ANOTHER SKANKEE CHEATER Topic

ASK A-ROD
8/22/2012 8:30 PM
NO!
8/22/2012 8:45 PM
Who knew testosterone added fat?
8/23/2012 9:32 AM
Colon used a special testosterone/Big Mac mixture.
8/23/2012 9:40 AM
But isn't the issue that these drugs are illegal by like Federal standards?
I don't think Congress gives a rat's *** about players breaking the given rules of a private organization.
8/23/2012 1:23 PM
I think you're way wrong.    Congressmen like to be on the TV especially in election years. 

If the Fed legality of drugs was the real issue, would a player be suspended for 50 games if he tested positive for cocaine?   The answer is "no".   I think it's a 15 day suspension, max, for the first offense.

And what substance is a bigger problem in the US?  
8/23/2012 1:57 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/22/2012 8:09:00 PM (view original):
Is framing a pitch cheating?   Pretending you caught a short hop?  Stealing a sign?
I would not consider any of those things cheating.  Maybe if you lie about it to the ump, and I'm not saying guys don't, but I would never voluntarily hand a call to the other team.  And how would sign-stealing be construed as cheating?
8/23/2012 2:15 PM
If you hold your hand up like you caught it on the fly, you're lying if you know you didn't.     If you try to sneak your glove in a couple of inches to steal a strike, you're lying.

Are teams allowed to put players in the CF stands with a set of binoculars?   Do players get hit when the other team thinks they're stealing signs?
8/23/2012 3:07 PM
Was Lance Armstrong formerly a Yankee?
8/23/2012 10:10 PM
Well, it depends on what you consider cheating.

Tommy John surgery cheating?
Contact lenses cheating?
Personal cook cheating?
Batting cage in the backyard cheating?

All of those are "outside help" to make a player better.  
Is framing a pitch cheating?   Pretending you caught a short hop?  Stealing a sign?

No to all of the above, because they are not against the rules. 
8/23/2012 11:00 PM
dont bother.  you wont reform the *****. 
8/23/2012 11:51 PM
Posted by pinotfan on 8/23/2012 11:00:00 PM (view original):
Well, it depends on what you consider cheating.

Tommy John surgery cheating?
Contact lenses cheating?
Personal cook cheating?
Batting cage in the backyard cheating?

All of those are "outside help" to make a player better.  

No to all of the above, because they are not against the rules. 
So, if there isn't a specific rule in place, it's not cheating?
8/24/2012 8:15 AM

YES

8/24/2012 8:38 AM
When yo do something nobody has done before, it's pushing the envelope; a governing body then decides whetherr that action should be allowed.  In a way, PEDs are no different than batting gloves in that at one point in time nobody used them, then someone did and (allegedly) got an advantage.  At that point neither one was considered cheating (as long as the PEDs being used were not improperly used controlled substances under the law).  The Lord High Poobahs of baseball lookad at batting gloves and said aye; they looked at PEDs and said nay.  At that point, using PEDs became cheating.
8/24/2012 12:52 PM
So, really, you allow the Lord High Poobahs of baseball to determine cheating for you.   OK, fair enough. 
8/24/2012 1:47 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
ANOTHER SKANKEE CHEATER Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.