PEDs vs. Body Armour Topic

This is a debate I'd like to see had more often. What do PEDs do? Help guys recover faster - they do not improve your game at all. Is it an edge? For sure. But as much of an edge as some of these guys wearing armour? The league should ban all arm braces/protection unless someone has a certified injury. Guys can cut the strike zone in half without any fear of being hit. In the old days, you could brush a guy back and he'd have to respect it. Now pitchers can barely control the inner half because if they get too close, a guy will just nonchalantly sick his elbow out and take the HBP. To me, that's a far greater advantage and closer to "cheating" than PEDs are.
6/14/2013 10:04 PM
HGH improves your game.
6/14/2013 10:09 PM
Much agree on the body armour-seems after Barry they made em tone it down some
6/15/2013 8:25 AM
I think that giant arm pad contributed way more to Barry's 73 than 'roids did. He cut his strike zone in half. It was either a walk or a bomb almost every AB.
6/15/2013 4:58 PM
Ban surgery.   Back in the day, if you blew out an elbow, you were done.  Now, you can come back stronger.

Or just get over the PED thing. 
6/15/2013 5:11 PM
That's my point. I'm not necessarily advocating for PEDs, but it's hypocritical to ignore all the other artificial advantages players take.
6/15/2013 5:24 PM
I understand your point.

I'm the only one who does.

What did Roberts have?  Some laser eye surgery or some **** a few years back?   That didn't exist when Musial played.   How the hell are you supposed to compare generations, which is what the "traditionalists" ***** about, when we've made so many gains in medicine/nutritrion?
6/15/2013 5:46 PM
I'd be all for making things like HGH legal. There are certain things that enhance performance without any negative health effects, so if you make them accessible to everyone, problem solved.
6/15/2013 6:24 PM
HGH is not so good for your heart...
6/15/2013 7:08 PM

BEANS ARE!

6/15/2013 8:31 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 6/15/2013 4:58:00 PM (view original):
I think that giant arm pad contributed way more to Barry's 73 than 'roids did. He cut his strike zone in half. It was either a walk or a bomb almost every AB.
The HGH contributed more than roids and/or the body armor.....combined.
6/15/2013 9:19 PM
PEDs vs. Body Armour Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.