SUCK IT, PATSIES!! Topic

No.

Rodgers is clearly a QB who benefits from having a very specific system set up for him, elite weapons, and a media and fanbase that drinks the kool-aid given to them.  The QB always gets too much credit when a team succeeds, and Rodgers likely gets too much more than any QB in history.  If any QB who actually had the skills that people think Rodgers has, the Packers would have won at least 3 Super Bowls already.  If anyone had any evidence to dispute that, they surely would have offered it by now.  LOL.

3/26/2013 2:35 PM
Fine. I don't care if you say Rodgers is terrible. Have fun with that.

I've accomplished my goal of showing Brady isn't as talented as so many of you believe.

3/26/2013 2:49 PM
I've accomplished my goal of showing Rodgers isn't as talented as so many of you believe.
3/26/2013 2:56 PM
Great. Rodgers sucks. So does Brady, but Brady is worse. There now we're all happy.

3/26/2013 3:06 PM
No. 

Rodgers and Brady are very different QBs in entirely different situations. 

Brady makes plays on a consistent basis that prove he is elite. Rodgers manages to not screw up a talented team by playing well within a system. There is a vast canyon between them in terms of talent and ability, and Brady is far superior to Rodgers by enough that comparisons aren't even realistic unless you drink Rodgers worship kool-aid.

The difference is Brady actually does many of the things he gets credit for doing, but Rodgers doesn't do what he gets credit for doing. Brady makes plays other QBs couldn't make on a regular basis - Rodgers gets credit for doing this but does it far less often than his hype would have you believe.

The reason it sounds so crazy for me to argue this way about Rodgers is because the hype is so huge for him that the reality is seen as somehow being untrue. What Rodgers actually does is engulfed by the hype so you can't see it.
3/26/2013 3:13 PM
Sure, and if you tell me of a play that shows Brady's skills that Rodgers doesn't have, I'll believe you.
3/26/2013 3:20 PM
Brady is the shizzle.   No doubt.  But I've watched a dozen or so whole Aaron Rodgers games in my lifetime and he's looked pretty f*cking good to me.  Unless I come to find out you're an advanced scout, or Steve Sabol's bastard child or some sh!t, I can't help but think you're full of sh!t
3/26/2013 3:22 PM
Posted by bistiza on 3/26/2013 2:49:00 PM (view original):
Fine. I don't care if you say Rodgers is terrible. Have fun with that.

I've accomplished my goal of showing Brady isn't as talented as so many of you believe.

Um...no, you haven't.  That's the problem.  You can't.  

Next.
3/26/2013 3:28 PM
Posted by bistiza on 3/26/2013 3:20:00 PM (view original):
Sure, and if you tell me of a play that shows Brady's skills that Rodgers doesn't have, I'll believe you.
LOL.  You're the one telling me that Rodgers has elite football skills, so the onus is on you to show them.  I presented significant evidence that shows that Rodgers is carried to elite stats and wins by the system built specifically for him, and the weapons that's surrounded him his entire career.  If you think I'm wrong, it's on you to present evidence to the contrary.  
3/26/2013 3:31 PM
Posted by arvidjosef on 3/26/2013 3:23:00 PM (view original):
Brady is the shizzle.   No doubt.  But I've watched a dozen or so whole Aaron Rodgers games in my lifetime and he's looked pretty f*cking good to me.  Unless I come to find out you're an advanced scout, or Steve Sabol's bastard child or some sh!t, I can't help but think you're full of sh!t
LOL.  You're obviously drinking the kool-aid that fans, media, and other team's coaches drink.  He's slightly above average, sure, but when you have the amount of weapons he has, and a system built specifically to make him look good, any QB with average skills would look as good as Rodgers does.  A "pretty f*cking good" QB would have put up better numbers with these elite weapons, and not choked in big games like Rodgers does.  When Rodgers faces a defense that puts consistent pressure on him, he struggles.  A great QB would have won multiple Super Bowls by this point.
3/26/2013 3:36 PM
As I've said several times, the onus is on you, burnsy - you show Brady's supposed skills, I'll show Rodgers' skills. I presented the challenge first, so this makes logical sense, and if you can't abide by logic, there is no point anyway.
3/26/2013 3:37 PM
I don't care what you think of Brady.  

If Rodgers had the skills that his reputation states he has, and YOU state he has, SOMEONE would have shown me evidence of this BY NOW.  If it's so difficult to find, it must mean that he's incredibly overrated.
3/26/2013 3:40 PM
What's the deal with someone using the word "shizzle" too? Are we suddenly using street slang to emphasize everything?

Because if so then I have to go get my homies so we can chill in my crib.

Also, I have to resort to child like tendencies of speech and forget everything I've learned about how to properly pronounce words, especially those that have a TH in them, which must be replaced with an F sound, i.e. "I don't have the strenf to go to the bafroom and brush my teef so my breaf don't smell."

3/26/2013 3:43 PM
If you don't care what I think of Brady, then we're done burnsy.
3/26/2013 3:43 PM
OK.  I'll assume that you don't have a good rebuttal to my argument on how overrated Rodgers is.  Which is what I expected.  Once someone actually has to present valid evidence against MY evidence, the truth comes out.
3/26/2013 3:48 PM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17|18|19...23 Next ▸
SUCK IT, PATSIES!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.