Attn MikeT23 Topic

The New York Mets made the World Series in 1884! Look it up.
8/13/2014 1:06 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 8/13/2014 1:04:00 PM (view original):
I tend to agree with Mike on this one.  With minimal player continuity, it really seems very little like a move.  When the Expos moved to Washington, they retained their player contracts.
I did the legwork back when this was first argued.   I think 5 players from the defunct Baltimore franchis signed with the New York franchise.   There was no "transfer" of players.    I'm not about to dig this crap up again but John McGraw robbed the Baltimore franchise of it's best players and Balt had to borrow players from other teams to even play games in order to finish the season.

Someone else can look up the timeline of events this time.   I've been vindicated.   
8/13/2014 1:07 PM
BTW, B-R announced they were doing this a couple of years ago.   Took their sweet time. 
8/13/2014 1:10 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/13/2014 1:10:00 PM (view original):
BTW, B-R announced they were doing this a couple of years ago.   Took their sweet time. 
Because who gives a ****.

It changes nothing.
8/13/2014 1:15 PM
It changes how I run my twist leagues.
8/13/2014 4:59 PM
You should contact B-R.   Maybe they'll switch it back since it inconveniences you. 
8/13/2014 6:08 PM
I want to be clear, I wasn't happy that this change happened, nor that I noticed it, and especially since MikeT is, you know, MikeT.  But, fair is fair.  
8/14/2014 9:15 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
History is overwhelming.  Don't overwhelm baseball fans.
8/14/2014 9:49 AM

Some care about the history of the game and aren't overwhelmed.   Some could care less about Phil Rizzuto or Bill Mazeroski.   Don't force those guys down their throat by putting them next to Babe Ruth and Bob Gibson.    Pretty simple concept.   Sorry you don't understand.   Perhaps you're overwhelmed by it.

8/14/2014 9:54 AM
Yes, glancing over a name and going to the next one is overwhelming. Like hearing about the 1902 Baltimore franchise.
8/14/2014 9:56 AM
We can't include the complete history, MLS was on TV the other day. People be like, "years, numbers, 19when? **** that boring ****. Let's watch soccer."

If we keep it up, baseball will go the way of arena2.
8/14/2014 9:57 AM
I wasn't involved in the end of that HOF conversation because I thought it was pretty stupid and I didn't have much to add.  But I chuckled when I read "baseball is all about history" from Mike in reference to the 1902 Baltimore Yankees.  Thought it was ironic.
8/14/2014 10:00 AM
Two semi-unrelated topics.   Baseball is all about history.   There's "important" history and the other stuff.    Honestly, the origins of the Yankees falls into the "other stuff".   But, like I'm interested in the career of Bill Bevens, I'm interested in the origins of the Yankees.    There's some dude in KC saying "Who gives a ****?"   And he's right.   He doesn't have to give a **** just because I do.

Being elected to the HOF isn't the same as being part of history(ask Bill Bevens).    Being in the HOF should mean something.  The people who visit it should see the "important" history/players and not get bogged down with a monument to Kenny Lofton.
8/14/2014 10:06 AM
Aren't the players part of history?

I forgot about the HOF rule requiring visitors to study every plaque and then take a test. My bad.
8/14/2014 10:08 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...7 Next ▸
Attn MikeT23 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.