Broncos - Ware's the defense? Topic

Posted by kcden on 1/14/2012 11:28:00 PM (view original):
Does it sound like Gronkowski has an IQ of about 12 to anyone else?
My wife said, I see that guy is a meathead after the interview.
1/14/2012 11:34 PM
Odd that Von Miller threw a cheap hit on a Pats player during the Brady punt, his rep is that he's a very good individual.

I just can buy the idea that Tebow is going to have some kind of transformation and develop into a good passer.

He's been a standout HS player, imagine he went to HS All-Star games with good coaches there, went to an elite college football university, probably hired some coaches to work on his mechanics so he could perform well at the combine, and has had two full seasons in the NFL, and we all see how his passing performance is at this point.

And through some sort of magic this is going to be the offseason where everything comes together? Puh-lease.
1/14/2012 11:57 PM
I'm sorry stine...I know resorting to namecalling isn't all that mature, but you're dumb.  That's the only way to put it.

Are you saying even the great players don't improve after high school or college or their first year in the pros? And stop with all this "he's had two full years" crap. He's started 16 games. How much work do you think a backup/third string QB gets. Ask Brady Quinn how much he's worked on his game this season. It's about consistency, reps, getting into game situations. Not to mention Tebow had no off-season to work with any of his coaches. I guarantee working with Elway will change things.

Fox brought up some interesting comparisons this week of guys with Tebow's skillsets who developed into better passers after poor starts to their careers.  Young (already mentioned several times), Cunningham, Tarkenton...all had strong NFL careers.  Even Vick has improved his passing game over time. To think a kid with 16 career NFL starts won't improve with coaching and his first full off season of training and instruction is incredibly foolish - especially since he's already shown improvement throughout his 13 starts this season.
1/15/2012 12:05 AM
 Tebow did well for his first season, got the team into the playoffs.He will only learn from this season and get better because he wants it and has great drive..If you really want something and have the drive to go get it ,you will succeed..I have no doubt Tebow will have a great career.Its nice to see a kid like this over the egomaniacs and dicks that have infested professional sports..
1/15/2012 1:21 AM
JIM NANCE WILL BE COVERED IN PATSIE MAN-GOO
1/15/2012 6:43 AM
Posted by slashtc on 1/14/2012 11:24:00 PM (view original):
Leave it to you to once again, pick one meaningless point and pick at that while ignoring every other word that essentially proves you are the idiot.  That probably worked for a few years, but not so much any more.   
Silly of me to think someone who says "Looked horrible" to have actually seen what they're talking about.     I guess that is meaningless. 
1/15/2012 7:29 AM
Broncos have quite a bit of work to do before next season. But, I don't care who you are, the Broncos are clearly on an upswing. If they draft well and sign a few solid, get-the-job-done kind of guys in free agency, Denver could be right back in the playoffs next year. Especially if Tebow can improve his throwing.
1/15/2012 10:35 AM
Posted by augie_ojeda on 1/14/2012 11:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by slashtc on 1/14/2012 11:24:00 PM (view original):
Leave it to you to once again, pick one meaningless point and pick at that while ignoring every other word that essentially proves you are the idiot.  That probably worked for a few years, but not so much any more.   
the one meaningless point that you weren't watching the game about which you posted your opinions?
One point that I didn't see all of the game.  He looked bad from what I saw.  The stats say he looked bad the rest of the game.  But you guys all know that, you just don't like being wrong.
1/15/2012 12:13 PM
From now on, I'll just stick to posting Tebow's stats.  You can't really pick those apart to try to make me look bad, you'll only prove that Tebow is indeed bad.  That will spare me a lot of ignorant responses from the internet talking heads that don't know what they are talking about in the future.
1/15/2012 12:16 PM
Tebow looked dreamy like he always does.
1/15/2012 12:27 PM
Tebow's passing accuracy sucks. It's unlikely to get much better. Sure, he may get better at reading defenses and making decisions....but he's never going to be one of those guys that can hit his targets consistently and that will severely limit his potential.
1/15/2012 12:29 PM
I disagree. As has been stated several times, if Tebow can consistently throw 50% and limit his turnovers, his other abilities will make him a solid NFL QB. "Average" NFL QBs have better passing accuracy than Tebow, but not his ability to run and create problems for the defense.

But again, Tebow's accuracy in college was good - so to think he won't improve after his first full NFL season is ridiculous. Will it get up to 60-65%? Maybe not, but no reason he can't be consistently at 50-55%.

To me, it falls on Fox. And people may think that's a copout, but look what happened last week when Tebow aired it out. Not a pretty %, but big results. Yesterday, they took very few shots - even when down by 14, 21, 28, it was run, run, run or run, run, pass. Tebow's not a great passer - but it also didn't help that many of the times he threw this season, the defense could pressure him and key in on the pass.
1/15/2012 12:46 PM
Posted by slashtc on 1/15/2012 12:16:00 PM (view original):
From now on, I'll just stick to posting Tebow's stats.  You can't really pick those apart to try to make me look bad, you'll only prove that Tebow is indeed bad.  That will spare me a lot of ignorant responses from the internet talking heads that don't know what they are talking about in the future.
At least we watched the game we were discussing. How can we respect your comments if you neglected to even watch?
1/15/2012 12:46 PM
First 16 NFL starts:

Young: 2,722 yards, 9 TDs, 16 interceptions, 5 rushing TDs.

Tebow: 2,835 yards, 19 TDs, 9 interceptions, 12 rushing TDs. 

After two seasons (19 starts) in TB, Young was traded to SF, where he was a backup for 4 years. He didn't become a starter till he was 30 and is now a hall of famer. He was very similar to Tebow in terms of skill set, passing abilitiy and doubters when he came into the league and improved drastically over time.

Will Tebow be Steve Young? Who knows. But Young alone is evidence that assuming Tebow can't improve or amount to anything is ignorant and foolish.
1/15/2012 1:02 PM
Posted by jvford on 1/15/2012 12:29:00 PM (view original):
Tebow's passing accuracy sucks. It's unlikely to get much better. Sure, he may get better at reading defenses and making decisions....but he's never going to be one of those guys that can hit his targets consistently and that will severely limit his potential.
It's been noted dozens of times that young QBs usually improve their accuracy as they get experience.    Of course, I guess Tebow is different.
1/15/2012 1:02 PM
◂ Prev 1...165|166|167|168|169...190 Next ▸
Broncos - Ware's the defense? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.