FC Dynasty Unofficial Guide Book Topic

Just wondering when it comes to signing players from Free Agency. Is it okay to overbid what you have available knowing that you won't sign everybody you want (have lost many players last minute) just so you won't miss out on your second choices.  Does the system work in the order you offer them money for instance you can start off with your most wanted and then branch out to your second choices next 
11/18/2011 4:35 AM
It's totally OK to overbid your cash on hand.  But the system "works" according to whichever player signs first.  I happen to think that's totally random, others may disagree.  I've often seen two or three players, doesn't matter which one I get but I want to be sure I get one of them, so I throw out exact same bids and take whoever signs first.

11/18/2011 9:44 AM
goldenbaer:  no real system here, just determine what strengths you want or need in a balanced line up and draft accordingly
11/27/2011 10:50 AM
Quick question, where can we tell what world we are in? I'm just waiting to get in on a league.  My nationality is US, and when I joined, I think it said about 9 were on the waiting list on the "Countries" site.  It's been about a week and now there are about 17 teams on the waiting list.  Do we pick the world during the creation of our club (I can't remember if I did)?  Thanks for the help guys.
6/15/2012 12:43 AM
Posted by cwajd4119 on 6/15/2012 12:43:00 AM (view original):
Quick question, where can we tell what world we are in? I'm just waiting to get in on a league.  My nationality is US, and when I joined, I think it said about 9 were on the waiting list on the "Countries" site.  It's been about a week and now there are about 17 teams on the waiting list.  Do we pick the world during the creation of our club (I can't remember if I did)?  Thanks for the help guys.
You don't pick the world.  When you get added to a world it will show up under your logo on your club home page.

Right now it looks like Worlds 88 through 92 are ending their season 23s within the next week, so I would guess you will go into one of them.

6/15/2012 2:52 PM
Posted by damag on 6/15/2012 2:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cwajd4119 on 6/15/2012 12:43:00 AM (view original):
You don't pick the world.  When you get added to a world it will show up under your logo on your club home page.

Right now it looks like Worlds 88 through 92 are ending their season 23s within the next week, so I would guess you will go into one of them.

Thanks, I appreciate it.
6/15/2012 6:50 PM
Do I have any real chance when I got put into a league who just finished their season 25?  What should my expectations really be for my first few seasons?
7/30/2012 5:29 PM
Posted by aftermath8 on 7/30/2012 5:29:00 PM (view original):
Do I have any real chance when I got put into a league who just finished their season 25?  What should my expectations really be for my first few seasons?
You won't be competitive with veteran teams in your first season, simply because your "starter" team has only six roster spots for you to fill immediately with quality free agents.  And you have to wait till after your first season for your starter players' contracts to expire.

Don't re-sign any of your starter players unless you somehow were given one or a few very good ones, or young ones who look promising for development.

Spend your first season building your stadium to maximize your cash income.  Read this thread on how to do that.

Your placement in the first season will depend on how many real and how many AI (unowned) teams are in your league.  I would set a goal of at least trying to be better than the AI teams.  But they may still have a few really good players on unexpired contracts, if their owner abandoned them recently.  Veteran teams will beat you down mercilessly, but you can at least try to give them a fight.

Going into your second season, if you've done it right, you should have a very small roster turning over, and a lot of cash to go shopping with.

One team in my league came in 13th last season (his first), and in his second season with probably 75% roster turnover he is now in 7th at the halfway point, dead even with many veteran teams.  Good luck.

7/30/2012 6:11 PM
Question for free agents, what is the best rating you can find for an 18/19 year old free agent at the start of the season? I searched max age 19 minimum overall 50, forward position domestic and nothing came up.
10/1/2012 5:33 PM
Posted by paladn24 on 10/1/2012 5:33:00 PM (view original):
Question for free agents, what is the best rating you can find for an 18/19 year old free agent at the start of the season? I searched max age 19 minimum overall 50, forward position domestic and nothing came up.
It'll be random.  You just have to keep looking.  Usually you'll get some around the 42-44 range, but sometimes they won't even hit 40s.  But you do get some rare ones.  Best F's and M's I've ever scouted personally as 18 year olds have been 48s and 49s, they max out around 75.  Once I found a GK who was a 59 at 18 yrs old, he's now an 85 at 24.

10/1/2012 7:26 PM
any idea how you quit.  Like the game, just don't have the time any longer.
10/5/2012 11:31 PM
Just don't log in to check your team.  After some time - I forget how long - the system will remove you as owner.

10/6/2012 9:17 AM
Ive never ever played this before. ive been waiting for about a week and a half or two weeks. how long does it usually take to join a world?
10/17/2012 7:03 PM
Depends on which country your team is from, and when the next available world with that country in it rolls over.

I see that your team is from Chile.  According to the Worlds grid, the only world with a Chilean league in it is World 81, and it's in Week 44.  So you will have about another week to ten days to wait.

If you want to play some games, get some Exhibitions going.  Go to the 'Challenges' dropdown and just fill in your challenge slots with open challenges... which match you up with any other teams looking for open challenges... or seek out any friends by owner name.  These games don't count against anything but give you a feel for the gameplay, lineups, formations, etc.

10/17/2012 7:21 PM
Is there any way to know what the max transfer values for my players are? I would like to know what I could get before I advertise them as available.
1/15/2013 12:29 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...8 Next ▸
FC Dynasty Unofficial Guide Book Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.