WIS Plus - V1.0.5 - Browser Extension Topic

Hi there. Just wanted to share a Chrome browser extension I created to help me quickly visualize how a recruit could look maxed out according to his potential. It's completely free for anyone who would also like to use it. It only has a couple features right now, but I might develop the extension further if enough people find it useful. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Instructions:
1. Download from the Google Web Store or Firefox Add-ons.
2. Accept/enable it.
3. Plugin works in the background so you shouldn't have to do anything after that.

Features:
1. Adds a rating toggle button to a level 4 scouted recruit's profile so that you can toggle what his max ratings would look like.
2. Ability to set values for how much to add for different potential levels (low, very low, average, high, very high).
3. Adds toggle on a team's rating profile to remove walk-ons from the team averages.

Notes:
This will only work with recruits scouted to level 4. It ignores work ethic so you still have to determine if that player will ever hit his max. It is purely cosmetic and doesn't interfere with any other aspects of WIS. Having said that, if you experience any odd behavior, disable the extension and it will not run anymore.

Known Issues:
In some instances, particularly if you open a player window before scouting to level 4 then scout to level 4, green attributes might show as blue after turning off the max toggle. The workaround is to either close the player profile and reopen, or click settings first then the max toggle to reset the player attributes.

Version History:

Removed reliance on browser cookies to store extension settings.
Extension added to Firefox.

Added toggle to remove walk-ons from team ratings page.

Fixed compatibility with Chrome Version 71.0.3

Fixed error when clicking extension icon

Fixed buttons showing up on recruits tabs not related to rating
Changed text for "Moderate" to "Average"
Renamed extension WIS Plus

Official Release

This extension will always be free and I don't plan to ever have any sort of pro version. However, if you find the extension useful, feel free to donate a couple bucks. You can do so using PayPal.

I am not affiliated with whatifsports.com or sportshub. Just a fan who hasn't got burnt out yet on bad beats by sim ai.
12/29/2021 12:29 PM (edited)
Awesome extension Basketts. Thanks! Check your paypal.
10/11/2018 3:32 PM
You are too kind, sir! Thank you very much and glad you enjoy it.
10/11/2018 3:44 PM
Really good and useful stuff, thanks man.
10/11/2018 4:16 PM
This is awesome! thanks for making this!
10/12/2018 9:17 AM
fantastic
10/12/2018 4:00 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Thanks pallas! Way too kind. Glad you all are finding a use for it.
10/13/2018 3:20 PM
Pin that thread somewhere so I can check this out.h
10/13/2018 3:43 PM
Haven't had a chance to get on the desktop yet. But this looks amazing. Nice work
10/13/2018 4:50 PM
This is really cool!
10/13/2018 6:55 PM
I open up a player page and click on the extension and see

Your file was not found

It may have been moved or deleted.

ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
10/14/2018 9:56 AM
Posted by pnedwek on 10/14/2018 9:56:00 AM (view original):
I open up a player page and click on the extension and see

Your file was not found

It may have been moved or deleted.

ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
I think that's how it works. I was getting that also and thought it didn't work, just go to a recruit and it should say "max toggle" and "settings" on the right side.
10/14/2018 10:06 AM
kev that did it. This rocks - I am happy to donate a bit even if its 70 % accurate. You should do one for weather forecasting and strike fear in to every meterologist on the planet
10/14/2018 10:23 AM
Nice catch. As kevoda pointed out, it runs in the background when you hit the wis page so you don't need to click the extension. I'll throw up a popup though so that it doesn't spit that error out and confuse people.
10/14/2018 10:49 AM
123456 Next ▸
WIS Plus - V1.0.5 - Browser Extension Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.