Gold Glover Jeter, Best SS Evah!!!, robbed of MVP Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 11/23/2010 6:24:00 PM (view original):
Maybe this will help burnsy.   As I understand it, David Wright is the man for the Mets.   Santana is a the ace, Reyes is probably the most talented but, by and large, Wright is the "fan's guy".   Now imagine, and this might be tough, the Mets winning 5 of the next 10 WS with Wright as the leader.  Players come and go but he's the constant.   Then, as his career fades, the Mets say "Thanks, here's an offer that will let you retire as Met.  Take it or leave it."   I just can't imagine that sitting well with the Mets fanbase.
Maybe you should keep your Met comparisions to yourself.  " As I understand it, David Wright is the man for the Mets"???  As you understand it???  At least you're consistant.

To come:  " Dont follow the B league",  "Don't follow AAA players"  Same old bullshi! that makes him so endearing.
11/23/2010 6:31 PM
Posted by timeprime71 on 11/23/2010 6:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/23/2010 6:24:00 PM (view original):
Maybe this will help burnsy.   As I understand it, David Wright is the man for the Mets.   Santana is a the ace, Reyes is probably the most talented but, by and large, Wright is the "fan's guy".   Now imagine, and this might be tough, the Mets winning 5 of the next 10 WS with Wright as the leader.  Players come and go but he's the constant.   Then, as his career fades, the Mets say "Thanks, here's an offer that will let you retire as Met.  Take it or leave it."   I just can't imagine that sitting well with the Mets fanbase.
Maybe you should keep your Met comparisions to yourself.  " As I understand it, David Wright is the man for the Mets"???  As you understand it???  At least you're consistant.

To come:  " Dont follow the B league",  "Don't follow AAA players"  Same old bullshi! that makes him so endearing.
I didn't see his comment as malicious. Besides the "and this might be tough."  But I can roll with it.
11/23/2010 6:36 PM
timeprime has to turn into internet tough guy at some point.    Little man, big talk.   He'll soon be telling us he has to go play big pot poker but he'll be here all night.   The world isn't a jockey locker room.   You're nothing but a loudmouth once you leave the track, dumbass.

But, back to your question, burnsy, winning changes a lot of things.   If the Yanks hardball Jeter and win games without him(and there's no reason to think they wouldn't), the wounds heal a lot faster.  If they miss the playoffs without Jeter, the front office will be the dumbest that every existed and George's boys will have ruined the old man's team.   That's just the way it is.

11/23/2010 6:49 PM
And, for the record, I really am just assuming Wright is the Mets most popular player.   I've been told it's Reyes by a few people which was largely refuted by Wright backers.  Nothing malicious was meant by it.  But, TP is TP and everything is eventually an assault on his mother's virtue.  

So, TP, I'll redline you the rest of the way.  When you become irrational, you stay that way.  Don't need it.
11/23/2010 6:53 PM
I don't get the condescending-ness with that comment.
11/23/2010 6:55 PM
yankee fan waving his big dick at a met fan. nothing new.

11/23/2010 6:57 PM
Haha I really saw nothing wrong with anything he said. I believe him when he says he doesn't know who the "fan favorite" is...he's not from NY and is not a Mets fan. Why would he know? Personally I'm a fan of Reyes over Wright.
11/23/2010 7:01 PM
Exactly.
11/23/2010 7:02 PM
Dumb monkey. From 6:53:  So, TP, I'll redline you the rest of the way.  When you become irrational, you stay that way.  Don't need it.
11/23/2010 7:06 PM
Here, let's play a game.  As a NL fan, who is the Angels' fans favorite player?    They are the most similar to the Mets in the AL(80 wins).    TP, if you're nice, you can answer and I won't redline you.
11/23/2010 7:12 PM
I am a huge Yankees fan, and expect that they will agree to terms with Jeter soon.

But I don't understand the argument that he wouldn't fit anywhere else. Imagine you are the GM of the Tigers. You've got no SS, you think you are close to having a contender, you've got a bunch of young players and few proven leaders. You wouldn't pay Jeter to come over and fill those stands as he gets his 3000th hit?

Not for five years, of course, but for two or three years, he has to have other suitors ... basically, any contender with season tickets to sell and a hole at SS.
11/23/2010 8:58 PM
Why go to Detroit for the same amount of years and, undoubtedly, less money?
11/23/2010 9:52 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/23/2010 7:12:00 PM (view original):
Here, let's play a game.  As a NL fan, who is the Angels' fans favorite player?    They are the most similar to the Mets in the AL(80 wins).    TP, if you're nice, you can answer and I won't redline you.
I guess, since no one responded, that the notion of a Yankee fan who admittedly doesn't follow the National League very much wouldn't know the Mets favorite player isn't so crazy after all.   Sure, you can't miss a Pujols or a Halladay or even a crazyass Zambrano if you're an AL guy but it's easy to overlook an assuming, quiet guy who puts up very good numbers for a non-contender.
11/24/2010 10:21 AM
Has Derek Jeter said anything ever that would make somebody believe he'd play anywhere else?
11/24/2010 10:58 AM
No.    I think it's a gimme that he won't unless the Yanks just plain spit on him.
11/24/2010 11:04 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...31 Next ▸
Gold Glover Jeter, Best SS Evah!!!, robbed of MVP Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.