Stadium Size Limits Topic

With good free agents going for no less than $2M a year and many for millions and millions more, having "extra" money doesn't make much of a difference that I can tell.
6/3/2010 4:57 PM
Indeed, this offseason the FA prices have even gone up!

6/4/2010 6:54 AM
I dunno damag, I thought our world was more or less what it was last year. Unfortunately. Several players going for over $4m. One for over five. Anyone decent usually got two, three, four times what they're actually worth. You know, business as usual these days.

I haven't really signed a free agent in three years. The only decent player I've managed to pick up in that time was on a transfer.
6/23/2010 9:42 PM
Let's raise the seating ceiling to 80k or even 100!  As a club owner that also owns the stadium it plays in, I'd like to grow the stadium to attract the summer rock tour season. Wembley fit 85000 in for U2 in 2009. I'm sure we could top that up here in Scotland for a Big Country / Simple Minds reunion tour. The extra cash could then be used to subsidize football operations.

Along these lines, future updates could include a daily or annual expense for stadium security and amenities.  Skimp on these too much, and hooligans descend, driving attendance figures sharply lower. Sidelines like these could keep owners interested in the game more regularly, especially as the game matures and teams must learn to grow talent from the bottom-up over a real-world period time of many months if not years.

7/8/2010 5:55 PM
I like idea of stadium simulation. We could recruit and sign security staff. Madness and mayhem could break out if our team gets too good or too bad,
9/15/2010 1:39 AM
Well, if the underlying game itself becomes boring it can be changed into something else.  That seems to be what you are suggesting.  I would prefer improvements to the game itself.
9/17/2010 2:11 PM
Posted by szabo on 9/17/2010 2:11:00 PM (view original):
Well, if the underlying game itself becomes boring it can be changed into something else.  That seems to be what you are suggesting.  I would prefer improvements to the game itself.
Improvements to the game itself!?!?! that's practically blasphemy on FCD forums! Why would anyone want to improve the game we all love? next
9/17/2010 6:47 PM
Balance:  $65,776,894  
5/2/2011 10:41 PM
◂ Prev 123
Stadium Size Limits Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.