EXCITING ROYALS NEWS RIGHT NOW NOW NOW!!! Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
There is a trade going on and we are arguing over cheating. Yow.
12/19/2013 7:39 AM
Posted by The Taint on 12/19/2013 1:28:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/19/2013 1:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 12/19/2013 12:57:00 AM (view original):
So legal stimulants are ok, even though they are performance enhancing as well? Performance enhancing in your eyes.
There are legal supplements that aid in muscle building. They are legal but steroids aren't. The rules may be arbitrary but they are the rules.

The way I see it, if you get caught breaking them you have to deal with whatever the agreed upon punishment is. But that doesn't disqualify you from the Hall of Fame or prevent you from being considered an all time great.
The legal supplements don't improve eyesight as HGH does or reflexes as steroids do.
I don't think any study has shown that HGH does anything for a healthy young person:  http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletters/Harvard_Mens_Health_Watch/2010/May/growth-hormone-athletic-performance-and-aging

Banned stimulants do increase focus, energy, and endurance.
12/19/2013 7:08 PM
Do stimulants, such as amphetamines, physically transform the human body like steroids and other kinds of PED's can?
12/19/2013 7:50 PM
You certainly don't believe that adding muscle is the only way to illegally enhance performance, do you?
12/19/2013 7:55 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/19/2013 7:08:00 PM (view original):
So legal stimulants are ok, even though they are performance enhancing as well? Performance enhancing in your eyes.
There are legal supplements that aid in muscle building. They are legal but steroids aren't. The rules may be arbitrary but they are the rules.

The way I see it, if you get caught breaking them you have to deal with whatever the agreed upon punishment is. But that doesn't disqualify you from the Hall of Fame or prevent you from being considered an all time great.
The legal supplements don't improve eyesight as HGH does or reflexes as steroids do.
I don't think any study has shown that HGH does anything for a healthy young person:  http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletters/Harvard_Mens_Health_Watch/2010/May/growth-hormone-athletic-performance-and-aging

I can pull up a zillion articles that shows it does. Just google it.
12/19/2013 7:56 PM
Posted by The Taint on 12/19/2013 7:56:00 PM (view original):

I'm guessing they aren't peer reviewed studies on healthy people in the same age group as professional athletes.
12/19/2013 7:58 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 12/19/2013 2:59:00 AM (view original):

And caffeine SUBSTANTIALLY (IE, far larger effect than steroids) DECREASES reflex rates.  If reflexes were all that important in sports (surprisingly, they aren't; for most aspects of the game, subconscious reaction times are the deciding factor) then caffeine would be a significant detriment to baseball performance.  And yet you've been harping for 2 pages on how caffeine isn't different from amphetamines.  Something doesn't add up...
Right, I contend that amphetamines and caffeine are pretty much the same and that when taken regularly, amphetamines are a detriment to an athlete. I've been saying if baseball contends that all stimulants are PED's.....as mister bad luck says they do, caffeine would be banned as it's a stimulant.
12/19/2013 8:02 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/19/2013 7:58:00 PM (view original):

I'm guessing they aren't peer reviewed studies on healthy people in the same age group as professional athletes.
I see nothing about eyesight in you peer reviewed paper. Look it up
12/19/2013 8:07 PM
Caffeine is a legal stimulant so it isn't banned. And yes, players use a TON of caffeine because it also enhances performance, just to a lesser degree than amphetamines.

If you read the drug agreement you'll see that drugs like weed and heroin are grouped separately as drugs of abuse. Major league players aren't tested for them unless there is probable cause. Amphetamines, on the other hand, are not in that group and players are tested for them in the same way that they are tested for steroids--everyone in spring and then some players randomly throughout the season.
12/19/2013 8:09 PM
Posted by The Taint on 12/19/2013 8:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/19/2013 7:58:00 PM (view original):

I see nothing about eyesight in you peer reviewed paper. Look it up
I'm not alleging that HGH has any affect on eyesight.
12/19/2013 8:10 PM
I am
12/19/2013 8:10 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/19/2013 8:09:00 PM (view original):
Caffeine is a legal stimulant so it isn't banned. And yes, players use a TON of caffeine because it also enhances performance, just to a lesser degree than amphetamines.

If you read the drug agreement you'll see that drugs like weed and heroin are grouped separately as drugs of abuse. Major league players aren't tested for them unless there is probable cause. Amphetamines, on the other hand, are not in that group and players are tested for them in the same way that they are tested for steroids--everyone in spring and then some players randomly throughout the season.
Have you ever taken amphetamines on a regular basis?
12/19/2013 8:11 PM
Earlier you said all stimulants were banned. You admit you were wrong about that?
12/19/2013 8:13 PM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17|18|19...33 Next ▸
EXCITING ROYALS NEWS RIGHT NOW NOW NOW!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.