Round 2 Themes Topic

I think you have an error in the description of the ballpark in the $100m theme.   It should read:

Ballpark: Use a ballpark from the same team as your 25th player (i.e., team with 4 players)

Since we're taking 3 players from each of the 8 drafted teams, leaving us only 1 extra player to be taken.
9/7/2012 11:59 PM

This is where I am "hiding" 2013 WIS Championship Round 1 Themes...

League Name: Same Players, Different Seasons
Salary Cap: $70 Million

Description: You may use anybody you want to build your $70M roster.  But, if you advance to round 2, you must use these same 25 players and build a $120M roster, where you use a different season of each player (than you used in round 1).  Different season means different year, not a different version of the same year.

DH: No
WW: No
AAA: No
Trades: No
Clones: No
Injuries: Turned On
SLL: Not allowed
Multi-team players: No restrictions (i.e., you can use partial or combined)
Ballpark: Any ballpark may be used, but the same park must be used in both rounds 1 and 2.
300K Exception: N/A
Team Name: Anything
Division Alignment: Random

----------------------------------------------------------

League Name: AVG / ERA
Salary Cap: $80 Million

Description:  Pick a 3-digit batting avarage (i.e., .287).  Every position player on your roster (over 300K) must have the exact same batting average.  Pick a 3-digit earned run average (i.e., 3.23).  Every pitcher on your roster (over 300K) must have the exact same earned run average.  Whatever the search engine displays will be the official number.  When doing a search, you should enter 4 digits (i.e., for .287, enter .2865 min to .2875 max or for 3.23, enter 3.225 min to 3.235 max)

Ballpark: Any ballpark may be used.
300K Exception:  Players at $300K or below are not subject to the AVG or ERA restriction.
Team Name: Include the AVG and ERA in the team name.

League Name: Silver Anniversary Franchise
Salary Cap: $90 Million

Description: Pick a franchise (ie.., Expos & Nationals are one franchise).  Pick 25 conseuctive seasons for that franchise. Build your roster using one player per season. 

Ballpark: Use a ballpark your franchise called home during one of those 25 seasons.
300K Exception: N/A.
Team Name: Include the franchise and seasons in the team name.

League Name: Dual Team .500 Twist
Salary Cap: $100 Million

Description: Pick any two single-season teams from history.  Make note of their real-life W-L record.  The cumulative number of wins must be within two of the cumulative number of losses.  For example, 86-76 + 71-83 = 157-159, OK.... but 85-76 + 71-83 = 156-159 NO).  Using players from both rosters, TWIST them to any season to build your team (use baseball-reference... only need to have played in one game to be eligible to be twisted). 

Ballpark: Use a ballpark your franchise called home during one of those 25 seasons.
Team Name: Include the two teams you chose in your team name.

League Name: Everybody Plays
Salary Cap: $110 Million

Description: There are only two rules.  No players under $2 million on your roster.  No batters with 600+ PA/162 allowed on your roster (599 OK, 600 NO).  THe DH will be in effect in this theme.

DH: Yes

League Name: Sudoku Challenge
Salary Cap: $120 Million

Description: Using the digits 0 thru 9, create five two-digit numbers, using each digit exactly once (i.e., 18, 93, 24, 56, 70). You must use 5 players from each of those seasons.  All years are eligible, but you can only one year for each two-digit number (i.e., 93 can represent either 1893 or 1993, not both). You must spend between $15M and $30M per season. 

5/29/2013 8:58 PM (edited)
Last season I started building all these teams right away and bombed out of the first round. I don't want to jinx it this year. If I somehow sneak through, I'll be scrambling. Oh, the cruel paradoxes of life.
9/19/2012 9:41 PM
on the 100 mil cap, could a person draft a team/player that is in two different eras, for example, draft the 1996 Yankees and the 2005 Yankees and use the Rivera from each of those seasons? Thanks
9/26/2012 12:47 PM
You can draft the same team (96 Yankees and 06 Yankees) but you can't use the same player.  This is covered under the "No Clones" rule.
9/26/2012 12:59 PM
Will 2012 players be allowed in round 2?

I would really hope they won't be allowed in the progressive/regressive league.

10/4/2012 8:44 AM
2012 players will be allowed (the new season has always been allowed in round 2).  I doubt too many people factored that into their 80M roster building process (especially since the 2012 salary would be unknown).
10/4/2012 9:12 AM
Is the $60M theme a typo?  It seems out of the normal progression of 70/80/90/100/110/120.
10/8/2012 6:58 PM
It was 60 in round 2 last year, and I've been planning on it being 60 again this year.
10/8/2012 8:07 PM
Unaccustomed as I am to the rare air of round two, I stand corrected.
10/8/2012 8:28 PM
Posted by hacker7 on 10/8/2012 6:58:00 PM (view original):
Is the $60M theme a typo?  It seems out of the normal progression of 70/80/90/100/110/120.

The round 2 low cap is always 60M. 

10/8/2012 11:04 PM
◂ Prev 123
Round 2 Themes Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.