Mike Trout Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by The Taint on 2/25/2015 11:51:00 PM (view original):
Run scoring and winning have nothing to do with one another.
Lol. Ok.
2/25/2015 11:57 PM
Posted by The Taint on 2/25/2015 11:57:00 PM (view original):
Well, I phrased that wrong....you have a much better chance to win if you strikeout less. Of course runs have something to do with it, but the stats say if you K less, you win more.
For that to be true, team k's would correlate to team run scored totals. They don't.
2/25/2015 11:58 PM
You're arguing that, over an entire season, team offensive strikeout totals correlate to wins?

(While at the same time not correlating to runs scored?)
2/26/2015 12:11 AM
Eh, that's not very compelling. I'll graph team wins vs team k's (along with k's vs runs and OBP vs runs for comparison) tomorrow.
2/26/2015 12:18 AM
Posted by The Taint on 2/26/2015 12:12:00 AM (view original):
yes, that the less strikeouts they have, correlate to more wins.
If the correlation is only to wins but not runs scored, I'd argue it's a coincidence and not causation. But we'll know tomorrow.
2/26/2015 12:20 AM
Is it? You're taking an average of a third of the league and comparing it to an average of another third of the league and saying, "hey look sometimes there's a difference between the two." Like I said before, not very compelling.
2/26/2015 12:27 AM
Posted by The Taint on 2/26/2015 12:22:00 AM (view original):
Awful lot of coincidence over the last 12 years.
Also, if teams with less k's are winning more games but not scoring more runs, it follows that the cause of the wins isn't happening on the offensive side and the reduced k's are a coincidence.
2/26/2015 12:29 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...65 Next ▸
Mike Trout Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.