where do they get these ratings? Topic

2/3/2008 8:01 PM
Speaking of everybody having certain players and trends, doesn't TOM BRADY appear in many leagues from 80 percent of the teams now?
4/13/2008 1:57 PM
questions on figuring needed running and passing attempts:
If I pick a defense that is very poor on "drive", should this in theory allow the oposition longer time with the ball (fewer possessions for each team per game)? Thus lowering by a bit how much RB/QB/WR stamina I need?
Also, by choosing to throw deep (very aggressive), maxing yds per catch but lowering my completion %, also mean fewer needed plays per game?
4/14/2008 8:39 AM
A high Drive rating will help in shutting down the opponent's drives, which means a low Drive makes it tougher to stop them. You also have to take into account your natural Rush and Pass ratings. Red Zone is more about stopping scoring opportunities.
5/29/2008 2:09 PM
I was one of the first to use the O7 Brady with good sucess (52 td's I believe), so I know how to use this player. But on the D side of the ball I love using my 83 Cards D against him even though this D has an 18 rating on drive. I believe that the higher ratings in sack and interceptions really come into play here, but not just with the 83 Cards. The 52 Pack and 85 Cowboys may do even better.

To answer your second question Tom, it only works if you score.
6/1/2008 12:16 PM
why do SO MANY teams use the 83 Cards D? And if it so under-valued by $$ spent, why wouldn't WIS raise the cost of this D so it becomes less desirable?
4/22/2009 3:31 PM
feeling very unloved here....
5/11/2009 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By roadhouse19 on 1/22/2008
Quote: Originally Posted By norbert on 1/17/2008

Pass Accuracy affects completion chances and distance is factored in as well. Pass Accuracy is calculated to be comparable for different style QBs, so one that threw short with higher percentages may have the same Accuracy rating as one that threw deep with lower percentages. This means you can be more aggresive with a QB that threw short passes overall in real life, but you should then expect lower completion percentages.
Pass Stamina affects pass attempts, and if you go over, your performance will be hit HARD. This is to preserve balance and the long timers know what I mean. This will not change until there is a way to either refactor costs and let everyone throw as much as they like, or have a way to keep the season totals in check. Right now, everything is kept in check per game.
This statement explains something that had me a bit perplexed. I just put together a team with '67 Joe Namath on it and his pass accuracy was in the low 70s, 72 I believe. In real life, Namath was barely a 50% passer. I assume then that his relatively high accuracy rating is likely due to the fact that Broadway Joe's ability to hit Don Maynard & co. on long bombs is kind-of, sort-of similar to more modern qbs who throw shorter passes for high completion rates but low yards-per-attempt.
The rating also normalized to the NFL averages of that season.
9/25/2009 3:10 PM
bubbubububump
2/11/2010 7:20 PM
Fumbles: Are they random? Do some defenses generate more, and do some runners fumble more often? I have Eddie (97 stam) Price as my main RB in some exhib leagues, and he is coughing it up like mad. Twelve in 5 games to date. Very frustratin'!
7/19/2010 10:49 PM
nobody loves me
nobody cares
8/2/2010 5:23 PM
I was kinda wondering something.  Why does it seem like no matter what defense I pick, I give up at  least 4 or 5 50+ yard plays a game.  I can choose a high "drive" rating and a high "red zone" rating and it doesnt matter....still big play after big play against me.  Why is this happening?  . 
8/8/2010 5:37 AM
Posted by tomhanrahan on 8/2/2010 5:23:00 PM (view original):
nobody loves me
nobody cares
I love ya Tom.

You don't play enough.  You've gotta give me a chance to get even with you for knocking out my 1985 Dan Fouts team out of the playoffs.

You ducking me?
8/11/2010 2:54 PM
Posted by amerk1180 on 8/8/2010 5:37:00 AM (view original):
I was kinda wondering something.  Why does it seem like no matter what defense I pick, I give up at  least 4 or 5 50+ yard plays a game.  I can choose a high "drive" rating and a high "red zone" rating and it doesnt matter....still big play after big play against me.  Why is this happening?  . 
Pay attention to how you have your defense set vs. formations and down and distance.

I can tell you though that when I play against a good player who uses 2007 Tom Brady with 1951 Crazy Legs Hirsch, I'm not sure there's anything you can do.
8/11/2010 2:56 PM
"run" and "pass" ratings are the only ones that will be much help in preventing bg plays.
When I've used DEFs with run rating of 80-85, I typically allow 1 yd per rush on avg less than using a '50' run DEF.
When I've used DEFs with pass rating of 80-85, I typically allow 10% fewer pass completions than using a '50' pass DEF.
This all may mean 2 fewer bg plays per game. But it's expensive. I go cheaper on the red zone and drive ratings to max out the run, pass and sometimes sack ratings.

8/12/2010 12:10 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
where do they get these ratings? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.