Parallel Progressive (PPL) FULL!! Waiting List Topic

In... whatever world I join, I'll be an owner who bought an entire city and renamed it Ash-something, so I'll play east or west in either world, as to what makes life easiest for the commissioners.

I would volunteer to help with something, but after the PCL, I don't want to let anyone down again.  I'll happily commit to this league for many seasons as I have every other progressive I've joined.

1/14/2013 10:57 PM

With so many different years being used simultaneously I think we'd need a roster page with every team listed and the
yrs. already used.
If a player starts in yr. three will he then play consecutive years until retiring? 
 I think freezing cut/available players could work.  Maybe give the owner the flexibility of using any of the next three available yrs.
 Partial seasons would be nearly impossible to track as far as which partial was used.  I mean the '64-'65 Wilt is obvious
but with the draft, stats and rosters to deal with partials would be easily missed.
The available list would have to include yrs. used rather than current year.  Giving an owner the flexibilty of a three yr. window when drafting would
help with cap issues.  Just once a player is drafted he'd proceed with consecutive years until retiring. 
I'd be willing to do a roster page for the league as part of stats.
Other than that this league is a great idea.  Thanks Gin!

1/14/2013 11:21 PM (edited)
Posted by tanguma44 on 1/14/2013 10:36:00 PM (view original):
It seems cool but I need to get a better understanding... I can be slow at times but I will read the rules a few times and site mail you with questions... just to make sure :)
Of course. Any questions, feel free to ask.
1/14/2013 11:19 PM
Posted by jcred5 on 1/14/2013 10:38:00 PM (view original):
I don't think the rule for cut players is a big one either way, but if I had to pick one I would say they should  NOT be frozen in time. I say that because I think year to year you could have a lot of roster turn over with such a strong waiver wire. Presuming the players cut are coming into years of less value, let them progress into potentially more valuable years in their career while they sit on the wire instead of frozen in a year that warranted them being cut. 
Ok. Just checking and that makes sense to me.
1/14/2013 11:20 PM
Great to have nc and ash. A nice list of owners is starting to stack up. 

logain has dropped out though. Hopefully he'll change his mind and jump back in.

1/14/2013 11:27 PM
Posted by ashamael on 1/14/2013 10:57:00 PM (view original):
In... whatever world I join, I'll be an owner who bought an entire city and renamed it Ash-something, so I'll play east or west in either world, as to what makes life easiest for the commissioners.

I would volunteer to help with something, but after the PCL, I don't want to let anyone down again.  I'll happily commit to this league for many seasons as I have every other progressive I've joined.

The PCL was a great concept and the few really bad teams were more a result of poor initial drafting rather
than how the league was set up. Yeah a couple of the rosters were beyond repair but there were some
great teams no doubt.  It was more a combination of poor WIS management and finding owners who are
into it.
Keepers & drafting is an entirely different animal from regular theme leagues.  I found in a weird way
I develop an affinity with some of these players after using them for 6 or 7 seasons in a row.
Still I miss the PCL!
Come on guys sign up for this one!
1/14/2013 11:43 PM
Posted by seapilots on 1/14/2013 11:21:00 PM (view original):

With so many different years being used simultaneously I think we'd need a roster page with every team listed and the
yrs. already used.
If a player starts in yr. three will he then play consecutive years until retiring? 
 I think freezing cut/available players could work.  Maybe give the owner the flexibility of using any of the next three available yrs.
 Partial seasons would be nearly impossible to track as far as which partial was used.  I mean the '64-'65 Wilt is obvious
but with the draft, stats and rosters to deal with partials would be easily missed.
The available list would have to include yrs. used rather than current year.  Giving an owner the flexibilty of a three yr. window when drafting would
help with cap issues.  Just once a player is drafted he'd proceed with consecutive years until retiring. 
I'd be willing to do a roster page for the league as part of stats.
Other than that this league is a great idea.  Thanks Gin!

I see where you're coming from with the roster page. Kinda what I was thinking by having the two conferences keep their own records/statistics. That would be part of it. There's a lot of things to iron out with this, I was gonna check with you and kat about your thoughts with record keeping if we can get enough owners interested.

If we did freezing, using any of the next three seasons after they've been frozen could work. I'm not in favor of freezing really, but that could be a compromise for me if evil is in favor of it.

Well, you can only use one of his 64-65 seasons. Then he moves onto 65-66. Not sure if I'm wording what I want correctly...
1/14/2013 11:44 PM
Posted by seapilots on 1/14/2013 11:43:00 PM (view original):

The PCL was a great concept and the few really bad teams were more a result of poor initial drafting rather
than how the league was set up. Yeah a couple of the rosters were beyond repair but there were some
great teams no doubt.  It was more a combination of poor WIS management and finding owners who are
into it.
Keepers & drafting is an entirely different animal from regular theme leagues.  I found in a weird way
I develop an affinity with some of these players after using them for 6 or 7 seasons in a row.
Still I miss the PCL!
Yeah, my Baltimore Bandits are awesome. I really liked the PCL, especially the draft and first season. My Bandits are probably my favorite WIS team I've had, one of the few I remember. If it wern't for how much I liked that league, I wouldn't want to do this one.
Some of those teams flat out suck though Ash. Any owner taking them on is taking a charity case to keep the league running. Don't blame yourself.
I liked that league so much that I really spent time trying to come up with one that wouldn't run into the same problem. Increasing the draft pool, keeping the cap, and allowing a new owners first pick to be in any season should allow a team to rebuild quickly. I'm confident it can work.
1/14/2013 11:56 PM
In.  Auerbach.  Portland.
1/15/2013 9:34 AM
In. Phil Jackson conf. Lakers really botched not bringing him back. Bothers me!
1/15/2013 10:43 AM
Posted by seapilots on 1/14/2013 11:43:00 PM (view original):

into it.
Still I miss the PCL!
I echo the sentiments from Gin on the PCL and I'm still pretty po'd about that league. This upcoming season for my Seattle team was one of my favorites too. Top seasons from Terry Porter, Dr. J, Marion, Brand and Walton.  Some of us are sitting in the league for weeks now with 2 teams waiting for the last 7 teams to fill.

Seapilots - in my opinion the sole reason the PCL didn't work was because of the owner commitment. A few owners built terrible teams and replacement owners didn't have the commitment to rebuild.  I'm in ds's 2 progressive leagues that have been running 5 to 10 seasons each and in that league owners sometimes take 3 or 4 seasons to rebuild because the owners are committed.  The PCL is far easier to rebuild so I think it's important we do what we can to ensure we have good commited owners.  The $5 GC will help and Gin's rules to rebuild more quickly should too.
1/15/2013 11:12 AM
I still have a team in the next PCL League waiting for the rest of the owners to join.  Haven't given up hope yet.
1/15/2013 11:20 AM
Okay, I'll join ask questions later :) Tangland does that sound good to you and either conference is fine!!
1/15/2013 11:44 AM
Posted by robusk on 1/15/2013 11:20:00 AM (view original):
I still have a team in the next PCL League waiting for the rest of the owners to join.  Haven't given up hope yet.
same.
1/15/2013 4:27 PM
I'm in as smokey57-San Diego-Board Lords. don't care which conference
1/15/2013 6:28 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...8 Next ▸
Parallel Progressive (PPL) FULL!! Waiting List Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.