2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

Chris Davis is a beast. He has 50 HR potential if he can develop a consistent plate approach for a full season. I couldn't believe this is only the 6th time in their history the O's have had multiple 30 HR guys.

Reynolds has also morphed into a GG first baseman. I wish he'd hit enough to justify keeping him around.
9/29/2012 8:35 PM (edited)
Why is it umps will appeal to first at the request of a catcher on a ball call, but they won't let a hitter request an appeal on a check swing strike? That Jones "swing" was not even close. Purely a reputation call by the homeplate ump.
9/29/2012 9:29 PM
Baltimore's defense has been phenomenal of late and the team seems to be peaking at the best time. Pretty good situation for the O's, especially if they can win tomorrow - the Yanks finishing the season against the Sux, including Lester and Buttholz, with a chance to knock the Spanks out of the division lead.
9/29/2012 9:55 PM
Well, Machado's only made 5 errors, but a couple have been very costly. As one of his minor league coaches said, most of his errors are caused by taking plays off here and there, not having his head in the game. That was a routine grounder he booted - and right after Longoria made two great plays at third in the top of the inning.
10/1/2012 9:12 PM
What a performance by Gonzalez. Shields goes the distance, allowing 1 run and striking out 15, and Miguel bested him for 6.2 great innings. Davis continues his tear, tying the O's record with a HR in 6 straight games. What a gutsy performance all around.
10/2/2012 9:39 PM
Tillman announced as tomorrow's starter, which I really don't like. Sure, you can still catch the Yankees, but even if you do, that leaves Joe Saunders to start the divisional tiebreaker, or the WC game if that's where they end up. And if Saunders starts a tiebreaker and loses, the O's have no one of any substance to pitch the WC game, unless they use Hammel there. I'd much rather see someone like Arrieta get the start tomorrow. After the Red Sox blew a gift tonight, I really can't see them winning tomorrow.
10/2/2012 11:30 PM
I think Hammel is the WC starter regardless of who else is available.
10/3/2012 12:49 AM
LET'S GO SAWX!!!

I feel so dirty...
10/3/2012 5:46 PM
Buck said today Hammel will NOT pitch Friday, leaving Saunders. Makes zero sense to me, as the team said Hammel would have been available to start the ALDS Game 1 on Saturday if they won the division. How you can sit with him on the bench with your team in a do or die game is beyond me.

Despite how the O's have played this season, I'm not optimistic. The AL West (Seattle aside) has been their kryptonite for years, and Saunders throwing in Arlington does not fill me with comfort. The only good news is that Texas is reeling, so hopefully Baltimore can pounce before the Rangers get mad and get back on their feet.
10/3/2012 9:20 PM
I hope BAL beats the Rangers like 15-0 in the play-in game.
10/3/2012 9:29 PM
I feel like it'll be an ironic loss for the O's - 1-run in extra innings.
10/3/2012 9:30 PM
It's gonna be brutal for fans of whichever team loses.

O's: Go from a chance of winning the division in improbable fashion, to being completely knocked out of everything, in the span of 2-3 days..
TEX: Lead division all season, get pwn3d by the A's on the last day of the year, then get knocked out of everything--all in 2-3 days.

Suicide rates among baseball fans may see a sharp peak in early October 2012.
10/3/2012 9:35 PM
As best I can tell from a quick scan of his game logs, Joe Saunders is 0-6 in six career starts in Arlington, and the numbers are ugly. He had two pretty good starts he lost, but was absolutely shelled in the rest. I really hope Buck changes his mind.
10/3/2012 10:03 PM
Yeah, dude manages you on an unbelieveable playoff run and some fucknut in Canada questions his 1-game decision. 
10/4/2012 7:53 AM
You going to tell me you'd start a guy in a do-or-die game who has been destroyed in his career at that ballpark? Especially when you have other options? It would be like Girardi starting Nova in a wildcard game right now. Yankee fans would have his head.
10/4/2012 8:14 AM
◂ Prev 1...17|18|19|20|21...75 Next ▸
2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.