PCL 52M Progressive - FULL Topic

Progressive Cap League $52 Mill - Progressive Season 3

12/19/2012 5:33 PM (edited)
Imagine...

Imagine what it'd be like to see every all-time NBA great progress through their careers at the same time. Would Russell win 11 out of 13 rings in a league with Bird & Magic?

Would Jordan win so many consecutive scoring titles win a league with Wilt?

Would Shaq be as dominant when he's in a league with 23 other elite, all-time centers instead of just 2 or 3?

Would Duncan still be considered the greatest PF if he had to play against players like the Mailman, Barkley, McHale & Rodman night after night?

How would the best two players in the world right now fare against the all-time greats?

It's time to find out. And in a better representation to the NBA (and unlike any other progressive league currently running in WISNBA), teams will have to adhere to a salary cap. Now you can't just stockpile talent forever; you have to make decisions every season as to who you can afford to keep (and who is worth holding onto).

Here's the particulars!

Cap: T$52M
*no clones, all players are exclusive
*no waiver wire
*no rookies

12/18/2012 12:32 AM
How the League Progresses
*Every player drafted starts with their rookie year. After the first season is over, all players progress to their second year. After the second season, they progress to their third. And so on. So if I draft Michael Jordan, he starts with the 84-85 season. The second year of the league, he'll be in his 85-86 season. The third 86-87. You get the picture.

*If a player missed out on a season completely, they go to the IR for that year (or years). For example, if you owned Magic Johnson, he'd be available to you till the 90-91season. After that, he'd have to be on the IR for the next four seasons but would be available to you again for his 95-96 season.

*Once a player runs out of seasons in the sim database, he is retired. There will be no recycling of 2 or 3 year wonders. This puts more emphasis on players who had longevity over their careers.

*After every season, there is a short offseason period. During this period, you will do the following things for your roster:
1) progress everyone one season
2) decide what cuts you want to make as well as trades
3) post said moves in a single thread known as the keeper thread.
4) After everyone's keepers have been posted, there will be a couple of days until keepers are locked. Once keepers are locked, there will be a lottery drawing.
5) Draft.

*New season begins and everything starts allover again.

*Cut players progress just like players on squads. They remain free agents until they retire or are drafted by another team, but they "get older" just like everyone else.

*New Players - aka players who are drafted that aren't considered free agents - always start with their rookie season.

Other League Rules:
*Your team can absolutely *not* ever be over the cap. I don't care how much you love your squad, if your team progresses over the cap, you have to make cuts to get back under the cap. Don't draft someone without seeing if they put you over the cap. If you do this accidentally, the last player you drafted will be released and you'll be forced to accept a $239k scrub of my choosing. So don't do it.

*Team Names. Please stick to a City/State - Mascot theme (example: Memphis Manglers or Tennessee Tornadoes). Neither the city nor the mascot have to be real NBA towns, but please stick to this format. It will make everything easier in the long run. Also, please don't be offensive with your team names. We're all adults here.

*I will keep some historical things for this league. I'm working on how much right now - and how to share it with you - but it will be quite extensive. I'll at least share as much as I keep for my own personal teams.

Please post in this thread and/or sitemail myself and/or Slymonium. Get in today - this is one of the most challenging progressive leagues you'll ever join... and due to the nature of the cap, it makes one year turn arounds possible & keeps the likelihood of one owner dominating for a long time to a minimum!
12/18/2012 12:34 AM
Sm'd seapilots earlier today and posted here, but did not hear back and team is already different than it was then. Hit me up next season before your draft starts if a team opens up. Would like to join the league but only if I have the oportunity to draft a majority of it myself.
12/19/2012 12:56 AM (edited)
Rick Barry is also on that squad- just on IR for this upcoming season.
12/19/2012 12:34 AM
Consider this your hearing back.  No.
12/19/2012 2:15 PM
lol
12/19/2012 2:28 PM
sry didn't realize you had douches like ash in your league, I have no interest in taking part, gl keeping ur league together, the more people that know ash the fewer that will want anything to do with it.
12/19/2012 3:44 PM
Posted by natenoy on 12/19/2012 3:44:00 PM (view original):
sry didn't realize you had douches like ash in your league, I have no interest in taking part, gl keeping ur league together, the more people that know ash the fewer that will want anything to do with it.
It is ash's league.
12/19/2012 3:47 PM
Posted by logain on 12/19/2012 3:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by natenoy on 12/19/2012 3:44:00 PM (view original):
It is ash's league.
Wow, even more reason not to have anything to do with it, sure would hate to have to compete against teams like the one he just had in the teammate twist theme where he went a mighty 41-41 and is down 0-3 in the playoffs.
12/19/2012 3:55 PM
Last thing that I have to say to you ash, and you can take it to heart because I'm dead serious: GFY.
12/19/2012 4:08 PM
This mean you'll leave the ODL, Funk52 & DDLs if I come back?
12/19/2012 6:34 PM
PCL 52M Progressive - FULL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.