Patriots Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
The Pats have been the _unluckiest_ team in the NFL this season.

Give them half the amount of injuries to key players that they actually had, and give them an end-of-game penalty against CAR that absolutely should have been called by the standards of PI in today's NFL, and they could very well be 13-0.  They, not the Chiefs, Broncos, Seahawks, Panthers or other-flavor-of-the-week team would be the story of the season.

Today's injury to Gronk just continues the bad luck, and likely means the end of the Pats as a serious Super Bowl contender.
12/8/2013 6:22 PM
I can only assume that the "crying baby" is in reference to the OP and not my response.  There's no crying from me - injuries and calls that go against you are part of the game.  But let's not have any of this sour grapes nonsense that the Pats have been inordinate recipients of good luck this season.  Ludicrous.
12/8/2013 9:09 PM
12/8/2013 9:17 PM
Posted by contrarian23 on 12/8/2013 9:09:00 PM (view original):
I can only assume that the "crying baby" is in reference to the OP and not my response.  There's no crying from me - injuries and calls that go against you are part of the game.  But let's not have any of this sour grapes nonsense that the Pats have been inordinate recipients of good luck this season.  Ludicrous.
They have hardly any talent and they keep coming back from these double-digit deficits late in games.

And like I said, today's call in the endzone on the Browns was every bit as bad as the no-call in Carolina. There was no contact that impeded the receiver or prevented the catch.
12/9/2013 12:59 AM
Posted by contrarian23 on 12/8/2013 6:22:00 PM (view original):
The Pats have been the _unluckiest_ team in the NFL this season.

Give them half the amount of injuries to key players that they actually had, and give them an end-of-game penalty against CAR that absolutely should have been called by the standards of PI in today's NFL, and they could very well be 13-0.  They, not the Chiefs, Broncos, Seahawks, Panthers or other-flavor-of-the-week team would be the story of the season.

Today's injury to Gronk just continues the bad luck, and likely means the end of the Pats as a serious Super Bowl contender.
+1.

LOL at should have lost to Denver.  Denver sucked....except for the 1st 10 or so minutes of the game.  Should we go over Mannings stats for that game again?
12/9/2013 1:44 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/8/2013 9:17:00 PM (view original):
WTF is on his face?
12/9/2013 1:45 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 12/9/2013 12:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by contrarian23 on 12/8/2013 9:09:00 PM (view original):
They have hardly any talent and they keep coming back from these double-digit deficits late in games.

And like I said, today's call in the endzone on the Browns was every bit as bad as the no-call in Carolina. There was no contact that impeded the receiver or prevented the catch.
Hardly any talent?  HAHAHA!!!

Go cry a river kiddo.  Enjoy your team excellence in the regular season.  Only to be bounce by Manning's wonderful playoffs.
12/9/2013 1:46 PM
Your team BARELY beat weak Buffalo, Houston and Cleveland teams and you're going to talk smack? They needed final minutes desperation to win those games. And let's not forget the Saints game.

Do those final minutes count? Absolutely they do. But a team that's 10-3 and has comeback to win in the final 3 minutes of 5-6 of those is lucky as hell. That's like a baseball team going on a 10 game winning streak with 6 the wins coming via walkoff.
12/10/2013 4:09 PM (edited)
Posted by Jtpsops on 12/10/2013 4:09:00 PM (view original):
Your team BARELY beat weak Buffalo, Houston and Cleveland teams and you're going to talk smack? They needed final minutes desperation to win those games. And let's not forget the Saints game.

Do those final minutes count? Absolutely they do. But a team that's 10-3 and has comeback to win in the final 3 minutes of 5-6 of those is lucky as hell. That's like a baseball team going on a 10 game winning streak with 6 the wins coming via walkoff.
Pats only 3 loses are a combined 8 points. All on the road.

Also...The best team in the NFL beat Houston by 3 points. They must be lucky too. Also...Buffalo beat a top Panthers team. Browns...beat the Ravens and Bengals.

It's the NFL. A win is a win.....and the Pats beat Denver.
12/11/2013 8:21 AM
'TARD FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12/11/2013 9:16 AM
Pats did beat Denver - and Denver is still 1st in the conference. What's your point?

I'm saying there's luck involved in the amount of games the Pats have won in the manner they have. If you don't see that, it's pure homerism.
12/11/2013 7:59 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 12/11/2013 7:59:00 PM (view original):
Pats did beat Denver - and Denver is still 1st in the conference. What's your point?

I'm saying there's luck involved in the amount of games the Pats have won in the manner they have. If you don't see that, it's pure homerism.
It's called a well coached team that's dealt with a crap ton of adversity.

You better hope that Denver doesn't lose another game. 
12/12/2013 9:43 AM
123456 Next ▸
Patriots Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.