Should KC plunk Bautista because he's a jerk? Topic

The reason I don't watch hockey is because I don't want sports to be about fighting (except boxing).
5/17/2016 12:22 AM
Was the bat flip even a celebration? A celebration is an expression of joy and happiness. He was scowling like some punk who thinks he's a bad ***.

5/17/2016 6:59 AM
Posted by The Taint on 5/16/2016 10:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sjpoker on 5/16/2016 10:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 5/16/2016 10:21:00 PM (view original):
Isn't it past your bedtime?

If you don't want someone flipping a bat, don't give up an HR. Like the thread said, Harper is right.

I can't stand Bautista or the Jays by the way.

Point stands, don't **** with a dude who whacks fools.

**** Texas. Bunch of little *******.
It is actually 21 mins past my bed time.

All the sorry Rangers do is remain relevant - after what? 30 years of not being relevant? Not sure why you are hating on them.

As for Bautista, sure he hit a HR and flipped a bat. For who? For what? He got a ring? Nice neckbeard. You gonna flip your bat and be a clown, prepare to see some retaliation.
See the post above yours. Your own words.

In what situation were you talking about where it's ok to celebrate a bit? If not the situation where the flip occurred, where?

the rangers relevant? Lol
Texas Rangers - 1961 to 2009 - 3 division titles - all lost in LDS (1-9 in those games LOL)

Texas Rangers 2010 - 2016 - 3 division titles plus a wild card. (20-19) in those games.

Looks pretty relevant to me...

Celebrate is fine. Even bat flips are fine. He went way over the top.
5/17/2016 7:14 AM
"celebrate a bit"?

What would be "a lot"?
5/17/2016 8:06 AM
Just to take this on a (slight) tangent: What are the BIGGEST home run celebrations by a hitter in MLB history?

p.s. How much of the disgust over the bat-flip is related to the fact that it wasn't even a walk-off? After all, there was more baseball to be played... anticlimactic, but it still didn't end the game.
5/17/2016 12:09 PM
Kirk Gibson? Carlton Fisk? Both understated when compared to Bautista.

You could say Chris Chambliss but that was the fans. He was just trying to get around the bases.
5/17/2016 12:25 PM
I think the bat-flip had everything to do with who was doing the flipping. Players and a lot of fans just don't like Joey Bats.
5/17/2016 12:30 PM
Would that be because he flips the bat like a punk that thinks he's a bad ***?

I couldn't care less about him before. Now he's a *****.
5/17/2016 12:39 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/17/2016 8:06:00 AM (view original):
"celebrate a bit"?

What would be "a lot"?
Yeah, I guess its difficult to say. I mean I see the guy - in a huge moment - hitting the HR, straightening up, looking around at a bunch of players (staring at the pitcher) and then tossing the bat in a pretty demonstrative manner. It just says 'dick'.

It was a huge, huge HR. no doubt about it. Just seemed like he was out and out showing up the pitcher and pumping himself up. That - in 100 and whatever years - for any player in the past at least usually means retaliation is coming.
5/17/2016 12:55 PM
I just think there's a big difference between hitting a game-winning walk-off homer (especially in a playoff game) and a 7th inning three-run tie-breaking homer. And there's a bigger difference between jumping around happily and exuberantly because you just won the game, and frowning and posturing like a pro wrestler who is mugging for his heel turn before the game is even over.
5/17/2016 1:06 PM
It's one thing if you put one in his ribs, though I'm with the crowd that doesn't love the timing of it.

It's a totally different thing to cold-**** a guy in the face. That's not baseball. I'd love to see Odor suspended for 50 games. He'll probably get 3-5.

And this BS some people have been giving about Bautista also making a fist is absurd. Watch the video. If you look at one specific still shot, it kinda looks like that. In the video it's clear he's just reacting to the fact that he sees he's about to get punched. His hand is moving in a way that looks nothing like preparing to throw a punch. Nobody in baseball expects to get punched in the face with basically no warning.
5/17/2016 1:14 PM (edited)
Posted by dahsdebater on 5/17/2016 1:12:00 PM (view original):
It's one thing if you put one in his ribs, though I'm with the crowd that doesn't love the timing of it.

It's a totally different thing to cold-**** a guy in the face. I'd love to see Odor suspended for 50 games. He'll probably get 3-5.
Cold-****? They squared off and both were throwing fists. You want to penalize Odor for being better at it?
5/17/2016 1:14 PM
Read the edit. And watch the damn video.
5/17/2016 1:14 PM
And pull your head out of your ***.
5/17/2016 1:15 PM
They didn't "square off," either. Odor shoved Bautista and then punched him.
5/17/2016 1:15 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...106 Next ▸
Should KC plunk Bautista because he's a jerk? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.