OSU out.  They can't play in a bowl.
10/28/2012 8:30 PM
Bowl or not they are still one of the best 10 in the country, no doubt about it.
10/28/2012 8:31 PM
Posted by gregsimon on 10/28/2012 8:31:00 PM (view original):
Bowl or not they are still one of the best 10 in the country, no doubt about it.
As long as they get to keep playing Big10 and MAC teams, yeah, they are!

1.  Alabama
2.  Oregon
3.  Kansas State
4.  Notre Dame
5.  LSU
6.  Georgia
7.  Florida
8.  Florida State
9.  South Carolina
10. Ohio State
10/29/2012 12:09 PM (edited)
Posted by cydrych on 10/29/2012 12:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gregsimon on 10/28/2012 8:31:00 PM (view original):
As long as they get to keep playing Big10 and MAC teams, yeah, they are!

1.  Alabama
2.  Oregon
3.  Kansas State
4.  Notre Dame
5.  LSU
6.  Georgia
7.  Florida
8.  Florida State
9.  South Carolina
10. Ohio State
to be fair Ohio State only played 1 MAC team same amount as a number of SEC teams. 
10/29/2012 3:00 PM
First and foremost, the MAC is kicking some serious butt this year.

Secondly, who cares who the SEC is playing OOC.  They are dominating the landscape of college football and the end doesn't appear in sight anytime soon.
10/29/2012 3:09 PM
GO PITT GO GO GO!! 20-6!!

Funny to see Notre Dame completely **** the bed against Pittsburgh, after some impressive victories.
11/3/2012 6:20 PM
I think you called it a little too early, ink.  ND did suck it up but it turns out that Pitt is who we thought they were.
11/3/2012 11:26 PM
Yeah, I think I jinxed 'em. That BS 4th-down phantom pass interference was called right after I posted. It was all ND after that, plus Pitt's douchebag kicker missed a 30-yard FG for the win. ND's good, but they've gotten some breaks, too (like the TD-that-wasn't-a-TD to end the Stanford game).
11/3/2012 11:52 PM
1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Kansas State
4. Notre Dame
5. Florida
6. Ohio State
7. Louisiana State
8. Georgia
9. Louisville
10. Florida State

I do think Oregon is the best team in the country, but their schedule has been so much worse than Alabama's at this point I can't put them ahead of them.
11/4/2012 12:02 AM
How can Oregon be the best team in the country when they allow an opponent to score 50+ points?  Offense is sexy but Defense wins Championships.  Alabama is clearly the best team in the country and they will prove it in the BCS Title game
11/4/2012 8:50 AM
1. Alabama
2. Kansas State
3. Oregon
4. Notre Dame
5. Georgia
6. Ohio State
7. Florida
8. LSU
9. Florida State
10. Louisville
11/4/2012 8:52 AM
I didn't see anything this weekend that changes my rankings from last weekend...

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Kansas State
4. Notre Dame
5. LSU
6. Georgia
7. Florida
8. Florida State
9. South Carolina
10. Ohio State
11/4/2012 10:15 AM
If the natty isn't AL/OR, they shouldn't hold one. 

KState vs. 2-5 SEC would be a good game.

ND should play someone along the lines of FSU, Louisville or Clemson.  That's their talent level.
11/4/2012 10:18 AM
Posted by cravedogg on 11/4/2012 8:50:00 AM (view original):
How can Oregon be the best team in the country when they allow an opponent to score 50+ points?  Offense is sexy but Defense wins Championships.  Alabama is clearly the best team in the country and they will prove it in the BCS Title game
They scored 60+ in the game and it was never in doubt.  I pay no attention to games like that.  Oregon gets stops when they have to.  I think Alabama v. Oregon will be a great game, I just think Oregon wins 55% of the time.  This Alabama team is not as good as even last years Alabama team, and is no where near as good as the one that beat Texas a few years ago.  There are clear flaws and I believe Oregon has the pieces to capitalize on them.  I think the score will be something like 27-20.

Now maybe the next few weeks prove me to be incorrect or show me enough to change my mind, but as of now I believe Oregon is the best team in the country.

11/5/2012 9:56 AM
Posted by moranis on 11/5/2012 9:57:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cravedogg on 11/4/2012 8:50:00 AM (view original):
They scored 60+ in the game and it was never in doubt.  I pay no attention to games like that.  Oregon gets stops when they have to.  I think Alabama v. Oregon will be a great game, I just think Oregon wins 55% of the time.  This Alabama team is not as good as even last years Alabama team, and is no where near as good as the one that beat Texas a few years ago.  There are clear flaws and I believe Oregon has the pieces to capitalize on them.  I think the score will be something like 27-20.

Now maybe the next few weeks prove me to be incorrect or show me enough to change my mind, but as of now I believe Oregon is the best team in the country.

You do realize most people think this Alabama team is better than last year because of their balance offensive attack.  Maybe it is just me but I will take solid SEC defense over an Oregon offense all day long.  The proof is in the pudding, LSU and Auburn shut down what was thought to be an explosive Oregon Offense and this Alabama team has a defense that is better than either one of those LSU or Auburn teams. 

The good news is I think Alabama and Oregon will play so we will get to see the matchup.  Alabama wins the game
11/5/2012 10:05 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...16 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.