BRAUN JUICING AGAIN Topic

I realize that, but as far as I know, time in the minors counts towards a suspension. So I was simply questioning if, like the DL, it can be retroactive.
7/23/2013 12:14 AM
I'm pretty sure suspended players can't play in the minors.
7/23/2013 8:29 AM
Anyway, back to BL's retarded question, yes, word has it that MLB has more on A-Rod than Braun.   The Yankees don't need the circus(and I assume A-Roid would like to avoid the BL lights during the process) so I'm pretty sure the "quad injury" doesn't exist.
7/23/2013 8:33 AM

I imagine the Yankees are begging to get ARod banned for life, so they don't have to pay him.  They're probably doing their own investigation, and giving that evidence to MLB.

7/23/2013 9:10 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/23/2013 8:29:00 AM (view original):
I'm pretty sure suspended players can't play in the minors.
They can - but only at the tail end of it as a "rehab" assignment before they are eligible to return.
7/23/2013 9:29 AM
Did Manny, Melky or Colon play in the minors during their suspensions?
7/23/2013 9:30 AM
Posted by jonas1102 on 7/23/2013 9:10:00 AM (view original):

I imagine the Yankees are begging to get ARod banned for life, so they don't have to pay him.  They're probably doing their own investigation, and giving that evidence to MLB.

I have no doubt they are angling to get A-Rod banned.   Way too much money for way too little production and too much drama. 
7/23/2013 9:31 AM
how can a guy on the DL be "suspended"?  he already can't play....he should have to come back and prove he can play before he gets whacked.....

suspending an injured player is like a get out of jail free card....
7/23/2013 9:35 AM
You get paid on the DL.  You don't when suspended.
7/23/2013 9:36 AM
that has pretty much nothing to do with what I said
7/23/2013 9:42 AM
Posted by edsortails on 7/23/2013 9:35:00 AM (view original):
how can a guy on the DL be "suspended"?  he already can't play....he should have to come back and prove he can play before he gets whacked.....

Players on the DL can be suspended, you don't have to come back first. If Arod had known the evidence against him earlier, it would have been smart for him to try a make a deal so that he could have served the suspension, or at least a large chunk of it, while he was on the DL.

Part of the reason that Braun took a deal this year is that his salary is only $10 million. The suspension costs him about $3.5 million. Had he fought it and been suspended next year, it would have cost him twice as much to be suspended the same amount of games.
7/23/2013 9:45 AM
I'm not confused as to the rules, I am making a statement.......I don't believe that time spend not being able to play anyways should count towards a suspension
7/23/2013 9:55 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/23/2013 9:45:00 AM (view original):
Posted by edsortails on 7/23/2013 9:35:00 AM (view original):

Players on the DL can be suspended, you don't have to come back first. If Arod had known the evidence against him earlier, it would have been smart for him to try a make a deal so that he could have served the suspension, or at least a large chunk of it, while he was on the DL.

Part of the reason that Braun took a deal this year is that his salary is only $10 million. The suspension costs him about $3.5 million. Had he fought it and been suspended next year, it would have cost him twice as much to be suspended the same amount of games.
and probably because his team is going nowhere and because there'll be a whole summer in between him being seen in a ballpark again
7/23/2013 9:58 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/23/2013 9:30:00 AM (view original):
Did Manny, Melky or Colon play in the minors during their suspensions?
No idea, but I do know that Carlos Ruiz did a 4 game "rehab" assignment in the minors before he came back this season, and he came back on the day he was eligible to return.  He spent the rest of his time at extended spring training. 

To be clear - we agree - you can't just go play in the minors throughout your suspension, but evidently there is some length of time right before the suspension ends in which you are allowed to do so in order to get some playing time in before you are eligible to return.
7/23/2013 10:25 AM
That's right. Manny played a handful of minor league games near the end of his suspension. It's allowed for a short period right at the end of the suspension.
7/23/2013 10:31 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
BRAUN JUICING AGAIN Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.