MLB13 THE SHOW Topic

got it last night. started road to the show. it's pretty much the same as last year. as far as the game goes there are some new animations and stuff. they sim the game you're playing but show the action ala mlb.com (the bases are in the middle of the screen and there are dots to indicate baserunners, lines to show hits and outs along with box score descriptions of each play). then when it's your turn you play your part. it's more interesting than the old way when you only came up to bat or field and you have no idea why the score is so drastically different than it was during your last play. anybody else get it? play it more to find more cool/different stuff?

3/6/2013 7:34 AM
I bought last year's game. If this one is a lot like it, I'll probably save the $60.

Road to the show is my favorite part, but hitting is damn near impossible. Making it as a no power middle infielder is next to impossible.
3/6/2013 1:23 PM
that's why i go as a power hitting, iron gloved middle infielder. all that matters is you produce. the easiest way to produce is by hitting homers
3/6/2013 1:37 PM
Posted by sergei91 on 3/6/2013 1:37:00 PM (view original):
that's why i go as a power hitting, iron gloved middle infielder. all that matters is you produce. the easiest way to produce is by hitting homers
Yep.
3/6/2013 2:34 PM
Yeah, hitting has been too hard throughout the series.  They just don't give enough clues on the pitch, harder to read than hitting real pitching in many ways.
3/6/2013 8:01 PM
If they still have Advancement goals at the ML level, I'll pass this year. 
3/7/2013 4:53 PM
Posted by ramonshaw on 3/7/2013 4:53:00 PM (view original):
If they still have Advancement goals at the ML level, I'll pass this year. 
Okay, 20 minutes later I'm downloading it. I'm such a sucker.
3/7/2013 6:46 PM
I prefer power hitting 3B. Sometimes I'll play as a catcher if I'm really bored.
3/8/2013 8:27 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 3/6/2013 8:01:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, hitting has been too hard throughout the series.  They just don't give enough clues on the pitch, harder to read than hitting real pitching in many ways.
Agreed. Another thing that bothers me is walks do not seem to be realistic. Far too many pitchers (including those that come in with horrible simulated stat lines for the season), just start magically pumping strikes whenever they get into a 3-ball count.
3/9/2013 11:43 AM
True on that. Of course I've never been one to wait on a pitch, I swing at just about everything. But if I say to myself "I won't swing until I get at least one strike" - 3-0 counts becomes 3-2 counts followed by the nastiest slider I've ever seen. 
3/9/2013 1:29 PM
i actually haven't been playing the **** out of it since it is pretty much the same as last year (and i havent been promoted to aaa yet), but the advancement goals are more relaxed nowadays from what i've seen. it's mostly about increasing your ratings in categories and not much 'hit this high in this amount of time' type of crap. i assume they figure people got ****** that they failed the goals because they struck out too much even tho they produced enough to improve the categories asked of them.
3/11/2013 8:53 AM
I haven't gotten to the pro's yet but do they still have advancement goals at that level? I think if you get benched, or demoted it should be on stats alone - the ML level anyway. 
3/12/2013 2:03 AM
i assume they'll always have goals. once you turn pro it'll be more the 'maintain your ------ rating'. whereas when you're in the minors it's 'increase your ------- rating'. i found that playing the game over the years you can fail 2 cycles of goals in a row as long as you pass the third. it gives you a clean slate.
3/12/2013 8:16 AM
MLB13 THE SHOW Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.