North American Border Battle ($120m/DH) FULL Topic

I'm going to use Miler Park and Ted Williams as my Wild Card player.
5/13/2014 9:06 PM
Might try but could you update the list on page 1? OI was going to say Ohio until I found it was taken.
5/14/2014 10:21 AM
Ohio is available. Page 1 has been updated. Been out of town.
5/14/2014 6:35 PM
The AL East, Central and NL Central are now filled.
5/15/2014 10:40 AM (edited)
I'll give Ohio a try...stadium and player to come

5/14/2014 8:56 PM
Lots of great players remain:

Virginia/Mid Atlantic: David Wright, Justin Verlander, Deacon Phillipe, Paul Goldschmidt, Maury Wills, Doc White, Lu Blue, Justin Upton, Michael Cuddyer, Willie Horton, Todd Hundley, Billy Wagner

TN/KY: Helton, Pinson, Noodles Hahn, Fred Toney, Pee-Wee Reese, Bobby Veach, Bunning

Wash/Oregon: Sandberg, Ron Santo, Earl Averill, Vean Gregg, Jon Lester, Tim Lincecum, Dale Murphy, Ken Williams

US Territories+Panama: Curt Schilling, Ron Darling, Sid Fernandez, Shane Victorino, Roberto Clemente, Roberto Alomar, Orlando Cepeda, Bernie Williams, Pudge Rodriguez, Javy Vazquez, Mariano Rivera, Rod Carew

Mass/CT: Bagwell, Cochrane, Clarkson, Keefe, Chesbro, Wilbur Wood, Roger Connor

New England: Carlton Fisk, Chris Carpenter, Bob Tewksbury, Lajoie, Hartnett, Hugh Duffy

Wisc/Minn: Winfield, Molitor, Maris, Mauer, Chief Bender, Jerry Koosman, Lave Cross, Al Simmons, Addie Joss, Kid Nichols

Southwest US/Mexico, Nicaragua: Duane Ward, Ralph Kiner, Vern Stephens, Barry Zito, Bryce Harper, Vinny Castilla, Valenzuela, Teddy Higuera, Dennis Martinez, Everth Cabrera

Kansas/Colorado: Johnny Damon, Joe Tinker, Darren Daulton, Walter Johnson, Claude Hendrix, Goose Gossage, Roy Halladay, Chase Headley, Bob Horner, Ed Siever

Ohio/West Virginia: George Brett, Jesse Burkett, Toby Harrah, Bill Mazeroski, Wilbur Cooper, Pete Rose, Mike Schmidt, Barry Larkin, Ed Delahanty, Elmer Flick, Sam Leever, Cy Young, Dutch Leonard
5/17/2014 11:23 AM (edited)
Ill noise and misery,
Playing at West Side Grounds, Chicago, Illinois
Wildcard is Stan Musial of St Louis Cardinals, Missouri
5/16/2014 12:39 PM
Posted by dvorr80 on 5/1/2014 10:50:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dlchow on 5/1/2014 10:38:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dvorr80 on 5/1/2014 10:19:00 AM (view original):
A-Rod: pride of the Calgary Cannons!
When you say "Professional Baseball" in the rule for Wild cards, does that mean non-MLB team?  I picked A-Rod because he played for the Mariners, but also played for Calgary and Tacoma.
Any league that is included in the link I provided in the first post qualifies towards the picking of your Wildcard player. So A-Rod playing in Calgary qualified him for your team.  There is no link between the ballpark you select and wildcard player you select. It just happens to be a coincidence in your case that A-Rod played in your region and at Safeco.

www.baseball-reference.com/minors/league.cgi

Hope that makes sense...
So your Wild card must have played for a MLB or a Minor League team in your region, right?  Because I am seeing a bunch of Wild Cards who have only played for a MLB team in the region.
5/17/2014 12:23 AM
Wow...putting a team under the cap is time consuming! I'll select Pete Browning as my wild card stadium will come soon
5/17/2014 11:10 AM
Posted by dlchow on 5/17/2014 12:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dvorr80 on 5/1/2014 10:50:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dlchow on 5/1/2014 10:38:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dvorr80 on 5/1/2014 10:19:00 AM (view original):
A-Rod: pride of the Calgary Cannons!
When you say "Professional Baseball" in the rule for Wild cards, does that mean non-MLB team?  I picked A-Rod because he played for the Mariners, but also played for Calgary and Tacoma.
Any league that is included in the link I provided in the first post qualifies towards the picking of your Wildcard player. So A-Rod playing in Calgary qualified him for your team.  There is no link between the ballpark you select and wildcard player you select. It just happens to be a coincidence in your case that A-Rod played in your region and at Safeco.

www.baseball-reference.com/minors/league.cgi

Hope that makes sense...
So your Wild card must have played for a MLB or a Minor League team in your region, right?  Because I am seeing a bunch of Wild Cards who have only played for a MLB team in the region.
OR is correct. See the Example posted on Page 1.
5/17/2014 11:13 AM
Posted by rleo on 5/17/2014 11:10:00 AM (view original):
Wow...putting a team under the cap is time consuming! I'll select Pete Browning as my wild card stadium will come soon
Your region has a ton of talent. I am not quite sure why they were passed on twice before. Perhaps its the reason you stated above.
5/17/2014 11:15 AM
Try putting together a Tx/Ok team under the cap. 
5/17/2014 1:43 PM
I'll take second team if needed.  KS-CO if available.  Arky Vaughan as wild card (Wichita in minors).  And now recognizing that Kansas City isn't in KS, I guess I would brave Mile High.
5/19/2014 12:18 PM
Ok, dlchow. Since the MO team has already chosen their ballpark, you can choose from KC or Colorado. 
5/19/2014 7:38 PM
Ok thanks.  I'm in with Kauffman Stadium.
5/20/2014 12:20 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
North American Border Battle ($120m/DH) FULL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.