A-Rod: Satan? Topic

It's pretty simple.  There's a ridiculous amount of evidence that ARod took steroids, so he won't deny it.  But it's probably very difficult to prove he threw other players under the bus.

I also don't see the benefit of doing that.  I think I may actually believe him in this case.  What's the motive?

8/17/2013 4:53 PM
The "I wasn't the only one!!" reason.

I have no idea if he did, one of his peeps did it independently or if MLB is just trying to smear him a bit before the appeal.    But, without question, it's something he'd definitely deny for the reason I listed. 
8/17/2013 6:29 PM
Now crybaby Gayrod's having his lawyers tell the press that the Skanks purposefully hid an MRI result that showed damage last year, that mlb/Skanks are conspiring to end his career, etc.

WAAAHHHHH WAAAAAHHHHH

I wish somebody would just kick his ******* *** already. Christ, what an *******.
8/17/2013 10:59 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/17/2013 6:29:00 PM (view original):
The "I wasn't the only one!!" reason.

I have no idea if he did, one of his peeps did it independently or if MLB is just trying to smear him a bit before the appeal.    But, without question, it's something he'd definitely deny for the reason I listed. 
Obviously he wasn't the only one.  It wasn't like MLB knew nothing about anyone else until ARod told them.
8/17/2013 11:09 PM
Obviously ARod's thought process isn't normal. 
8/18/2013 6:34 AM
F***ing Brian O'Nora. It takes a special person to make me defend ARod and the Skankees. If that's anyone but ARod at the plate and a pitcher takes four shots at someone, he's gone, no question. O'Nora should have tossed Dempster there. ARod gets hit and Dempster's gone - both teams get what they deserved. But to toss Girardi on top of that is ridiculous.
8/18/2013 8:49 PM
Wish they tossed Dempster.
8/19/2013 7:47 AM
Wallace Matthews of ESPN said it well:

"Now it can be revealed: There is a vast, baseball-wide conspiracy against Alex Rodriguez, and it includes the commissioner of baseball, the front office of the New York Yankees and players like Ryan Dempster. They are conspiring, however improbably, to turn A-Rod into a sympathetic figure, and however unwittingly -- at least in the case of Dempster and whoever else takes it into his own hands to mete out the punishment that baseball's collective bargaining agreement has deferred -- to bring the Yankees together at just the wrong time for the rest of the American League."

Some of these idiots are actually going to start turning ARod into something of a martyr.
8/19/2013 8:51 AM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 8/19/2013 7:47:00 AM (view original):
into a Dumpster?
8/19/2013 8:58 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by sergei91 on 8/19/2013 8:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by 05nomar05 on 8/19/2013 7:47:00 AM (view original):
into a Dumpster?
Yes.
8/19/2013 9:25 AM
Posted by antoncresten on 8/19/2013 9:00:00 AM (view original):
HIS SALAD
Got sirgay's attention!!
8/19/2013 9:26 AM
ARod's legal team will not allow him to become a sympathetic figure. 
8/19/2013 1:00 PM
Love him or hate him, that 450+ foot bomb Alex hit off Dempster was pretty freakin' awesome.
8/19/2013 3:16 PM
I don't support Rodriguez at all in this because I am certain he did something to cheat, but I think his lawyers will do a helluva job in making Boesch out to be a total liar and a bum.  I mean, if ALL the evidence they have is coming from Boesch, they can definitely poke a lot of holes into the case MLB has against Rodriguez.

I don't see his suspension getting overturned by any means, but I can see a 50-100 game suspension instead of 214. 

8/19/2013 3:19 PM
◂ Prev 1...28|29|30|31|32...48 Next ▸
A-Rod: Satan? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.