I don't think it's a bad job.   But I think there are plenty of "better" ones out there. 
12/6/2013 3:37 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/6/2013 3:37:00 PM (view original):
I don't think it's a bad job.   But I think there are plenty of "better" ones out there. 
Well sure there are Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Florida, Alabama, Texas, and probably Notre Dame (academics hurts them a bit), Florida State, Oklahoma, Miami, PSU, Nebraska, and LSU but past them I think you could make a case for Washington as being on par with just about any job in the country especially when you factor in the pressure to win (which is why you would eliminate a lot of the other SEC schools).  Frankly given where Miami, PSU, and Nebraska are at, Washington might very well be a better job than them.  Oregon is certainly up now and there is Nike, which helps, but UW isn't what you would call poor.  The right coach and Washington will go back to being a power and the only real and consistent threat to USC (assuming they get their crap together) in that conference.
12/6/2013 5:30 PM
Posted by moranis on 12/6/2013 5:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/6/2013 3:37:00 PM (view original):
Well sure there are Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Florida, Alabama, Texas, and probably Notre Dame (academics hurts them a bit), Florida State, Oklahoma, Miami, PSU, Nebraska, and LSU but past them I think you could make a case for Washington as being on par with just about any job in the country especially when you factor in the pressure to win (which is why you would eliminate a lot of the other SEC schools).  Frankly given where Miami, PSU, and Nebraska are at, Washington might very well be a better job than them.  Oregon is certainly up now and there is Nike, which helps, but UW isn't what you would call poor.  The right coach and Washington will go back to being a power and the only real and consistent threat to USC (assuming they get their crap together) in that conference.
This is pretty well all on-point.
I also have heard that Peterson wouldn't want the spotlight of LA, which could also be why he shunned USC.  There will be some pressure to win at UW, but it won't be nearly as great as at USC. 
He is also (according to the local sports talk station) now the highest paid coach in the Pac-12, although I don't think actual details of Sark's contract are out there since it is a private institution (Shaw's either, but there is no way Stanford is paying a football coach at the top level of the Pac-12)
12/6/2013 6:22 PM
***** Taste is not a good job.
12/6/2013 10:15 PM
5 years, 18 million supposedly for Peterson
12/7/2013 6:58 AM
◂ Prev 123

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.