REMDOG'S KID DONE KILT HISSELF A BROAD!!!!!!!!!!!! Topic

WALTHAM, Mass. -- The son of longtime Boston Red Sox broadcaster Jerry Remy was arrested on a murder charge in the fatal stabbing of his girlfriend, hours after he was released from custody in an assault case against her.

Jared Remy was scheduled to be arraigned Friday in the death of Jennifer Martel, 27, at a Waltham apartment complex Thursday night, Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan said.

Remy was released on personal recognizance Wednesday in an open assault and battery case in which Martel was the alleged victim, Ryan said. The there was no active restraining order against him, she said.

Police went to the Windsor Village apartment just west of Boston just before 10 p.m. Thursday in response to multiple 911 calls, Ryan said, and found Martel in an outside patio area with multiple stab wounds.

Jared Remy was arrested at the scene. It's unclear if he has an attorney.

He suffered an unspecified injury that wasn't self-inflicted, authorities said. He was taken to a hospital and released to await arraignment, officials said.

Martel's child in the apartment was unhurt and is now in the custody of state child welfare officials. It was unclear if Remy was the father, Ryan said.

Jerry Remy is a former Red Sox second baseman who has been a color analyst on team broadcasts on the New England Sports Network since 1988. He has struggled with health problems in recent years.

Jared Remy is a former Red Sox security staffer who was fired by the team in 2008 during a steroid investigation.

Calls to NESN and the Red Sox were not immediately returned.

8/16/2013 10:38 AM
8/16/2013 10:39 AM

Looks like she cut him on his right arm.    And maybe popped him in his left eye.

FREE REMDOG'S KID!!!!!

8/16/2013 11:46 AM
Roid rage!  From top to bottom in the Red Sux organization.  What a shocker.
8/16/2013 1:31 PM

Court docs show lengthy rap sheet for Jared Remy

Posted: Aug 16, 2013 11:01 AM EST Updated: Aug 16, 2013 12:50 PM EST

BOSTON (MyFoxBoston.com) – Court documents show that Jared Remy has an extensive arrest record going back 15 years.

Remy, the son of Red Sox broadcaster Jerry Remy, was arrested in connection with the stabbing death of Jennifer Martel in Waltham on Thursday.

On Tuesday, he was charged with assault and battery after Martel reported that he had slammed her head into a bathroom mirror during an argument. Remy was released on his own recognizance.

Waltham District Court documents show Remy has had 15 criminal complaints since 1998. The accusations range from assault and battery with a dangerous weapon to possession of a hypodermic needle. Four of the assault and battery complaints involved women.

Records also show two restraining orders had been taken out against Remy.

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/23156145/court-docs-show-lengthy-rap-sheet-for-jared-remy#ixzz2c9fPg5Ue

8/16/2013 1:40 PM
SQWSD
8/16/2013 2:46 PM
REMY IS A HORRIBLE PERSON

THE SON TOO
8/16/2013 4:31 PM
for some reason, eck is commentating tonight instead of remy
8/16/2013 8:23 PM
Posted by sergei91 on 8/16/2013 8:23:00 PM (view original):
for some reason, eck is commentating tonight instead of remy
Yeah, he's probably not coming back this season I'd imagine
8/17/2013 3:47 PM
Remy is a schill.  Nearly unwatchable.  Eck is better by far.  I love when he drops the f bomb.
8/18/2013 12:33 AM
"My thoughts and prayers go out to Jenn Martel and her family. Words cannot describe my wife's and my grief," said the Red Sox broadcaster. "Son or not, I am at a loss for words in articulating my disgust and remorse over this senseless and tragic act."
8/18/2013 12:45 AM
Remy is unwatchable. 
8/18/2013 6:30 AM
Its funny though, when he is on another station, he actually talks very educated about the Sox and avoids being Mr Homer.  He did a good job during the playoffs a few years ago on TBS.  But, on NESN, he is a different creature.

With all that being said, it must suck having your kid be a reject
8/18/2013 9:01 AM
As a broadcaster, only a ninny would say he is not the epitome of fair and balanced.
8/18/2013 1:13 PM
Posted by bottomlee on 8/18/2013 9:01:00 AM (view original):
Its funny though, when he is on another station, he actually talks very educated about the Sox and avoids being Mr Homer.  He did a good job during the playoffs a few years ago on TBS.  But, on NESN, he is a different creature.

With all that being said, it must suck having your kid be a reject
bad parenting
8/19/2013 8:57 AM
123 Next ▸
REMDOG'S KID DONE KILT HISSELF A BROAD!!!!!!!!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.