Worst human being Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Where is "All of the above"?
11/5/2013 5:41 PM
Is Aaron Hernandez somewhat current?

Not really supporting Cooper, but what he did at a Kenny Chesney concert is chump change compared to every deadbeat father the NFL has to offer.

Travis Henry was the worst, but he's out of the league. Cromartie has child issues.
11/5/2013 6:19 PM
Vick is the biggest scumbag ..killing defenseless animals ..ll raise a drink if that piece of sh!t ever dies
11/5/2013 6:25 PM

I left Hernandez out because he's never playing in the NFL again.   I doubt Incognito does but, if Vick/Rothlisberger are forgiven, it seems he could.    Cromartie is pretty stupid but, in his defense, any woman that spreads them for him is probably a trashbag anyway.

11/5/2013 8:23 PM
Cromartie crossed my mind too, but he's more "dumb" and "bad." I voted for Vick, although I know people who knew Ben, and even aside from the rape allegations, claim he's a pretty ****** human being.

Who was the guy (I'm sure he's not current) who killed someone driving drunk, and then was arrested for DWI again a few years later? Probably 10 years ago now.

11/6/2013 9:17 AM

Leonard Little but I don't think he's in the NFL.   Donte Stallworth also killed a man  with a DUI but I think he's also out.

I voted Vick, which should come as no surprise, for a couple of reasons.   The 2nd woman who accused Rapelisberger was still legally ********* when she filled out the police report some 4-5 hours later.  While I have no doubt she said "No" at some point, I'm not sure she knew when she said it.   One of my rules of life is "Don't put yourself in a situation".   I don't really recall the first instance but, when you have multiple rape charges, you probably ought to re-evaluate your "dating" style.    If nothing else, I can say "Ben made a bad decision in the moment."

Vick made a bad decision hundreds, if not thousands, of times over many years.    There's just something inherently evil about torturing an inferior species for years on end.  While I wouldn't give him a pass for running/funding a dogfighting ring, I'd think a little more of him if he put a bullet in the brain of the "bad" dogs as opposed to hanging, drowning, electrocuting and slamming them into the ground to put them down.

11/6/2013 10:07 AM
FWIW, I started this because of the "outrage" being expressed over Incognito this week including that he's done in the NFL.   Seems to me that there's a lot worse putting on the uniform every Sunday. 
11/6/2013 10:09 AM
I'll also add that I don't think the NFL is for everyone.   It appears that the culture is not for Jonathan Martin. 
11/6/2013 10:11 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/6/2013 10:09:00 AM (view original):
FWIW, I started this because of the "outrage" being expressed over Incognito this week including that he's done in the NFL.   Seems to me that there's a lot worse putting on the uniform every Sunday. 
There is, and I'm getting sick of this story already.  The "bullying problem" has been getting a lot of publicity lately outside of sports, so I think this is why this has been blown up somewhat.

As for Martin, yea, it does seem like his personality is counter to most of those in the NFL.  There's a line that's crossed by Incognito though.  You can't be leaving racially hateful voicemails like that and threatening the guy's family.  And it doesn't help him that he has the reputation that he has - there are many people in the game that think he's a bad person.  He's been kicked off teams IIRC, and a lot of GMs were stepping up and saying he was on their "don't draft list."  

11/6/2013 10:29 AM
Incognito is not a nice person.    That's pretty much accepted.

That said, Danny Kanell made a valid point in that he needed to hear the voicemails before making a judgement on them.   It's a good point, IMO, because I've said "Don't make me **** you up" to friends/teammates in a joking manner.   No threat just screwing around.   As for the N-bomb, it was obvious that Cooper said it in anger.   If you're to believe Kanell, it's used in the locker room, by all races, in a friendly manner.  I think a lot of white folk would not be comfortable using it, Kanell said he was not, but maybe that wasn't the case with RI.   FWIW, a lot of BLACK teammates are speaking up for RI.   There has to be something to that. 
11/6/2013 10:41 AM
That said, NFL locker rooms aren't the pulse of America as Rapey and Vick had/have plenty of supporters.    But, as far as work place conditions, that's what NFL locker rooms provide.   Maybe it's not for you.
11/6/2013 10:45 AM
I found this interesting:

"This is the same guy that was laughing about this voice mail at one point in time, first of all," Hartline said of Martin. "Second of all, I believe that if you look through the whole voice mail, there's some things said that you probably shouldn't say in general, friends or not friends. But I know for a fact, that I've said things to my friends that I kind of wish I've never said to, either."

"They're attacking our coach. They're attacking the values of the rest of the people in this locker room, and they have the mike last," Hartline said. "I mean, we were at a point where we weren't told to say anything. We weren't going to talk. There was an investigation, plain and simple. You guys expected that.

"And now we're able to say our opinion and really protect ourselves from being bullied from you guys, because we weren't talking. We weren't fighting back. No one said a word. You had no comments from Richie, had no comments from us. ... We're kind of tired of it. We're just going to do our point, and you guys can judge. But, honestly, it caught us all off guard, and it's a shame it happened."

Hartline was speaking about the national reaction to the Martin story, but at least one of his teammates specifically expressed disappointment with Martin.

"I don't know why he's doing this ... this is ridiculous," right tackle Tyson Clabo said of Martin, via the Miami Herald.

Clabo told reporters Incognito's public perception is not fair.

"What's (being) perceived is that Richie is this psychopath, racist maniac, right?" Clabo asked. "And the reality is that Richie was a pretty good teammate, and that Richie and Jonathan Martin were friends, or appeared to be friends.

11/6/2013 10:01 PM
I floated this in one of my WC earlier.    Martin, after his rookie season, decided the NFL wasn't for him.   It's a job, a pretty much year-round work-your-***-off job, that's not very similar to college football.   The pond is a lot bigger and you're no longer the biggest fish.    And, to top it off, there are plenty of health risks.  Martin just didn't want to do it.   Skipped some voluntary workouts, which undoubtedly would bring some grief from the leader of the OL(Incognito), and saved some texts/voicemails that were half-joking/half get-your-weak-***-with-the-program.  He then came back, hoping he'd either 1) rekindle the fire to play or 2) be given the opportunity to create a lawsuit. 

Obviously, it was #2.   He can sue Incognito, the coaches, the Dolphins and the NFL for unsafe work conditions.   Loss of wages, future earnings and, of course, mental anguish. 
11/7/2013 8:04 AM
Martin lawyering up.    Hires A-Rod's guy. 
11/7/2013 12:55 PM
123 Next ▸
Worst human being Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.