Is WAR a stat? Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 9/8/2016 12:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/8/2016 11:16:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/8/2016 10:43:00 AM (view original):
I'll do the exact same thing I did before you reported me last time. I asked you to admit you didn't read the law you ripped as THE MOST RACIST!!! PIECE OF **** LAW EVER ON THE BOOKS and I'd leave you alone the next day. The next day the thread disappears and I get a warning because you reported me.

So, today, just post the full screen shot and I'll leave you alone. Or, conversely, admit you thought you had a clever plan to get out of admitting you're a crybaby and you botched it. Either way, do one or the other, and I'll drop it.

Otherwise, everyone recognizes that you're a crybaby, a liar, a dumbass and the Argue Monkey.
Are you literally a crazy person?

I posted the sitemail from admin that confirmed you're a liar. You never got a sitemail from admin about this.

If I'm the one lying, instead of throwing a fit and demanding that I post more proof of your lie, you could post your sitemail.
You didn't post the question that brought the "response" from ADMIN. Why? A screen shot is a screen shot. You edited it out or, more appropriately, it never existed. Quit being a ***** and post the entire "ticket", you dullard.
What? Did you forget to take your meds?

Go away, liar.
9/8/2016 12:36 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/8/2016 12:09:00 PM (view original):
And why do the both of you always caps lock admin?
Had you ever received any correspondence from ADMIN, you'd know it's always all caps.

Know how I know? I got a warning, initiated from a ticket sent by you, from ADMIN recently.
Know why you don't? You've never gotten a ticket from ADMIN.
9/8/2016 12:37 PM
But you don't have to write it in caps. It's not like that's a rule.
9/8/2016 12:39 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 9/8/2016 12:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/8/2016 11:39:00 AM (view original):
Also, it's funny that you said this:

"WAR numbers are almost identical, but they don't really reflect reality."

And then said this:

"I'm not arguing what WAR reflects."
Is that more or less funny than yesterday when you sent a ticket crying to ADMIN that somebody in the forums accused you of sending a ticket crying to ADMIN?

Because that was pretty goddamned funny.
?

Really?

Still trying to defend that liar?
I'm not defending anything or anybody. How you get that from this post defies logic.

I was just asking a question, which I assume you're dodging. Because that's what you do, Deflection Monkey.
9/8/2016 12:43 PM
Posted by sjpoker on 9/8/2016 12:29:00 PM (view original):
The problem is you put too much faith in WAR. Whenever there seems to be a discussion about this player or that player the first thing we see from BL is 'WAR'. WAR is imperfect enough at determining who good a player performed. It doesn't tell us how good the player actually is at any particular moment. Or the player's role on any one team. Add to that it doesn't take into account things that are tough to measure like game situations, timing, etc.

If a stat is imperfect at determining performance, how can it really accurately determine ability or future production? It can't. WAR as a one-stop-shop of who is better than who is... meh.

WAR, ************!!!!!
9/8/2016 12:44 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/8/2016 12:35:00 PM (view original):
The problem is you put too much faith in WAR. Whenever there seems to be a discussion about this player or that player the first thing we see from BL is 'WAR'. WAR is imperfect enough at determining who good a player performed. It doesn't tell us how good the player actually is at any particular moment. Or the player's role on any one team. Add to that it doesn't take into account things that are tough to measure like game situations, timing, etc.

If a stat is imperfect at determining performance, how can it really accurately determine ability or future production? It can't. WAR as a one-stop-shop of who is better than who is... meh.

No stat tells you:

how good the player is at any given moment
the player's role on any one team
game situations
ability or future performance

And what stat is perfect at determining performance?
Yup, so your arguments about who is better than who based primarily on WAR are flawed at best. When you throw WAR in our faces (among other exotic stats) you often take the stance that your arguments are irrefutable. I suspect his is because you know most of us won't really spend the time to dig into whether your argument is valid, because we really have little interest in finding out how these exotic stats really work. When you - do - in fact get challenged, you resort to deflection, misdirection, hyperfocusing on the minutia, or anger.

I know you disagree with those statements. So if any of the others would like to come to your defense, I welcome them to do so.
Posted by bad_luck on 9/7/2016 4:01:00 PM (view original):
Holy ****, you're a ******* liar.

This.
Posted by sjpoker on 9/8/2016 12:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/8/2016 12:35:00 PM (view original):

No stat tells you:

how good the player is at any given moment
the player's role on any one team
game situations
ability or future performance

And what stat is perfect at determining performance?
Yup, so your arguments about who is better than who based primarily on WAR are flawed at best. When you throw WAR in our faces (among other exotic stats) you often take the stance that your arguments are irrefutable. I suspect his is because you know most of us won't really spend the time to dig into whether your argument is valid, because we really have little interest in finding out how these exotic stats really work. When you - do - in fact get challenged, you resort to deflection, misdirection, hyperfocusing on the minutia, or anger.

I know you disagree with those statements. So if any of the others would like to come to your defense, I welcome them to do so.
Arguments about who is better than who rely on stats because that's all we really have. Past production.

Other than WAR, most of the time I use triple slash or OPS+. Pretty basic stats that everyone here understands.
9/8/2016 12:46 PM
"I don't have to watch the games. I have the stats."
9/8/2016 12:47 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/8/2016 12:44:00 PM (view original):

This.
You know how I know this is bullshit?

Because you refuse to post the question.

You know why?

You used your other username to report me and send this "ticket". You don't want anyone to know your other username.
9/8/2016 12:56 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/8/2016 12:37:00 PM (view original):
And why do the both of you always caps lock admin?
Had you ever received any correspondence from ADMIN, you'd know it's always all caps.

Know how I know? I got a warning, initiated from a ticket sent by you, from ADMIN recently.
Know why you don't? You've never gotten a ticket from ADMIN.
This.
9/8/2016 12:56 PM
Can you both go away? You're getting tedious.
9/8/2016 12:57 PM
No but you can, you ******* moron.

Why read the thread if it pains you so?
9/8/2016 1:00 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/8/2016 12:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/8/2016 12:44:00 PM (view original):

This.
You know how I know this is bullshit?

Because you refuse to post the question.

You know why?

You used your other username to report me and send this "ticket". You don't want anyone to know your other username.
jrd_x?
9/8/2016 1:05 PM
Yep!!! I bet that's it!!!!
9/8/2016 1:07 PM
◂ Prev 1...16|17|18|19|20...24 Next ▸
Is WAR a stat? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.