Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Posted by bistiza on 1/21/2013 9:28:00 AM (view original):
I understand. It's NEVER allowed to be Brady's fault.

His hype is too massive to be overcome, even if he had chucked ten INTs and fumbled five times and the Ravens had beaten them by 50.
But he didn't.  He played well...till the end when the game was over and he forced the ball.

He didn't play well enough either.
1/21/2013 9:34 AM
Who doesn't?
1/21/2013 9:34 AM
That was in reference to Manning being a choker. 
1/21/2013 9:36 AM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 1/21/2013 9:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/21/2013 8:37:00 AM (view original):
Brady's weapons must have sucked again. 
They did drop the balls and fumbled.  That said, the blame is to the whole team.  

They came out flat and played flat.

Losing Talib was probably the single biggest impact on the game.  Then Welkers 2 drops, the Riddley fumble and Solder's holding penalty on a 1st down conversion.  The Pats couldn't convert a 3rd down at all.  

All around sucky game.  I don't think Brady played bad....but he didn't play great either.  He had some time to throw, but his WR's couldn't get open.  
Who's to blame for not even getting a pass in the endzone with one timeout and 13 seconds left?
1/21/2013 9:37 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/21/2013 9:36:00 AM (view original):
That was in reference to Manning being a choker. 
We know.

Lots of people don't think he's a choker.  I'm not one of those.
1/21/2013 9:38 AM
No one I know.
1/21/2013 9:38 AM
So you consider Manning a choker also?

The difference is that Manning actually makes plays. He throws incredibly accurate passes into tight windows, and he has the guts to actually fling it when he needs to get the job done.

Brady's entire game is based on screens and other short passes. The only time he can ever throw deep successfully is when the line gives him all day to throw and/or had all-world Randy Moss out there hauling in anything in his vicinity.  He is praised for not throwing INTs but the only reason his numbers there are low is because he doesn't make the plays to get the job done when he needs to do it. If a guy isn't close to wide open, Brady isn't accurate enough to hit him and often won't even try.

And don't even give me Brady's completion percentage stats that are inflated from all the screens and short crap he throws, which are far more than anyone else. If Manning threw as much short easy-to-complete crap as Brady, he'd probably hit 75 percent.
1/21/2013 9:52 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/21/2013 9:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by 05nomar05 on 1/21/2013 9:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/21/2013 8:37:00 AM (view original):
Brady's weapons must have sucked again. 
They did drop the balls and fumbled.  That said, the blame is to the whole team.  

They came out flat and played flat.

Losing Talib was probably the single biggest impact on the game.  Then Welkers 2 drops, the Riddley fumble and Solder's holding penalty on a 1st down conversion.  The Pats couldn't convert a 3rd down at all.  

All around sucky game.  I don't think Brady played bad....but he didn't play great either.  He had some time to throw, but his WR's couldn't get open.  
Who's to blame for not even getting a pass in the endzone with one timeout and 13 seconds left?
Brady/Belicheck.
1/21/2013 9:53 AM
I'm not a Brady fan so I won't give you anything. Just wanted to see what you thought of Manning because he's twice the choker Brady has been in his career.

Anyone is going to have a hard time throwing downfield with no protection or receivers.
1/21/2013 10:06 AM
No protection? You've got to be kidding!

Brady has had all day to throw during most of his career. His offensive lines have been above average to great in most of his seasons.

Even in the Ravens game where the Patriots flopped in the second half, I counted more than ten passing plays where Brady had at least 5 full seconds to find a receiver.  That's a LONG time in the NFL, and certainly more than Manning usually has.

1/21/2013 10:25 AM
Brady had plenty of time for most of the game.  he also had to scrable quite a few times....which he's not quite the best at that.  He runs like a 3 toed sloth out there.

Anyways, Brady did make some damn good throw out there.  Like I said, he played well.  Just not well enough to win.  I don't know why they didn't try the hurry up/uptempo offense.  It's like they played into the Ravens comfort zone.  In that case, i blame McDaniels and the offensive decision there.

It boils down to a whole team loss. 

They sure missed Gronk though.
1/21/2013 10:30 AM
Welker and Vereen certainly should have caught the three "drops", but lets not pretend those were perfect throws because they clearly weren't.  Especially that 3rd and 7 to Welker which was behind him and high.  Should have been caught anyway, but also could have been better throws.

Lets also not forget the countless other balls that were batted down at the line or where Brady just clearly missed.  He was off target the entire game. 

1/21/2013 10:34 AM
I didn't see Brady make any good throws. I saw him do what he usually does - he hit a lot of screens and short passes, and when the line gave him all day to throw, he sometimes made a down field completion if someone was wide open.

They DID play hurry up early and the Ravens held them to a field goal. The hurry up wasn't working as well this game as it didn't against Houston, which shouldn't be a surprise given the Ravens defense.

I'm also glad "Gronk" was out with an injury. The guy is a world-class jerk. Sports Illustrated did a cover story on him that showed what a terrible human being he is. I don't like Brady and think he's a horrible person too, but compared to "Gronk", Brady is a saint.

1/21/2013 10:39 AM
Posted by moranis on 1/21/2013 10:35:00 AM (view original):
Welker and Vereen certainly should have caught the three "drops", but lets not pretend those were perfect throws because they clearly weren't.  Especially that 3rd and 7 to Welker which was behind him and high.  Should have been caught anyway, but also could have been better throws.

Lets also not forget the countless other balls that were batted down at the line or where Brady just clearly missed.  He was off target the entire game. 

The one to Vareen was behind him.

The 2 that Welker dropped were great throws.  He should have caught them.
1/21/2013 10:42 AM
Posted by bistiza on 1/21/2013 10:39:00 AM (view original):
I didn't see Brady make any good throws. I saw him do what he usually does - he hit a lot of screens and short passes, and when the line gave him all day to throw, he sometimes made a down field completion if someone was wide open.

They DID play hurry up early and the Ravens held them to a field goal. The hurry up wasn't working as well this game as it didn't against Houston, which shouldn't be a surprise given the Ravens defense.

I'm also glad "Gronk" was out with an injury. The guy is a world-class jerk. Sports Illustrated did a cover story on him that showed what a terrible human being he is. I don't like Brady and think he's a horrible person too, but compared to "Gronk", Brady is a saint.

Of course you didn't.  You dislike Brady to the extreme.  You wear blinders.  Yes, Brady was off on several throws (the Vareen one was a bad throw.  The bounce pass to Llyod was another).

Your last "paragraph" just shows why your "analysis" on Brady and the Pats is skewed.  Brady and Gronk are terrible humans?  Seriously???  Moron.
1/21/2013 10:44 AM
◂ Prev 1...16|17|18|19|20...85 Next ▸
Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.