Ichiro >>>>>>>>>>>> Weiters Topic

And good call on the ump for staying in position.

Greatest RS ever?
10/8/2012 9:00 PM
I hereby nominate Ichrio into the "Tag" Hall of Fame. 
10/8/2012 9:01 PM
Right after the great play by Andino
10/8/2012 9:06 PM
Yeah, that had to be deflating to the O's.   Two on, no out. 1 on, two out.  Dead meat at the plate, run scored.  Wide range of up/down.
10/8/2012 9:15 PM

This is what's funny.  A-Roid hit the ball very squarely.   Pretty much all a hitter can do.  And I, along with a million other Yankee fans, thought "******* A-Rod" after Andino make a great play simply because it's a double play.

10/8/2012 9:17 PM
Now Hardy stops at 3rd.  The score should be 3-0.
10/8/2012 9:58 PM
Were the "bullshit" chants going through the crowd audible on tv after that Ichiro call? Apparently Angel doesn't think baseline rules apply at home plate. Ichiro went five feet around Wieters
10/9/2012 1:24 AM
Ichiro was merely demonstrating the superior body control of a Japanese ballplayer
10/9/2012 1:43 AM
wow,,,Wieters really f'd up. Should have protected the plate with the second attempt, rather than go for Ichiro. Eventually Ichiro has to try and tag the plate. Glad the O's pulled it out!
10/9/2012 4:03 AM
Ichiro would have been a great Kibaddi player if he had been born in India or Pakistan.
10/9/2012 4:04 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/9/2012 1:25:00 AM (view original):
Were the "bullshit" chants going through the crowd audible on tv after that Ichiro call? Apparently Angel doesn't think baseline rules apply at home plate. Ichiro went five feet around Wieters
I asked an ump.   Seems there is a lot of leeway at home plate.   Pretty much "in the dirt, still in play". 
10/9/2012 9:10 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/9/2012 9:10:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/9/2012 1:25:00 AM (view original):
I asked an ump.   Seems there is a lot of leeway at home plate.   Pretty much "in the dirt, still in play". 
I think I've heard that once you're in the circle around home, that's considered the baseline.  I could be wrong.
10/9/2012 9:15 AM
Even without a home plate "exception", I still don't think it would be a terrible call.  The baseline in that situation isn't the literal baseline, the runner's baseline is established as the path he's on as the tag attempt is made - Ichiro was coming in wide to begin with when Weiters tried to make the tag, he didn't go that far from the path he was already taking.  Might have outside of 3 feet, but not by a lot.  It looks worse because he also ran past the plate.

seamar is right though - it's a moot point if Wieters doesn't give Ichiro the opening by going after him on the 2nd attempt.
10/9/2012 9:27 AM
IIIIIIIIIIIIIICHIRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10/12/2012 6:53 PM
Ichiro >>>>>>>>>>>> Weiters Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.