Weekly overreactions Topic

Woulda/coulda/shoulda is irrelevant, the game that happened matters, the hypothetical "if they played again" is not.
9/13/2015 5:14 PM
If you're simple-minded.   We're talking about top 25 teams not 2-0 teams that aren't top 25 teams.   Are you having trouble keeping up?
9/13/2015 5:18 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
They play the game on the field, not on paper. BYU beat two credible teams, they should be in the Top 25. 
9/14/2015 1:34 AM
Putting them in the Top 25 would be an overreaction.    Which was the point of this thread.   Thanks for your contribution.
9/14/2015 8:35 AM
OSU not unanimous anymore with Michigan St. getting 2 votes.  7 SEC schools are ranked.  BYU at 19

AP Top 25
9/14/2015 10:04 AM
Saying BYU is going to make the Championship Series would be an overreaction, putting them in the rankings is a proper way to reward them for their resume.
9/14/2015 2:12 PM
I see no point in putting a team in the top 25 that has about zero chance of finishing there.    I see 5 losses on the schedule and they might finish with 7.   That's a pretty tough route to the top 25.
9/14/2015 2:23 PM
Seems to me next week at UCLA is the only game I could say right now, BYU has very little chance of winning.  I would expect it to lose at Michigan and at Missouri and one of the AAC teams might beat it at home.  7 losses, that is quite silly based on the two games already played, and even 5 would be pushing it.
9/14/2015 3:21 PM
4 of the 5 road games.   Cincy, ECU, Conn and Fresno State. 

They lost their QB.   It's not as if they dominated Neb or BS.   They scraped by.   The only sure win I see is Wagner. 
9/14/2015 3:27 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/14/2015 2:23:00 PM (view original):
I see no point in putting a team in the top 25 that has about zero chance of finishing there.    I see 5 losses on the schedule and they might finish with 7.   That's a pretty tough route to the top 25.
We all know you like to post some crazy sheit, but saying teams should be ranked on what you think might happen over the rest of the season instead of what you know has already happened is one of your "best".
9/14/2015 4:18 PM
Well, early season rankings are about as stupid as you but, if a team has little chance of finishing near the top, putting them up there is pointless.    BYU has plenty of time to "prove" they belong with the big boys.   If they do, I'll change my tune.   But, more than likely, UCLA beats them by 20 and Michigan beats them by double digits.     Will you come back and say "Yeah, OK, they aren't a Top 25 team and never should have been considered to be one" if that happens?

I mean, after all, Jax St should be top 25 if Auburn is 18, right?
9/14/2015 4:33 PM
ND is 8th.   VA should be top 25, right?
9/14/2015 4:49 PM
If it was anyone other than you, I'd say you can't possibly believe the garbage you're typing, but since it is you, I'm sure you do. You are the 1 person on the planet who believes rankings should put more importance on what may or may not happen moving forward than what has already happened. Thanks for sharing that interesting outlook. Nothing further needs said on the subject.
9/14/2015 5:43 PM
So do you think all 2-0 teams should be ahead of 1-1 or 0-2 teams?   Because, quite frankly, that's possibly the dumbest thing on earth.   But it's you so I wouldn't be surprised.
9/14/2015 5:45 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...44 Next ▸
Weekly overreactions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.