Broncos - Ware's the defense? Topic

We actually agree on this last game for the most part I think, but while he never should have been in that position based on how he played up to that point, he did make the terrible game-altering play, and there is a pattern of that.
10/9/2013 12:08 PM
You can't throw a pick inside of two minutes inside your 30 in a tie game.    You CAN'T do that and say "Hey, I had a great game other than that."

The Titanic was a nice cruise except for that sinking part.
10/9/2013 12:17 PM
And while you can certainly argue that we view Brees and Manning through rose colored glasses because of their past postseason success, there's nothing about this list that is kind to Romo.
10/9/2013 12:17 PM
He had a legendary game other than that.  He had a great game with it.  Because he threw for 500 yards and 5 TDs.

10/9/2013 12:27 PM
Posted by AlCheez on 10/9/2013 12:17:00 PM (view original):
And while you can certainly argue that we view Brees and Manning through rose colored glasses because of their past postseason success, there's nothing about this list that is kind to Romo.
Find the list that shows the opposite of this, and see if Romo is on that too.
10/9/2013 12:28 PM
I think that's your job.
10/9/2013 12:30 PM
Jerry Jones thought Romo played a great game. He also said he had a great game in a Tony Romo chokejob in 2011. espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/6965896/dallas-cowboys-jerry-jones-says-tony-romo-outstanding-vs-new-york-jets
10/9/2013 12:45 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/9/2013 12:17:00 PM (view original):
You can't throw a pick inside of two minutes inside your 30 in a tie game.    You CAN'T do that and say "Hey, I had a great game other than that."

It all depends when it happens. If Titanic sank 100 yards from shore and no one died, guess what: we're not talking about it.

If Romo throws that exact same pick within 2 minutes of the first half ending, Denver kicks the FG, and the rest of the game plays out the same, people are saying "Damn, what a game for Romo - he almost led his team past the mighty Broncos."

Manning had another great game, but statistically, Romo outperformed him. Manning also had a pick (which was much more of a gimme INT than Romo's) but no one's talking about that.
10/9/2013 10:58 PM
Food 4 fodder... The latest league-wide mentality, & approach to a gameplan
against Peyton, is simply 2 just keep-up with him...

If a QB who throws for 500 yds, & 5 Td's, & still can't beat Peyton, then let's try
& see if a QB throwing for 600yds, & 6TD's can beat him...

There's is NO defense that can stop Peyton... The NFL offenses have no other
option, but 2 try & keep-up... Romo tried... He followed the gameplan... For the
QB's ahead on Denver's schedule, this is the only realistic approach... 
10/10/2013 5:36 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/9/2013 10:58:00 PM (view original):

It all depends when it happens. If Titanic sank 100 yards from shore and no one died, guess what: we're not talking about it.

If Romo throws that exact same pick within 2 minutes of the first half ending, Denver kicks the FG, and the rest of the game plays out the same, people are saying "Damn, what a game for Romo - he almost led his team past the mighty Broncos."

Manning had another great game, but statistically, Romo outperformed him. Manning also had a pick (which was much more of a gimme INT than Romo's) but no one's talking about that.
Did you miss the "You can't throw a pick inside of two minutes inside your 30 in a tie game" part?
10/10/2013 7:13 AM
IF SNOTS WERE CANDY I'D BE FULL
10/10/2013 7:24 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/10/2013 7:13:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/9/2013 10:58:00 PM (view original):

Did you miss the "You can't throw a pick inside of two minutes inside your 30 in a tie game" part?
Sure didn't. Did you miss the part where it was a tie game? Should Romo just politely take a sack there so he doesn't turn the ball over? He took a chance, it didn't work out. It wasn't a ****** throw and it doesn't take away from the fact he played a great game.

Romo should not get any of the blame for this loss. Period.
10/10/2013 9:44 PM
What do you think is the better outcome?

3rd and 22 while forcing the other team to use two timeouts before the inevitable punt?
Interception while giving the other team the ball on your 25 with three timeouts inside two minutes?

Seriously, QBs are paid good money to make good decisions and give their team the best chance to win.
10/11/2013 8:36 AM
I'm a Cowboys fan and I love Romo.  The Cowboys can't run the ball and they can't play defense.  Other teams know this.  The Cowboys have to pass and pass a lot and Romo keeps them in games even when other teams know that's all they have.  When you play a lot of close games and you have to pass, you're bound to have these moments.  He's got a better interception rate than either Aikman or Staubach had in their careers.  What he hasn't had that they had is a great defense (not to mention no Tony Dorsett or Emmitt Smith).  I know the QB is the single most important position on the field, but it's still a team game and you need a lot more balance than the Cowboys have to win consistently. 
10/11/2013 10:11 AM

Comparing present day QB interception rates to QB from the 70s/90s is silly.  

10/11/2013 11:02 AM
◂ Prev 1...186|187|188|189|190 Next ▸
Broncos - Ware's the defense? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.