This is gonna be a fun year....DUI Jets Topic

Although I agree with almost everything you say, I got to tell you one thing I think is wrong.

The Jets didn't lose Leon Washington a few weeks ago when they traded him. The Jets lost Leon Washington last season when that bone snapped and popped thru his skin. That Leon Washington doesn't exsists anymore. He's gone forever.

Of course Im not a doctor and I hope Im wrong but he suffered a horrific injury and I can't believe he will ever be close to as good as he was.
5/10/2010 1:15 AM
I hope and wish him well. Leon was one of my favorite Jets. I never liked Tomlinson. I thought he was a ***** for not playing through pain when his QB played on a torn MCL and ACL. The Jets run by Rex Ryan will not put up with *******.
5/10/2010 4:43 AM
I'm just wondering when Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder took over the Jets. Seems like they took a lot of big names in the offseason and I have to wonder how it will work for their chemistry. Those are a lot of egos they picked up. So will it end up successful with the cagey veterans banding together in search of that elusive championship a la New England... or will they implode like almost every other team that goes that route? Who steps up as a leader with Thomas Jones and Alan Faneca out of the locker room?

I'll be very honest that I hate the Jets. HATE. I could point out that Sanchez had 12 TD and 20 INT last season... but he improved as the season progressed. It remains to be seen what level he will play at in 2010. At RB, it remains to be seen how Shonn Greene plays over a full season. He has a punishing style so it's possible he wears down.

The first five weeks of the season will make or break this team. With games vs BAL, NE, MIA and MIN we will see them tested. If they stumble it could be a long season. Let's face it, this team is going to be under the microscope all season long and they will be facing a lot of pressure. However, if they come out of those 5 games with a winning record I will be very nervous about what they may accomplish.

One other note... someone earlier expounded upon how people counted the Jets out at the end of last season. Really? Week 16 they were bailed out by Indy resting their starters. Week 17 they ran into a Bengals team that was running on fumes. Anyone who bet on Cincy in the Wild Card game was a fool. I made big money on that game. I admit I thought San Diego would beat New York in the next round... and with as terribly as they played they were still just a Kaeding chokejob away from stealing that game back.

Then Peyton Manning torched them in the AFC Championship which is why everyone should have known Rex Ryan would go all out to upgrade his secondary. I wasn't surprised at all by the Kyle Wilson pick. But I digress. Please don't tell me the Jets were awesome last season because that just isn't true. They were a pretty good team that was also very fortunate.

Bottom Line: There are a lot of question marks with them in my mind. But if they get on a roll, then they will be very tough to stop because they will indeed have the swagger of a champion.
5/12/2010 10:43 PM
You know everything you say is true but here's what I feel. We all know what happened at the end of last year and the Jets found themselves in some, for a lack of a better word, "lucky" situations. But they still had to play well to take advantage of them, and they did.

Also the SD game was no gimme and the Jets played very well, even though it could have gone the other way. It was a big step for the whole franchise.

Totally agree that they need to get off to a fast start next year. The 1st 3-4 games can make or break them.

PS And anyway you look at it .... Without Fanaca, without TJ ....whatever ....the Jets have a very good football team. Doesn't mean they will BE good or win, but they have a good team.

Personally I think its alot on Sanchez (Sanchise). If he's good, they will be good. If he's aweful or gets hurt, they have a problem.
5/18/2010 5:10 PM
Revis is holding out to be the highest paid CB in the game.

Wants more than $15mil a year!

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5247627

This is gonna be an awesome year!
6/3/2010 3:39 PM
"This is gonna be a fun year" DUH!!!!

"This is gonna be an awesome year!" DUHHH!!!

You continue to prove what a jackass and a Mass-Hole and a hater you are. Why is this gonna be an awesome, fun year for you??? What does it have to do with you or your jerkoff team? Worry about your blow-job Patriots.

And as far as this goes, the 2nd best CB in the league makes $15mil per. Revis is the best. The Jets are one of the richest teams with a brand new stadium, and will pay him. A non story.

Just another case of a Mass-hole hope. NYers try to rise to the level of their competition. Low life Mass-holes hope their competition has problems and comes down to their level. Classic difference between NYers and Boston jerkoffs.
6/3/2010 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By timeprime71 on 6/03/2010
I'm a giant douche bag

Thanks for letting us know.
6/3/2010 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By 05nomar05 on 6/03/2010

I'm a giant douche bag

Thanks for letting us know.

Thats the best you got??? Thanks for proving my point dicklick.

You are an embarrassment to your whole family of Mass-holes.

But we already knew that too.
6/3/2010 4:26 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
6/3/2010 5:13 PM
Poor me. I have another witless enemy. What shall I do?

Ants at a picnic.

Hey Clem maybe you and nomar can split a possum
6/3/2010 5:26 PM
I'm witless because I don't want to visit your city. That makes sense. I wouldn't consider you an enemy, though. Just a misguided yank.
6/3/2010 5:34 PM
You're witless because you have no brains. You're a dumbass hillbilly and we don't want you or need you in our city.

You think you can become my adversary by posting a comment after every time I post but you have neither the wit or talent to keep up with me. So go back to the fishing hole, or the swimming hole or your mother's hole or whatever you do for fun out there in Hootersville and don't worry about me.

But we already knew that also.
6/3/2010 5:42 PM
I'm a douche.

Seriously man. No need to keep on bringing it up.
6/3/2010 6:03 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
6/3/2010 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by timeprime71 on 6/03/2010You're witless because you have no brains.  You're a dumbass hillbilly and we don't want you or need you in our city.  You think you can become my adversary by posting a comment after every time I post but you have neither the wit or talent to keep up with me.  So go back to the fishing hole, or the swimming hole or your mother's hole or whatever you do for fun out there in Hootersville and don't worry about me.But we already knew that also.

Clearly you are 100% right about everything. You're pretty crazy if you think anybody wants to become your "adversary" on a message board. Seriously - ROFL! That's hilarious. Maybe you should go enjoy that city you brag so much about instead of posting on the internet how you're so superior to a couple of people talking sports.
6/3/2010 6:07 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
This is gonna be a fun year....DUI Jets Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.