Francona = scapegoat Topic

I played on a men's softball team where we'd drink between games of a doubleheader...we'd always lose the second game- I would bet major league baseball is even more difficult to play when ****-faced. I wouldn't recommend it.
9/30/2011 8:35 PM
holy smokes, it sounds from this like Ego is going to somehow keep his job.....so he can bring in more of his type of guy

Francona said: "What worried me was that these players just didn't have each others back"

that's a pretty damning comment about a 'team'.....
9/30/2011 8:35 PM
Posted by Feamster on 9/30/2011 8:35:00 PM (view original):
I played on a men's softball team where we'd drink between games of a doubleheader...we'd always lose the second game- I would bet major league baseball is even more difficult to play when ****-faced. I wouldn't recommend it.
They don't play a lot of doubleheaders in MLB.  And I doubt guys pitching in game 2 of the rare doubleheader were getting *********.

But I think the point is that 20-21 players are playing as a team and 2-4 are pounding beers during during the game.

Somebody, player or manager, has to stop that. 
9/30/2011 8:42 PM
yeah, to be clear...there is nothing to indicate that anyone actually playing in games was doing any drinking

the issue is not being around to support your teammates
9/30/2011 8:44 PM
25 guys, 25 cabs is back in vogue in Boston.........Ego's dream has come true
9/30/2011 8:46 PM

beers during a game?

I want names and photos otherwise it's bullshyt rumors.

9/30/2011 8:49 PM
More than likely the ownership has leaked these rumors so they look good in firing Tito.

Henry, Epstein, and Lucchino are the 3 biggest turds in MLB.  Even McCourt and Steinbrenner are not as bad.
9/30/2011 9:42 PM
DONT FORGET THE WILTAMPONS
9/30/2011 10:14 PM
"stories coming out of guys like Lester, Beckett, and Lackey getting plastered in the clubhouse during games"

Isn't LaRussa's contract up?...
9/30/2011 11:37 PM
if they wanted to look good in firing Tito, they never would have spoken in public........the grease coming off of Larry could ignite a fire, Werner just seems like a dishonest wussy that would go with whatever the people in power told him to go with, and my thoughts on Ego are fairly well documented......

10/1/2011 12:00 AM
10/1/2011 9:44 AM
Tito wasn't the problem, look how bad his guys played. I mean the attitude in that locker room the last month was awful it was almost like they expected to lose, and what about Lackey getting all butthurt about someone sending him a text before the game, DUDE you're a professional baseball player grow up.
10/2/2011 8:31 PM
well, a coach that loses control of his clubhouse is a pretty serious issue....

however, if they think that just changing managers is going to fix the problems going on, they are sadly mistaken....this could be a long term repair
10/3/2011 12:04 AM
Lackey is why Tito got canned.  He has a ****-poor attitude.  Rolling his eyes and flailing his arms when a player makes a bad play while he's pitching.  Crying about text msg's.  Dude is a complete f*cking hack.  Trade him for a pack of skittles and a used condom. 
10/3/2011 8:39 AM
Lackey is just the most outwardly easy to identify douchebag....it's looking more and more like the King Turd of the Clubhouse is Josh Beckett

with Lester, Youk, and Ortiz also providing Tito with plenty of pain in the keyster behind closed doors as well
10/3/2011 10:37 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Francona = scapegoat Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.