NEW YORK JETS DRAFT+ GREAT FAN PAGE Topic

Nice!
11/14/2010 4:40 PM
Although despite the last 2 wins and the 7-2 record I really gotta say that the Jets are not as nearly as good as I thought they were a few weeks ago.  They really can lose to anyone.  The Lions and the Browns really gave them all they could handle and the Jets could have lost both games easily.  Its good to be alittle lucky.

Also -- Mark Sanchez is really getting better every week.

11/14/2010 4:50 PM
Posted by timeprime71 on 11/14/2010 4:50:00 PM (view original):
Although despite the last 2 wins and the 7-2 record I really gotta say that the Jets are not as nearly as good as I thought they were a few weeks ago.  They really can lose to anyone.  The Lions and the Browns really gave them all they could handle and the Jets could have lost both games easily.  Its good to be alittle lucky.

The Lions game was messy, but I thought overall this was a well played game for both teams.  Maybe maybe it's time we gave the Browns a little credit.  I know they're 3-6, but they just beat the Saints and Pats and the 2 losses before that were to the Steelers and Falcons.  It's too late for playoff talk, but I think the Browns will make some noise down the stretch.

Overall, I'd be encouraged moving forward if I were a Jets fan.
11/15/2010 6:11 PM
Posted by timeprime71 on 11/14/2010 4:50:00 PM (view original):

TP...

As a Jets fan, of course I am hesitant to believe that they are as good as 7-2 would indicate.  However....  anytime you win twice in 2 weeks ON THE ROAD in OVERTIME...  You have to give that team credit, whomever they played.  The Lions outplayed the Bears on opening day and lost on a bad rule (but a good ruling).  They outplayed the Packers, and lost 28-24 (to whom we lost),  The Brown (as pointed out before me in the previous post) SOUNDLY beat the New Orleans Saints in New Orleans.  Then they SOUNDLY beat the New England Patriots.  They wonj both games by TWENTY.  Championship teams find ways to win games where they are not playing their best game.  Even on the road in the NFL.  The Jets were outplayed by Denver, and found a way to win.  They were outplayed by Detroit for 54 minutes, and found a way to score 10 points (doubling their game total) in the last 5 minutes and win in OT,  Against the Browns, they were not outplayed (in fact we outplayed them).  Give Cleveland credit for hanging in there (especially during the opening drive of the 2nd half where the Jets had a 23 play 12 minute drive asnd scored no points).  The Jets however, found a way to win. 

I know you dont like Nomar....  but I think he is pretty rational, and objective.  Ask him if he thinks the Jets are legit.

I dont like the Patriots, and he doesnt like the Jets.  But I will admit for YEARS the Patriots would get outplayed and find a way to win the game.  So much so that I would mutter to myself calling them lucky bastards,  But I know they werent lucky.  It happened TOO OFTEN for them to be just lucky.  They found ways to win.  Championship teams do that.  It has happened 3 times this season for the Jets.  Denver, Detroit and Cleveland.  Anything can happen once.  Twice could be a coincidence.  Three times is a pattern.  The Jets are good.  Very good.  Their two losses were to Baltimore and Green Bay.  Two playoff teams.  And they were more than competitive in both of those games.  They are undefeated on the road.  The Jets are a very good football team.
11/20/2010 12:37 PM
Jets are 1 of the top 3-5 teams right now in the NFL.  This year, the NFL is a toss up.  Haven't scene it this wide open in...well...i can't remember when.  Jets struggle at QB.  The one position you can't to win a championship.  If Dirty plays mistake free football, then the Jets will be a force.  If he tries to beat teams with his arm....he'll make mistakes.  He's still learning.  
11/21/2010 11:29 AM
I just know cresticle wet himself when Dirty Sanchez hit Holmes with that go-ahead TD.
11/21/2010 4:12 PM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 11/21/2010 11:29:00 AM (view original):
Jets are 1 of the top 3-5 teams right now in the NFL.  This year, the NFL is a toss up.  Haven't scene it this wide open in...well...i can't remember when.  Jets struggle at QB.  The one position you can't to win a championship.  If Dirty plays mistake free football, then the Jets will be a force.  If he tries to beat teams with his arm....he'll make mistakes.  He's still learning.  
"Haven't scene it this wide open in"  Scene?  Really?  Try "seen" dumbass.

"If he tries to beat teams with his arm....he'll make mistakes."  Really?  Well thats EXACTLY what he did 3 weeks in a row.  You really don't have a clue what you are talking about so don't try to give the Jets any of your backhanded compliments.
11/21/2010 4:23 PM
Posted by mudbone1969 on 11/21/2010 4:12:00 PM (view original):
I just know cresticle wet himself when Dirty Sanchez hit Holmes with that go-ahead TD.
Well that makes 2 of us.
11/21/2010 4:24 PM
eschwartz67 - Of course everytrhing you said is correct, as usual.  And I agree.  But we are Jet fans.  We have to always be careful not to get to high because ... well .... its the Jets.  However I must say that this team has eliminated the expression "Same old Jets" because they are not the same old Jets.  The Jet teams of the past would have found a way to lose each and every one of those games.  Not SOMEHOW FIND a way to WIN them all.

Yeah Im real happy.  But lets not get far ahead of ourselves. Also  - I would hope the Jet fans would not act in the same manner as the Red Sux fans.  Its only been 40 years, not 86 years but lets not act like those Mass-holes.

