Martin or Sam Topic

Would you rather have Jon Martin or Michael Sam as a teammate?  Why?
2/13/2014 8:29 AM
I'll start things by saying Sam.  I would want nothing to do with Martin under any circumstances.  He abandoned his team in a time he was needed, and if that wasn't bad enough, he drug down a fellow teammate (friend) in the process. 
2/13/2014 8:33 AM
Martin. Sam might have cooties
2/13/2014 10:51 AM
Probably Sam, unless he turns out to be not an NFL-talent.  Sam would certainly be better received by teammates than Martin, but if Martin can play well and Sam can't, the answer is Martin.
2/13/2014 10:58 AM
The one that can play football better than the guy he'd be replacing.   Unless, of course, that guy is me.
2/13/2014 11:09 AM
FWIW, I imagine there are 150+ people at a team facility every day during the season.   If I wanted to avoid Sam because I'm afraid he'll touch my peepee, I don't think that would be a problem.   If I wanted to avoid Martin because I'm afraid he'll take a comment in a way it wasn't meant, I think that would be simple enough too.
2/13/2014 11:11 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Martin can be cured, Sam can't be.
2/14/2014 7:32 AM
Posted by bronxcheer on 2/14/2014 7:32:00 AM (view original):
Martin can be cured, Sam can't be.
Your stupidity can't be either.
2/14/2014 9:32 AM
Posted by moranis on 2/14/2014 6:29:00 AM (view original):
is this thread serious? Anyone that says they would rather have Martin as a teammate is clearly a bigot and can be disregarded because of that fact.
I'm lost. How would saying Martin make you a bigot?

I'm thinking you're mistaking Martin with Incognito. And in that case, you should be disregarded.
2/14/2014 2:20 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 2/14/2014 2:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moranis on 2/14/2014 6:29:00 AM (view original):
is this thread serious? Anyone that says they would rather have Martin as a teammate is clearly a bigot and can be disregarded because of that fact.
I'm lost. How would saying Martin make you a bigot?

I'm thinking you're mistaking Martin with Incognito. And in that case, you should be disregarded.
I think the "bigot" remark is referring to gays.  If you don't want a gay teammate, you're clearly a bigot (according to moranis).  Doesn't matter if you have a valid reason , such as NFL experience vs. no NFL experience.
2/17/2014 9:25 PM
I think that's the confusion with the question. Is it specifically asking "Martin or Sam" or is it generally saying "Would you rather have a wuss or a homosexual for a teammate?"

For the record, I laugh at people who say Martin turned on his team. Is he a bit soft? Probably. But hearing the extent of stuff he and others endured from Incognito, Pouncey, etc., it's pretty intense. And if Philbin or some of the other vets on that team weren't such tools, they'd have recognized that situation and stepped in to stop it well before it got to the point where Martin felt he had to walk away.
2/19/2014 2:43 PM
Posted by all3 on 2/13/2014 8:33:00 AM (view original):
I'll start things by saying Sam.  I would want nothing to do with Martin under any circumstances.  He abandoned his team in a time he was needed, and if that wasn't bad enough, he drug down a fellow teammate (friend) in the process. 
Ya, Incognito was a great friend. You're an idiot.
2/19/2014 2:44 PM
Ray Rice.
2/20/2014 11:23 AM
123 Next ▸
Martin or Sam Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.