Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

The original arguments I made are still as valid as they always were. The stats and evidence support these arguments, so I see no need to change them.

If you don't see trick plays in the Pats offense, then I'm sorry and mean no offense, but you really have no business pretending you know enough about this topic to even have this debate.

2/7/2013 8:50 AM
What stats? Football outsiders has Brady as the best QB in the league.
2/7/2013 9:54 AM
Running no huddle and running plays quickly are not "trick plays." Wake up, the no huddle is a big part of a majority of offenses now.

Next thing you know you are going to argue that new fangled forward pass is just a gimmick to get Brady ahead...
2/7/2013 10:04 AM
Posted by bistiza on 2/7/2013 8:50:00 AM (view original):
The original arguments I made are still as valid as they always were. The stats and evidence support these arguments, so I see no need to change them.

If you don't see trick plays in the Pats offense, then I'm sorry and mean no offense, but you really have no business pretending you know enough about this topic to even have this debate.

The stats do not support your argument.  I don't see an abundance of trick plays in the Pats offense.  But again, see what you want to "see."

2/7/2013 10:06 AM
It's not about running no huddle.

The Pats run a lot of trick plays, including direct snaps to RBs, receiving routes designed to cross up defenders, reverses to everyone from Welker to Hernandez, shovel passes, and others.

You want to act like I'm seeing something that isn't there, but it's you who has the problem with seeing things. If you don't see these plays then you aren't paying attention.

2/7/2013 10:13 AM
I don't consider shovel passes trick plays, and lots of teams do that.  Every team runs routes designed to cross up defenders.  Pats receivers ran the ball 7 times this year.  

Tell me more about the crazy things the Pats do to make Brady look great.
2/7/2013 10:22 AM
Get clue a clue burnsy. Can't you see it? The o-line blocks defenders. The receivers catch passes. Without those things, Brady would be exposed as the mediocre QB he is.
2/7/2013 10:57 AM (edited)
And the receivers are tricky.  They cross each other up!  EVERY TEAM SHOULD DO THIS!
2/7/2013 10:46 AM
There is no point, burnsy. You'll claim every team does everything the Pats do and just as much and the only difference is Brady, which shows you've been drinking the Brady worship cult's kool-aid because it's just not true.

Every team doesn't have the same game plan or emphasize the same system or do the same things. But that's your excuse for everything, so there is no point.

2/7/2013 10:52 AM
Posted by bistiza on 2/7/2013 10:52:00 AM (view original):
There is no point, burnsy. You'll claim every team does everything the Pats do and just as much and the only difference is Brady, which shows you've been drinking the Brady worship cult's kool-aid because it's just not true.

Every team doesn't have the same game plan or emphasize the same system or do the same things. But that's your excuse for everything, so there is no point.

You could say that about any QB. They all work within a game plan designed to score points. That doesn't reduce Brady's accomplishments.

Plus, he's a really good person.
2/7/2013 10:59 AM
You still haven't told me what flavors the kool-aid comes in.  I prefer cherry.

Yes, every team has a different game plan.  But the Pats offensive game plan isn't significantly different than any other.  That's the point.  You can't insist that Brady is successful because of a certain system that's run, and then be unable to explain how it's much different than what other teams run.  
2/7/2013 11:00 AM
I have explained how the system is different. I discussed at length what Brady is and is not good at and how the system is designed to support that and over time the team obtained players who work well within that system. You ignored most parts of that and/or simply dismissed them out of hand, so I'm done.

From now on, I'm just going to do what you do: I'll declare things are what I say they are.

You say "the game plan isn't any different from another team". I say "Brady sucks compared to every other player who is actually as good as you claim Brady is".

2/7/2013 11:18 AM
I'm glad we're done here.  But a lot of your post above seems to be something I should be writing.  You're the one who simply declares that things are what you say they are.  I've given evidence that states that Brady is an excellent QB, and you've ignored most parts of that evidence, or simply dismissed them.  You saying something that I disagree with, and then not being able to back up what you say, does not give your argument credibility.  You're the one saying "I'm right, you're wrong" without looking at actual evidence that is different than what your biased mind tells you.

I've said this before, and it applies here, so I'll say it again:   If you took yourself out of the situation, I'm confident you would think some bias was at play here in your thinking of Brady when it comes to football talent.  You see what your eyes want to see.

2/7/2013 11:26 AM
There is no evidence Brady is a great QB. None.

The only "evidence" is wins (a function of a whole team) and stats inflated by system play and talented team mates.

Sure, BOTH OF US have bias in this situation. You drink the kool-aid, while I hate Brady in part PRECISELY BECAUSE he is over rated by people who drink the kool-aid (and in part because he's an arrogant whoring piece of ****).

I wish Brady had never recovered from his leg injury because then you'd all have seen how replaceable he was. Pats fans would have been happy too - Cassel might have won the Super Bowls where Brady CHOKED against the Giants.

(Now some idiot will attack me and claim I'm horrible because I wished Brady wouldn't have recovered, to which I say I can think what I'd like and if you don't like that you can s*** it.)
2/7/2013 11:33 AM
Posted by bistiza on 2/7/2013 11:33:00 AM (view original):
There is no evidence Brady is a great QB. None.

The only "evidence" is wins (a function of a whole team) and stats inflated by system play and talented team mates.

Sure, BOTH OF US have bias in this situation. You drink the kool-aid, while I hate Brady in part PRECISELY BECAUSE he is over rated by people who drink the kool-aid (and in part because he's an arrogant whoring piece of ****).

I wish Brady had never recovered from his leg injury because then you'd all have seen how replaceable he was. Pats fans would have been happy too - Cassel might have won the Super Bowls where Brady CHOKED against the Giants.

(Now some idiot will attack me and claim I'm horrible because I wished Brady wouldn't have recovered, to which I say I can think what I'd like and if you don't like that you can s*** it.)
Only stats and titles.  Oh, and actual game film that show him making fantastic plays that few QB's make on a constant basis.

So, know you are wishing that someone never recovered from an injury.  Then you preface it with "I can think what I'd like and if you don't like that you can suck it."

Dude, you are so full of yourself it's not even funny.

Hypocrisy suits you well.
2/7/2013 11:38 AM
◂ Prev 1...41|42|43|44|45...85 Next ▸
Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.