You coaxed an answer out of Blowmar by saying  you think he is pretty rational, and objective, but he's not.  Look at his answer.  LOL  You know how good the Jets have to be for him to give in that little?  He's a jackass and a hater.  Not to mention not especially bright.
11/21/2010 4:38 PM (edited)
Well...   He has always seemed rational to me.  I know you personally have bones to pick with Red Sox fans (and him in particular).  As a Jets fan, it is hard for me to believe that they keep winning these games.  These were the EXACT games they lost in the past.  Even in 1985 and 1986 when they were especially good, they lost games like this, and also got waxed on MNF by the Dolphins 45-3.  When Houston made the game 23-10 and then forced a fumble by Shonn Greene, I told my girlfriend (with whom I watched the game), the Jets may win this game, but there is no doubt that Houston will grab a 24-23 lead.  Well as I said it, they threw the TD to the tight end to make it 23-17.  After the INT by Sanchez, I did indeed think the game was over.  She asked to turn to another game on the Sunday Ticket.  I said no.  Not this year.  We have too much magic to give up.  She watched me run around the room yelling and screaming like a 4 year old after the pass to Edwards, and then yell TOUCHDOWN so loud that I scared her cat.  But TP...   I agree.   I am waiting for the other shoe to fall 
11/22/2010 10:17 PM (edited)
I had a much different reaction to the game winning TD.  I sat quietly and stared at the TV with my mouth open, in disbelief.  My brain couldnt beleive what my eyes had just seen. Wow.

I also have a different take on this years team and the rest of the season then you. Im not expecting the other show to fall at all.  Im just not going to proclaim anything.  I know what the last 40 years were like and Im just going to enjoy it and hope for the best. 

Also, I don't worry about them winning any more of these kind of games because I don't think there will be anymore like this.  "These" kind of games have already come and gone the last few weeks and unlike the jet teams of the past and unlike the "same old Jets' THEY WON THEM!!

Im not saying they are going to win the rest of their games.  Im not even saying that they won't get blown out somewhere along the way.  Im just saying that they had 3 games in a row that they would have blown in the past and they didn't.  They have already reached the next level.

PS Its amazing how many of the morons out here that just talk without thinking, or really just not knowing anything, don't realize how great Sanchez is playing. They think he's still that rookie from last year.  Everybody has bad days and Im sure he has one coming but not because he's not good.  Kid is playing way beyond his years.  Hope this is a sign of a long, great career ahead of him.
11/22/2010 11:11 PM (edited)
Posted by eschwartz67 on 11/22/2010 10:17:00 PM (view original):
Well...   He has always seemed rational to me.  I know you personally have bones to pick with Red Sox fans (and him in particular).  As a Jets fan, it is hard for me to believe that they keep winning these games.  These were the EXACT games they lost in the past.  Even in 1985 and 1986 when they were especially good, they lost games like this, and also got waxed on MNF by the Dolphins 45-3.  When Houston made the game 23-10 and then forced a fumble by Shonn Greene, I told my girlfriend (with whom I watched the game), the Jets may win this game, but there is no doubt that Houston will grab a 24-23 lead.  Well as I said it, they threw the TD to the tight end to make it 23-17.  After the INT by Sanchez, I did indeed think the game was over.  She asked to turn to another game on the Sunday Ticket.  I said no.  Not this year.  We have too much magic to give up.  She watched me run around the room yelling and screaming like a 4 year old after the pass to Edwards, and then yell TOUCHDOWN so loud that I scared her cat.  But TP...   I agree.   I am waiting for the other shoe to fall 
I'm pretty rational...just not with TP, because he's the biggest douche on here and I enjoy his blow up rants and his personal attacks.
11/23/2010 8:55 AM
Posted by timeprime71 on 11/22/2010 11:11:00 PM (view original):
I had a much different reaction to the game winning TD.  I sat quietly and stared at the TV with my mouth open, in disbelief.  My brain couldnt beleive what my eyes had just seen. Wow.

I also have a different take on this years team and the rest of the season then you. Im not expecting the other show to fall at all.  Im just not going to proclaim anything.  I know what the last 40 years were like and Im just going to enjoy it and hope for the best. 

Also, I don't worry about them winning any more of these kind of games because I don't think there will be anymore like this.  "These" kind of games have already come and gone the last few weeks and unlike the jet teams of the past and unlike the "same old Jets' THEY WON THEM!!

Im not saying they are going to win the rest of their games.  Im not even saying that they won't get blown out somewhere along the way.  Im just saying that they had 3 games in a row that they would have blown in the past and they didn't.  They have already reached the next level.

PS Its amazing how many of the morons out here that just talk without thinking, or really just not knowing anything, don't realize how great Sanchez is playing. They think he's still that rookie from last year.  Everybody has bad days and Im sure he has one coming but not because he's not good.  Kid is playing way beyond his years.  Hope this is a sign of a long, great career ahead of him.
"Not waiting for the other show to fall"

What a dumbass.  See, i can do it too.
11/23/2010 8:56 AM
If you look at your keyboard you will see that the "W" and the "E" are right next to each other and shoW should have been shoE.  Thats hitting the wrong key.  Not knowing the difference between "scene" and "seen" is the result of a jerkoff who's dirty slut of a mother should have sent him to school as a kid instead of taking him on the job with her because she got extra money for having her blowjob kid play with the john's balls while she was blowing him.. 

Hope you enjoyed that for f**king a$$hole. 
11/23/2010 1:06 PM
Posted by timeprime71 on 11/23/2010 1:07:00 PM (view original):
If you look at your keyboard you will see that the "W" and the "E" are right next to each other and shoW should have been shoE.  Thats hitting the wrong key.  Not knowing the difference between "scene" and "seen" is the result of a jerkoff who's dirty slut of a mother should have sent him to school as a kid instead of taking him on the job with her because she got extra money for having her blowjob kid play with the john's balls while she was blowing him.. 

Hope you enjoyed that for f**king a$$hole. 
Classic stuff there. 
11/23/2010 1:26 PM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17|18|19...61 Next ▸
NEW YORK JETS DRAFT+ GREAT FAN PAGE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.