Tim McCarver Topic

Id rather Buck than McCarver.  Hate announcers who use the maximum amount of words possible to make a point.
10/26/2012 4:27 PM
Fans at the SF game 1 were chanting Barry because Zito was pitching great.

Joe Buck says the crowd is used to chanting Barry.

McCarver retorts yeh because of Barry Manilow.

Buck counters NO, Barry Bonds.

Tim cannot say a word for a couple of minutes because he is laughing at his own idiotness.
10/27/2012 12:36 PM
Posted by winner77 on 10/26/2012 2:23:00 PM (view original):
How does an announcer that is so universally criticized end up doing world series after world series?  FOX is either not doing their research on this, or his popularity stems from his ineptitude.

A much less-likable Phil Rizzuto

Off topic a bit and a different sport but how does Brent Musberger keep end up doing prime college footaball games? 
10/28/2012 12:06 PM
HE HAS ALOT OF MONEY RIDING ON THOSE GAMES

BIG COMPULSIVE GAMBLER
10/28/2012 12:16 PM
Kiner, Rizzuto, Morgan, McCarver ... I find this constant criticism tiresome. Do you all believe that you could do the job better? The job is to talk, and talk a lot. It's not as easy as it looks.
10/28/2012 1:32 PM
It's not a question of if WE could do it better (though I think many on this site could); it's a question of whether ANYONE can do it better. And there are clearly announcers out there who can do a better job.

Thankfully up in Canada, we occasionally get the MLB Network broadcasts with Gary Thorne and Rick Sutcliffe. So much better.

10/28/2012 1:45 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/28/2012 1:46:00 PM (view original):
It's not a question of if WE could do it better (though I think many on this site could); it's a question of whether ANYONE can do it better. And there are clearly announcers out there who can do a better job.

Thankfully up in Canada, we occasionally get the MLB Network broadcasts with Gary Thorne and Rick Sutcliffe. So much better.

Agreed. Buck and McCarver are a  joke to listen to and are, very literally, 2 of the absolute WORST broadcasters in the game today. McCarver somehow manages to make Jim Price (Tigers radio) look like Mel friggin' Allen. And as Artie Lange told Buck..."You're not your Dad".......LOL!!! Anyone remember Buck's show (I think it was on HBO) and on the first episode he had on Artie Lange as a guest and Artie acted like a complete dick to Buck the whole show. Epic tv trainwreck from my memory.
10/28/2012 10:49 PM

LANGE(NO JACKIE)WAS  HIGH ON HORSE

10/29/2012 5:09 AM
◂ Prev 12345
Tim McCarver Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.