WhatIfSports Football Contests Topic

Football fans on WIS,

With the NFL season starting tonight, we thought we'd start a couple last minute contests for all our customers.

Football Survivor
Pick a different team to win each week of the season.
Winner of group will earn $100 in WIS credits.
Official contest rules apply.  

To join our WhatIfSports Group, click here.  Password is "simmatchup".

Football Pick'em
Make picks with confidence points each week of the NFL regular season.
Winner of group will earn $100 in WIS credits.  
Winner is user with most points at end of season. 
Official tiebreaker rules apply.

To join our WhatIfSports Group, enter the following: click here.  Password is "simmatchup".

9/5/2012 2:42 PM
The football sim is alive and kicking, people are coming out in bunches.
9/5/2012 4:11 PM
The day the season starts...really?

Well planned....
9/5/2012 9:28 PM
Well you can still submit picks on both of them except for the Dallas game, and usually it doesn't come down to just one game.
9/5/2012 9:50 PM
still, you get this idea on the day the season starts...
9/5/2012 9:56 PM
day of the start of the season, what a joke, one game CAN make a difference. 1 point does, especially this season in Hoops Dynasty
9/5/2012 10:06 PM
Beyond the obvious issue with announcing a season-long contest 6 hours before kickoff, those sites so packed full of spam I feel physically dirty.
9/5/2012 11:36 PM (edited)
I think it's a great idea, better late than never.
9/6/2012 2:44 AM
Bunch of whiners. I just signed on for both and am glad I didn't play last night's game. I had the Giants.
9/6/2012 9:14 AM
This is a great idea. Many of the best ideas come at the last minute.
9/6/2012 11:44 AM
Posted by firesalt on 9/6/2012 11:44:00 AM (view original):
This is a great idea. Many of the best ideas come at the last minute.
except they have done it for several years now, but someone dropped the ball or was draggin' their a$$.

IOW it isn't a new idea that just arrived.

9/6/2012 2:25 PM
It's a free chance to win WIS credit. You all need to calm down.
9/6/2012 11:59 PM
What are the confidence picks?  Why do some owners get more points for a correct pick than others?
9/9/2012 9:58 PM
Confidence picks are the point value you assign for each game. Your "lock of the week" you would want to move down to the 16 point game, while the toughest match up  you only want to assign 1 point.

You must assign a value of 1 through 16 for each game and may only assign a single value once, so at the end of the day you will have 1 game worth 1, one game worth 2, one game worth 3, etc etc all the way to 16.

I screwed up on week one. I had New England as my survivor pick, but then inexplicably checked the Tennessee box when I assigned that game 16 points in the pick 'em game.

Bad enough missing games at all, but then missing a game that you actually had right just sucks!!

9/10/2012 4:41 PM
WhatIfSports Football Contests Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.