Derek Jeter's Last Stand Topic

Posted by burnsy483 on 3/25/2014 4:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/25/2014 4:12:00 PM (view original):
Here's a question.  Have you or your hero ever been hit in the face with a groundball?
Chin, yes.  I don't know who my "hero" is, so I don't know.

I've also never had a situation where a ball hit that hard at me, while playing as close to the batter as Miggy was, hit the ground in such a way where it came directly at my eye.  So it's irrelevant.
Would you like to know why you were hit in the chin with a ball?   Because they were saggy!!!!!

Because, when it took a bad hop, you're natural reaction was to move your ******* face out of the way.   Survival instinct.  Ball coming at your face, you see it, you can't catch it, you can't get out of the way so you naturally choose the only available option:   Lift your head up to avoid getting hit in the face.   People naturally avoid getting hit in the face if they can. 
3/25/2014 4:22 PM
Here's a question.  Have you or your hero ever been hit in the face with a groundball?
Sort of. I was in center and a base hit two hopped and caught a piece of grab grass while I was charging it. It cut me right on my cheek bone but didn't break anything.

But I've played plenty of third and short and seen plenty of bad hops. I've never, in over 20 years of playing high level baseball, taken an infield grounder to the face.

Do you know what that means relative Cabrera getting hit in the face?

Jack ****.
3/25/2014 4:22 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/25/2014 4:22:00 PM (view original):

I've also never had a situation where a ball hit that hard at me, while playing as close to the batter as Miggy was, hit the ground in such a way where it came directly at my eye.  So it's irrelevant.
Would you like to know why you were hit in the chin with a ball?   Because they were saggy!!!!!

Because, when it took a bad hop, you're natural reaction was to move your ******* face out of the way.   Survival instinct.  Ball coming at your face, you see it, you can't catch it, you can't get out of the way so you naturally choose the only available option:   Lift your head up to avoid getting hit in the face.   People naturally avoid getting hit in the face if they can. 
"If they can" - yes.

In the same way a pitcher can't move his face out of the way of a line drive, it's possible that a ball, moving fast enough, will bounce a handful of feet in front of you in such a way that you can't react in time to move your face out of the way, even if you're a professional athlete.  I'm confused why you find that impossible to understand.
3/25/2014 4:25 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 3/25/2014 4:22:00 PM (view original):
Sort of. I was in center and a base hit two hopped and caught a piece of grab grass while I was charging it. It cut me right on my cheek bone but didn't break anything.

But I've played plenty of third and short and seen plenty of bad hops. I've never, in over 20 years of playing high level baseball, taken an infield grounder to the face.

Jack ****.
So you got hit in the face on a grounder in the OF?

Define "high level".

Because I'm calling bullshit. 
3/25/2014 4:25 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 3/25/2014 4:25:00 PM (view original):

"If they can" - yes.

In the same way a pitcher can't move his face out of the way of a line drive, it's possible that a ball, moving fast enough, will bounce a handful of feet in front of you in such a way that you can't react in time to move your face out of the way, even if you're a professional athlete.  I'm confused why you find that impossible to understand.
Don't be confused by it. Mike's an idiot.
3/25/2014 4:26 PM

"If they can" - yes.

Are they discussing mandatory headgear for pitchers?   Why yes, they are.

Are they discussing mandatory facegear for infielders?  Why no, they aren't.

You know why? 
3/25/2014 4:27 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 3/25/2014 4:26:00 PM (view original):

"If they can" - yes.

Sez the guy who's been rambling about his "high level baseball" who then admits to getting hit in the face by a grounder IN THE OUTFIELD.

******* little leaguer.

3/25/2014 4:28 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/25/2014 4:25:00 PM (view original):

Jack ****.

Define "high level".

Southern California, large high school, starting varsity player when that happened.

I played travel ball starting when I was 11.

I played (not starting) one year as a walk on at a DII college, we made the CCAA championship that year.
3/25/2014 4:33 PM (edited)
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/25/2014 4:29:00 PM (view original):

"If they can" - yes.

Sez the guy who's been rambling about his "high level baseball" who then admits to getting hit in the face by a grounder IN THE OUTFIELD.

******* little leaguer.

I guess Miguel Cabrera isn't considered a high level baseball player either.

Because, you know, mike's never been hit in the face in his slow pitch beer league.
3/25/2014 4:30 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 3/25/2014 4:29:00 PM (view original):

Jack ****.

Define "high level".

Southern California, large high school, starting varsity player when that happened.

I played (not starting) one year as a walk on at a DII college, we made the CCAA playoffs that year.
If you were hit in the face with a groundball in the OF, you were overmatched.    Plain and simple. 

Or you're simply lying about your magnificent ability.    Internet and all.
3/25/2014 4:31 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/25/2014 4:27:00 PM (view original):

"If they can" - yes.

You know why? 
The scenario where a pitcher will get hit in the face, because he can't react in time, happens significantly more often than an infielder.  Also, the ball is travelling at a much higher speed and is much more dangerous.
3/25/2014 4:31 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 3/25/2014 4:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/25/2014 4:29:00 PM (view original):

"If they can" - yes.

******* little leaguer.

I guess Miguel Cabrera isn't considered a high level baseball player either.

Because, you know, mike's never been hit in the face in his slow pitch beer league.
I've seen Miggy play.

You're just an internet liar.    Or a ****** ballplayer.    You pick.
3/25/2014 4:32 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 3/25/2014 4:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/25/2014 4:27:00 PM (view original):

"If they can" - yes.

You know why? 
The scenario where a pitcher will get hit in the face, because he can't react in time, happens significantly more often than an infielder.  Also, the ball is travelling at a much higher speed and is much more dangerous.

So, essentially, a MLB pitcher gets hit in the head once, twice a year in a completely different type of situation.

And very few, at any level, get hit in the face by a grounder.   

OK then.

3/25/2014 4:34 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/25/2014 4:31:00 PM (view original):

Jack ****.

Define "high level".

I played (not starting) one year as a walk on at a DII college, we made the CCAA playoffs that year.
If you were hit in the face with a groundball in the OF, you were overmatched.    Plain and simple. 

Or it took a bad hop as I was running at it full speed. 
3/25/2014 4:34 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 3/25/2014 4:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/25/2014 4:31:00 PM (view original):

Jack ****.

Define "high level".

Or it took a bad hop as I was running at it full speed. 
Yeah, that has never happened to anyone.  
3/25/2014 4:36 PM
◂ Prev 1...55|56|57|58|59...94 Next ▸
Derek Jeter's Last Stand Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.