season away from being fired should get an email explaining what will need to happen in the upcoming season to keep the job.
agree 100%
9/20/2021 1:54 PM
Confirmed launch date on this yet?
10/12/2021 4:19 AM
I wonder if they're going to wait until all of the code is updated, which might take awhile. Any major changes they make now will need to be rewritten so it's duplicate work. That said, I have no idea how hard this will be to implement and if it would be difficult to code twice.
10/12/2021 2:23 PM
Posted by mlitney on 10/12/2021 2:23:00 PM (view original):
I wonder if they're going to wait until all of the code is updated, which might take awhile. Any major changes they make now will need to be rewritten so it's duplicate work. That said, I have no idea how hard this will be to implement and if it would be difficult to code twice.
Understood. But if I remember correctly, the original launch was set for November/December-ish. If that is still accurate, a notice or an announcement of some sort would be ideal, all things considered
10/12/2021 9:27 PM
That's true. We don't really need a specific date yet, but it would be nice to know if the general timeline has changed or not.
10/15/2021 11:37 AM
We have it implemented and are testing in our QA environment now. Because these changes follow the automation schedule of a world, unfortunately you can't just drop code and see instant feedback and feel comfortable sending it to production. We have to let a world in QA finish its natural progression and make sure warning messages are sent out, firings happen, and other rulesets are followed in correct schedule etc. The testing should be completed within the coming weeks, then (pending any alterations) will be ready for production. But again we would want to provide you at least a season as warning. So depending what world has started, but furthest from completion will dictate when full logic will be pushed to production. Given the aforementioned details, November is unlikely target. Late Dec/January is much more likely to go into effect. I don't want to make formal announcement before testing is complete as timeline could theoretically change if there are issues.
10/15/2021 11:58 AM
Posted by Ccobb12 on 10/15/2021 11:58:00 AM (view original):
We have it implemented and are testing in our QA environment now. Because these changes follow the automation schedule of a world, unfortunately you can't just drop code and see instant feedback and feel comfortable sending it to production. We have to let a world in QA finish its natural progression and make sure warning messages are sent out, firings happen, and other rulesets are followed in correct schedule etc. The testing should be completed within the coming weeks, then (pending any alterations) will be ready for production. But again we would want to provide you at least a season as warning. So depending what world has started, but furthest from completion will dictate when full logic will be pushed to production. Given the aforementioned details, November is unlikely target. Late Dec/January is much more likely to go into effect. I don't want to make formal announcement before testing is complete as timeline could theoretically change if there are issues.
Completely understood and thanks for the update. It goes a long way around here.
10/15/2021 1:40 PM
bump, if only cuz my Phelan Friars are in perpetual PIT mode.

Once in place, the clock starts from Season One i am guessing?
11/9/2021 4:26 AM
Posted by npb7768 on 11/9/2021 4:26:00 AM (view original):
bump, if only cuz my Phelan Friars are in perpetual PIT mode.

Once in place, the clock starts from Season One i am guessing?
the way it was described to us, no. when firings come out, people might get fired that very job change. i mean, i think the expectation is, they will. that is the reason for the advance notice which is this thread. unless by 'season one' you mean the original season 1 in each world, and then i guess, yes? but either way, firings will start happening right away, first job change.

however i still haven't seen a CC post or admin sitemail blast, which REALLY would be a good idea to do before these things go out. i said it somewhere else in this thread, i think, but the CC is a really under-utilized communication scheme from admins. they put BS about openings there every season but something like 'hey in 6 months firings are going to start and they will be retroactive because the game just makes us do it that way', seems infinitely more valuable.
11/9/2021 4:42 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...11 Next ▸
HD Firings (take 2) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.