Marshawn Lynch to the Seahawks Topic

MUCH MORE INTERESTING THAN THE USUAL BULLSHIT CLICHES, PLATITUDES FROM ATHLETES.

THE ANTI-JETER, THAT'S WHY MIKEY DOESN'T LIKE
1/28/2015 9:50 AM
He's been fined for avoiding the media, and has looked uncomfortable in front of reporters multiple times. If you told him he didn't have to show up, he wouldn't.
1/28/2015 9:55 AM
Posted by AlCheez on 1/28/2015 9:43:00 AM (view original):
I think since he has to be there, he's having fun with it and probably enjoying that part of the attention, but I also think if the NFL told him today he never had to show up for this stuff again, he'd disappear from the required appearances.  So, I think ultimately he would see showing up for 5 minutes, being ignored, and not be fined as a win.

There's a big difference between doing a piece for E60 that you have to agree to and have some measure of control over and being forced to sit down in front of reporters and so forth.  I think he legitimately doesn't like having to do that, regardless of how he feels about media/attention in general.
I don't know that it's that big of a difference.   If asked a question you don't care to answer, you can always reply "I'm just here so I don't get fined" whereas, if asked a question on E60 you don't care to answer, you say "Yeah, that's not happening in this piece."    Doesn't seem like a huge change to me.

1/28/2015 10:07 AM
Posted by bronxcheer on 1/28/2015 9:50:00 AM (view original):
MUCH MORE INTERESTING THAN THE USUAL BULLSHIT CLICHES, PLATITUDES FROM ATHLETES.

Yeah, repeating the same thing over and over for 5 minutes is very interesting. 

And, no, interviewing Jeter was like interviewing vanilla ice cream.
1/28/2015 10:08 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 1/28/2015 9:55:00 AM (view original):
He's been fined for avoiding the media, and has looked uncomfortable in front of reporters multiple times. If you told him he didn't have to show up, he wouldn't.
Or maybe he would.  Because he wasn't told he had to show up. 
1/28/2015 10:09 AM
He's ignored the media at times when he was told he did have to show up. Seems to be evidence that he also wouldn't show up if he didn't have to.
1/28/2015 10:13 AM
Yet he agreed to do a piece for E60.   That's not a 10 minute interview.   It's them in your presence for days.

He's a petulant child who's just giving the finger to the establishment.   Much like he reportedly refused to board the bus when Harvin was traded. 
1/28/2015 10:18 AM
He probably got paid for E60? He does commercials too. 
1/28/2015 10:31 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/28/2015 9:17:00 AM (view original):
E60 did a piece on him.   He didn't have any problem talking to the media then.  He's just an ***.

The Seahawks have 20 guys, it seems, that love to talk.  Can't help themselves.  Can't stop talking.   Talk to them, let Lynch sit there for 5 minutes by himself.   Soon enough, no one will know who he is, where he's at or what he does.    Then he'll be dying to do Geico commercials and spiking cold cuts.
Yea, if they don't interview him, no one will know who the starting RB of the Seahawks is, that makes sense.
1/28/2015 10:32 AM
No idea.   But he's like the child that runs because he's being chased.    Stop chasing him and he'll walk back to find out why you quit chasing him.
1/28/2015 10:33 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/28/2015 10:08:00 AM (view original):

Lynch is much more interesting than Russell Wilson's "All glory to god" type responses.
1/28/2015 10:34 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 1/28/2015 10:32:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/28/2015 9:17:00 AM (view original):
E60 did a piece on him.   He didn't have any problem talking to the media then.  He's just an ***.

The Seahawks have 20 guys, it seems, that love to talk.  Can't help themselves.  Can't stop talking.   Talk to them, let Lynch sit there for 5 minutes by himself.   Soon enough, no one will know who he is, where he's at or what he does.    Then he'll be dying to do Geico commercials and spiking cold cuts.
Yea, if they don't interview him, no one will know who the starting RB of the Seahawks is, that makes sense.
So you think he'll be the starting RB when he's 50?   Yeah, that makes sense.

As for what makes sense, what sense is there to continue asking him questions when you know he's not going to answer?    That seems brilliant.
1/28/2015 10:34 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 1/28/2015 10:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/28/2015 10:08:00 AM (view original):

Lynch is much more interesting than Russell Wilson's "All glory to god" type responses.
Yeah, gotta love "I'm just here so I don't get fined" for 5 minutes.

Do you find paint drying to be interesting?
1/28/2015 10:35 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/28/2015 10:33:00 AM (view original):
No idea.   But he's like the child that runs because he's being chased.    Stop chasing him and he'll walk back to find out why you quit chasing him.
I'll disagree. I think he'd be thrilled if he didn't have to speak to the media. As would most professional athletes.
1/28/2015 10:35 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...8 Next ▸
Marshawn Lynch to the Seahawks Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.